Question about Tales from the Borderlands

I've maybe asked it about thousands and thousands and thousands of times now in different websites, but I've yet gotten a single answer yet. Nada.

I've never played Borderlands, not the first, not the second, or the Pre-Sequel. Now, the question part: is Tales from the Borderlands recommendable to those who have not played these games? I think I will sometime end up buying them all, but for the future, can't say that I have desire to buy them currently. Actually, this question has been bothering about Game of Thrones, too. Never watched TV-show, and no complete interest in watching it. You might be asking "why the heck do you wanna buy these games then?", well it's because it's goddamn TellTale Games.

Considering I have never read any of the Fables comics, and I loved The Wolf Among Us, I'd love to buy them, especially Tales from the Borderlands, but not really sure about Game of Thrones, though. Of course we can't know until the games have come out, but still, I'd love to get some info.

Comments

• Like with most Telltale games, both Tales from the Borderlands and Game of Thrones are probably gonna be made to be friendly to those who are new to the franchise. Even Job (a dude who works at Telltale) said when that Tales from the Borderlands is gonna be 100% friendly to those who have no prior experience to Borderlands in an interview.

Game of Thrones is gonna be more like Wolf Among Us. There will be familiar faces from the books and show, as well as references to those two, but its also likely that most of the story will be Telltale's own, and therefore you will be fine.

If you're still not sure, just watch the first episode of both series on YouTube and decide for yourself if you think you understood enough to enjoy them.

• Yeah. I'll probably be checking the first episodes in YouTube. That seems like the best plan.

Thanks for the answer!

Like with most Telltale games, both Tales from the Borderlands and Game of Thrones are probably gonna be made to be friendly to those who ar

Sign in to comment in this discussion.