Will the game contain spoilers for the TV show (S4)?

So now the first details are out, I can finally ask this question.

The blog post states the game roughly takes place during season 4. Now here´s my problem: I´m following the TV series through the Blu-ray releases. Season 4 will be released in March I think (a month before season 5 airs on TV), so only then I´ll have caught up. This is of course assuming the first episode(s) of the game will be released before that.

The game centres on characters not featured in the series, but I assume the stories of the TV show have some influence on what happens in the game. If anything is revealed about the events in season 4, anything at all (even minute details), I will have to wait until I´ve watched the Blu-rays.

So my question to te devs: will I have to wait until March to play the game (which I´m really looking forward to), or is it safe to play right away?

With the revelation it takes place during season 4, I fear I´ll have to wait.

Comments

• edited November 2014

You should wait until you have seen season 4 if you concerned about show spoilers

There is one major spoiler in the game that will be unavoidable for people who have never seen the tv show

I wont spoil it but i will say "a certain charactor finaly got what they deserved" lol

• Ah well, I never plan on watching the TV show anyway.

TommyW posted: »

You should wait until you have seen season 4 if you concerned about show spoilers There is one major spoiler in the game that will be una

• edited November 2014

I think its pretty safe bet you will be able to play at least episode 1 before march. I think you will be able to make your own judgment about other episodes after playing 1st.

"The events in our game series begin towards the end of Season Three of the TV show, and end right before the beginning of Season Five."

http://www.telltalegames.com/blog/86265/your-story-begins-first-details-on-game-of-thrones-a-telltale-games-series

• Any news about this yet? Is at least episode 1 safe to play as DrNorrington suggests? After the fantastic Tales from the Borderlands I´m itching for more Telltale (though I guess I could get The Wolf Amongst us instead / as well)

• Episode 1 hasnt spoiled anything from season 4 so far yet but it will do later on I think. So I'd just wait if I were you

Sméagol posted: »

Any news about this yet? Is at least episode 1 safe to play as DrNorrington suggests? After the fantastic Tales from the Borderlands I´m itching for more Telltale (though I guess I could get The Wolf Amongst us instead / as well)

Sign in to comment in this discussion.