Do you think someone who has never played any Borderlands games will enjoy this?

I have never gotten around to playing any Borderlands games, and I know nothing about the lore. Do you think I'll find this game fun, or will my lack of knowledge make it pointless?

Comments

• edited November 2014

I don't know anything either, but I sure as hell will buy it :D

btw there was a 'Borderlands lore' thread once. It was pretty good, so you might wanna find it.

• hard to tell at this point but from what we know you need to at least know the events of borderlands 2 to fully understand what is happening

everything you need to know should be here

http://www.telltalegames.com/community/discussion/72914/the-borderlands-lore-megathread-updated-with-new-title-pre-sequel-lore-and-more-spoilers-inside

• You'll probably be fine, the universe isn't too hard to understand (easier than TWAU in my opinion). I also think the game will be focused around a new story, so you won't really have to know much about the plot of the previous Borderlands games to understand what's going on.

• Listen everyone who know nothing about borderlands. On Pandora you only need these three advices, keep your weapon always ready (if you think zombie of TWD are bad, you have see nothing yet), If you think a guy is about to attack you, attack first or you will pay and finally, be the more badass possible, thank you for listening.

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator
    edited November 2014

Telltale always makes the universes they're expanding upon easy to understand. Games like The Wolf Among Us only gave the details you needed to know (Fables are fairytale creatures that live in our world, they were exiled from their homelands, Bigby protects them from each other and they're extremely hard to kill), so you should be fine, although Telltale likes to make references to the source material in small details or cameos, so you might not get a few of the in jokes.

• Telltale always makes the universes they're recreating easy to understand.

I wouldn't say "recreating" - I'd choose "expanding" instead - but I get what you mean to say. The rest of your post covers it pretty well.

As Dojo said, Telltale makes their games friendly for newcomers of the source material a strong majority of the time.

dojo32161 posted: »

Telltale always makes the universes they're expanding upon easy to understand. Games like The Wolf Among Us only gave the details you needed

• Yeah, I'll go word that a bit better.

Telltale always makes the universes they're recreating easy to understand. I wouldn't say "recreating" - I'd choose "expanding" inst

• As a longtime Borderlands fan, i would say yes. Borderlands have some very good characters that i am sure TT can do something amazing with!

• Well I haven't played any Borderlands games and I'm excited for this series. :)

• I haven't played, yet excited.

• edited November 2014

I think you newcomers to the series will like Borderlands for its humor and characters!

However, if any of you don't like humor that's based off of internet memes and movie/tv show references - then this game may not appeal to you. Just a fair warning in case any of you don't like that sort of stuff!

• Well... do you like Firefly?

Do you like Westerns or more gritty/dystopian science fiction?

You'll feel right at home with Borderlands.

• I would definitely pay for a Telltale game set in the Firefly 'Verse. :D

Trentest0 posted: »

Well... do you like Firefly? Do you like Westerns or more gritty/dystopian science fiction? You'll feel right at home with Borderlands.

• Думаю, что наслаждаться не будут я нескольким друзьям рассказал об серии этих игр дал им поиграть им не нравится сказали что бред какой-то.

• edited November 2014

I would assume that it's a novice friendly game. I haven't played any of the Borderlands games before, but I have played almost all TTG's games and those have been enjoyable even when I have been unfamiliar with the franchise.

• I don't read Russian. Could you please say the same in English?

Alexey71 posted: »

Думаю, что наслаждаться не будут я нескольким друзьям рассказал об серии этих игр дал им поиграть им не нравится сказали что бред какой-то.

• Where is Arvo when you need him?

I don't read Russian. Could you please say the same in English?

• Alt text

Alexey71 posted: »

Думаю, что наслаждаться не будут я нескольким друзьям рассказал об серии этих игр дал им поиграть им не нравится сказали что бред какой-то.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.