Preorder's for the game are now available on Steam.

The game is finally avaliable for preorder!
http://store.steampowered.com/app/330830/

Comments

• Well, November 25 it is. Kinda disappointed :/

But oh well, the game still looks great. Will be my first Telltale preorder :)

• The Date on the steam page is not final. It's just a placeholder.

Well, November 25 it is. Kinda disappointed But oh well, the game still looks great. Will be my first Telltale preorder

• edited November 2014

It actually isn't. It's not like Telltale would say:

'Heya, guys, you can sell the game from the 25th on!'

and then suddenly decide it is released a week earlier.

If Steam even gives an accurate date, after which preorders expire, then you can be 99% sure the game will release on the 25th of November.

The Date on the steam page is not final. It's just a placeholder.

• edited November 2014

Fair enough.

Alt text

It actually isn't. It's not like Telltale would say: 'Heya, guys, you can sell the game from the 25th on!' and then suddenly decide it

• i just pre-ordered the game! i hope we get it earlier then the 25th :(

• I'll be pre-ordering it next week. Can't wait!

• edited November 2014

I'm in hype train right now, so I decided to pre-ordered the game 10 min ago :)

• JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited November 2014

Steam has been known to put up dates that are placeholders in the past that have changed before release (remember, it's a store front that needs a date for preorders to go live. That date is sometimes just an estimate made by the company running the store and isn't an officially confirmed date by the company that made the game).

Since it could just be guesswork on Steam's part to get a store page active on their site, it's possible that the date can change before release. Only trust release dates that are made by Telltale themselves, either on their blog, on their Facebook, twitter, or in interviews with large gaming sites (and only if those sites have quotes from Telltale staff, as they're known to put up placeholder dates too).

It actually isn't. It's not like Telltale would say: 'Heya, guys, you can sell the game from the 25th on!' and then suddenly decide it

• November 25th isn't certain, the preorder page has changed it to November 2014, with no set date now.

Well, November 25 it is. Kinda disappointed But oh well, the game still looks great. Will be my first Telltale preorder

• edited November 2014

It isn't certain, ok. That's true. I think Steam might have accidently published the release date, and Telltale told them to put it down.

Of course I also hope it's out next Tuesday, that should be out of question. But I honestly don't see it coming. If the wait for TWD S2 and TWAU has taught me anything, then not to be optimistic abouz release dates.

dojo32161 posted: »

November 25th isn't certain, the preorder page has changed it to November 2014, with no set date now.

• I have my 15$ card for xbox live, I'm ready to buy it.

• Pre-ordered it just now! I know it will be 50% (or more) off in a sale when the game is finished but..

Alt text

• Telltale for you right there, so addicted that cant feel regret, me also ;)

WalkerHH93 posted: »

Pre-ordered it just now! I know it will be 50% (or more) off in a sale when the game is finished but..

• You are right, when i faced the delay on TWAU episode 2 i was really angry, i remember that times. :D But after then they handled it well. They may do a better job this time.

If the wait for TWD S2 and TWAU has taught me anything, then not to be optimistic abouz release dates. That's the spirit!

• If the wait for TWD S2 and TWAU has taught me anything, then not to be optimistic abouz release dates.

That's the spirit! ;)

It isn't certain, ok. That's true. I think Steam might have accidently published the release date, and Telltale told them to put it down.

• edited November 2014

I was thinking of pre-ordering the game. But I won't, because it doesn't appear to be available on Telltale store.

• Yeah, that's really random that they don't have a pre-order on their own store yet.

I wonder if Tales from the Borderlands will get a Collector's DVD and/or some other preorder bonus like Wolf and Dead Season 2 did?

I was thinking of pre-ordering the game. But I won't, because it doesn't appear to be available on Telltale store.

• Hopefully.

I just ordered my copies of TWD2 and TWAU DVDs.

Yeah, that's really random that they don't have a pre-order on their own store yet. I wonder if Tales from the Borderlands will get a Collector's DVD and/or some other preorder bonus like Wolf and Dead Season 2 did?

• it is 25th. why? because it says the offer ends in 25th. which means the pre-purchase sale will end when the game releases in 25th. :( I HOPED IT WOULD BE THE 18TH. but oh well... atleast we have a date to begin with :D

dojo32161 posted: »

November 25th isn't certain, the preorder page has changed it to November 2014, with no set date now.

• By preorder bonus, you mean the Signature DVD?

Yeah, that's really random that they don't have a pre-order on their own store yet. I wonder if Tales from the Borderlands will get a Collector's DVD and/or some other preorder bonus like Wolf and Dead Season 2 did?

• Bethesda were giving out free codes for it at PAX Australia so I have already had my pre order since the start of the month :P

• Didn't they say it had some kind of loot connectivity with the Borderlands games? Maybe it's going to be Steam only.

• What has Bethesda to do with telltale or gearbox? How did they get pre order codes for Tales from the Borderlands?

Eragon93 posted: »

Bethesda were giving out free codes for it at PAX Australia so I have already had my pre order since the start of the month :P

• Oops I ment to say geabox dont know why is said Bethesda. I probably mixed them up because they were both at Pax.

WalkerHH93 posted: »

What has Bethesda to do with telltale or gearbox? How did they get pre order codes for Tales from the Borderlands?

• JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited November 2014

The Telltale store logo is at the end of the trailer, so it would seem that Telltale does plan to have the game available for sale on their site too.

My guess is that someone over at Steam accidentally hit the button to make the pre-order page go live a bit early. Hopefully the pre-orders will go live on Telltale's site soon.

Gibbeynator posted: »

Didn't they say it had some kind of loot connectivity with the Borderlands games? Maybe it's going to be Steam only.

• edited November 2014

Hopefully.

However I find it bit odd that the pre-orders have been available on Steam for days now, but it's still not available on Telltale store.

Jennifer posted: »

The Telltale store logo is at the end of the trailer, so it would seem that Telltale does plan to have the game available for sale on their

• Yaay!! I am just so unpatient and since i have started playing recently( a month ago) i played it three times, explored all options when all the episodes were already realesd so i am kind of scared to play only one episode, won't be satisfying enough for me.

• I'm really gonna lose it if they put it on sale on their own page either today or tomorrow as I already paid over price (EUR) for it on Steam.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.