I'm hoping that there will be a Clementine like character in the game

What I mean by a "Clementine like character"; I don't mean a generic carbon copy of Clementine. I'm hoping for a character that you can genuinely care about with a passion just like Clementine. A character who you can be emotionally attached to and keeps the story going. Someone that will give you a shit ton of FEELS. Someone that you are so overprotective towards that when another character hurts him or her pretty bad you will be like "OH HELL NO YOU DEAD BRO." Someone that fans care so much about that they will be begging to the HBO producers to put him or her on the TV Show.

Comments

• If there is a Clementine-like character, I (assuming she lives) hope she doesn't get bland and have no development in the second season of Telltale's Game Of Thrones.

• edited November 2014

If there will be a kid, I want them to be an Arya Stark type character.

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited November 2014

You mean kind of like Snow White in Wolf Among Us? Eh, it could depend.

Even ignoring the fact that there are five playable characters (which would complicate things), I hope to not see the Clementine/Snow archetype become some trope for future Telltale series. Ideally, unless the story warrants it, I'd hope that Telltale would focus on making a story where you are concerned about multiple characters that you sympathize with and not just one special character. I feel having a Clem/Snow type character in each drama series Telltale makes would make the relationships less special if Telltale made things too predictable. They could rely on it too much and lessen the impact for when a story would've otherwise caught players by surprise had they not been accustomed to having a Clem/Snow type character by default.

However, if Game of Thrones is as big and complex as I hear it is, I do think this story could easily have a multitude of characters that each have some different trait of Clementine/Snow/etc that the main character(s) want to protect.

• Well, I'm guessing that there will be someone that everyone really really likes. And, since this is Game of Thrones, they will die.

• Isnt it more important to have a good story than a lot of feels?

• Truth.

Well, I'm guessing that there will be someone that everyone really really likes. And, since this is Game of Thrones, they will die.

• Why she?

The OP is asking for a character with a personality like hers and that we care for, and even says him or her. I fail to see how gender enters this?

If there is a Clementine-like character, I (assuming she lives) hope she doesn't get bland and have no development in the second season of Telltale's Game Of Thrones.

• edited November 2014

Do you really think that was Snow's role in TWAU?

I thought the entire point of her character there is that we assume its her role but it isn't.

Hence 'I'm not yours to lose', one of the most powerful (and oh so true) statements in the game.

You mean kind of like Snow White in Wolf Among Us? Eh, it could depend. Even ignoring the fact that there are five playable characters (w

• You can argue the best stories are those which affect your emotions the most.

Not necessarily in the way the OP describes, but yeah.

KCohere posted: »

Isnt it more important to have a good story than a lot of feels?

• Because OP said "a Clementine-like" character. Clementine's gender is female. The first gender that came to my mind was female, because of her gender.

Would you rather I be ambiguous?

Flog61 posted: »

Why she? The OP is asking for a character with a personality like hers and that we care for, and even says him or her. I fail to see how gender enters this?

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited November 2014

Well, in part, it was supposed to be an unrequited love of Bigby's. Even though Snow did not return his affection, some players still wanted to appease Snow depending on how they role-played as Bigby. Think back to Collin's dialogue about how he has "seen the way [Bigby] looks at Snow." Still, though, you are correct in that Snow was more ambitious and self sufficient than (Season 1) Clementine.

Do you really think that was Snow's role in TWAU? I thought the entire point of her character there is that we assume its her role but it isn't. Hence 'I'm not yours to lose', one of the most powerful (and oh so true) statements in the game.

• It just seems like because of the Walking Dead, people just want to cry after every episode.

You can argue the best stories are those which affect your emotions the most. Not necessarily in the way the OP describes, but yeah.

• I just want to feel invested in the characters; that entails having a reason to actually care about their plight.

It just seems like because of the Walking Dead, people just want to cry after every episode.

• Considering this is a story where the choices are supposed to affect the fate of an entire family, I'd like to think there will be some tight-knit characters working together throughout the season(s).

It'll be interesting to see if any of the different leads develop different motivations (people to protect, positions to attain, etc.).

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

I found Snow a bit bossy at times so my Bigby purposely did the opposite to what she wanted him to do just to annoy her :P

To answer the OP's question i wouldn't mind if one of the characters had a child, sibling or another close family member slimier to Clementine that they cared about but i don't think i would want any part of the story to have a kidnap scenario like in the Walking Dead as that has been done already.

Well, in part, it was supposed to be an unrequited love of Bigby's. Even though Snow did not return his affection, some players still wanted

• We already have Arya Stark we dont need Clementine in Game of Thrones.

• edited November 2014

Your question has made me think of what ideal types of characters I would like to play as from House Forrester. Here are my 5 guesses:

1. Lord of House Forrester (Ned/father figure)
    2. First born son of above father
    3. Daughter
    4. Older warrior who has looked after the children (A "hound" type character)
    5. A servant to house Forrester that is secretly romantically involved with the son or daughter

What type of members of House Forrester would you all like to play as?

• That sounds really intresting. I would like that a lot.

beguiler posted: »

Your question has made me think of what ideal types of characters I would like to play as from House Forrester. Here are my 5 guesses:

• edited November 2014

5 I would choose

How that story would go I wonder?

• I like all of your ideas except the one about the servant. Instead, I would want a bastard son or someone who was sent to the Wall, like a Jon Snow type character (this is likely because Telltale announced we would be seeing the Wall in the game).

• I'm open to that idea but I believe if Telltale will do that has to tread with that trope lightly so it won't be a repeat of the Walking Dead

• It was confirmed that we will visit the wall. Not sure if we stay though.

I like all of your ideas except the one about the servant. Instead, I would want a bastard son or someone who was sent to the Wall, like a Jon Snow type character (this is likely because Telltale announced we would be seeing the Wall in the game).

• my Bigby purposely did the opposite to what she wanted him to do just to annoy her

I take it that includes killing the Crooked Man? That's one way to show a grudge towards someone. :P

OzzyUK posted: »

I found Snow a bit bossy at times so my Bigby purposely did the opposite to what she wanted him to do just to annoy her :P To answer the

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator
    edited November 2014

Yes, i killed the crooked man and didn't burn the tree after she asked me to :P

One thing i forgot to add is that i was annoyed with the crooked man so i would probably have killed him either way.

• All of those sound good but what about lady Forrester? "Cat" style character, a mother furiously defending her children. I think that might be more interesting than the servant thing or even the first born son.

Now that I think about it the true spirit of GoT would be that the playable characters were "cripples, bastards and broken things". :)

• You know that was the one that I couldn't decide on...I first thought of a bastard with the last name snow, but I feel it would be to much of a rip off of Jon Snow's character...You know come to think of it what if the last character wasn't a servant per say or a love interest but instead a character that is enthralled with all the talk about the white walkers and that character takes us further north near the wall area?

Not quite sure how that works out yet, but I think a member of the nights watch would interfere with the books and show because we haven't seen that character and the night watch is a smallish place that we would have seen that character

I like all of your ideas except the one about the servant. Instead, I would want a bastard son or someone who was sent to the Wall, like a Jon Snow type character (this is likely because Telltale announced we would be seeing the Wall in the game).

• edited November 2014

I'm excited you all enjoy speculating the characters as much as I do. I decided I was getting this thread off topic so I started a new thread to discuss our 5 playable characters.

Any mods care to merge the above comments from other to the new thread as to stay on topic?

New thread: http://www.telltalegames.com/community/discussion/86448/5-playable-members-of-house-forrester?new=1

All of those sound good but what about lady Forrester? "Cat" style character, a mother furiously defending her children. I think that might

• Yeah I don't get that either. People say "this episode didn't make me cry so I didn't like it.", which really confuses me. Though I agree with @Flog61 that the best stories can affect your emotions, I don't think every good story needs that element.

It just seems like because of the Walking Dead, people just want to cry after every episode.

• Sadness isn't the only emotion though?

Yeah I don't get that either. People say "this episode didn't make me cry so I didn't like it.", which really confuses me. Though I agree with @Flog61 that the best stories can affect your emotions, I don't think every good story needs that element.

• I´ll be honest, I don´t think I´d ever care as much as I care for Clementine. But bring it on, likable characters are always appreciated.

• Alt text

Cough..Gravedigger,Cleganebowl...Cough

Sign in to comment in this discussion.