What is GoT about?

What is GoT all about? I hear about it often, but I don't know anything about it. Can someone fill me in what its all about?

Comments

• There's this new thing called the Internet...

• I can't really find a clear summary, if you have a link share it.

beguiler posted: »

There's this new thing called the Internet...

• It's about people fighting for power, mostly. There's a bunch of noble houses who all want to rule in some way or another. Then there's dudes up on a massive wall trying to keep the wildlings(kind of barbarian-likes) and the Others(White walkers, undead) out. And finally there's some dumb girl with dragons who can't decide who she wants inside of her, she's on the other side of the planet and has nothing to do with anything else in the series.

• some dumb girl with dragons who can't decide who she wants inside of her, she's on the other side of the planet and has nothing to do with anything else in the series.

lol xD

Alt text

• Its about the control of the Iron Throne, or aka the ruling of the Seven Kingdoms. All these Houses band together in a huge war to decide who is the rightful King, and while that is happening there is a lot of sex, violence (obviously), and yes, a stupid girl on another continent trying to raise 3 dragons.

• You know....

• Its funny because its true

anyoneonthethronebutdany

javoris767 posted: »

some dumb girl with dragons who can't decide who she wants inside of her, she's on the other side of the planet and has nothing to do with anything else in the series. lol xD

• edited November 2014

Uh well um... well you see... when a momma bird and a uhm... hmmm. Fuck it this is summary enough

Alt text

Alt text

• I agree completely.

Its funny because its true anyoneonthethronebutdany

• Butt-headButt-head Banned
    edited November 2014

Usually it's about sex. You will not get that from TTG so the game can be about anything.

• edited November 2014

Its about "Power" and the horrible things people will do to get it or keep it lol

• edited November 2014

Power, sex, incest, mythological creatures,being different,self-acceptace, hodor, forced marriage, there's a lot of topics in it , so i don't think i can summarize them all, but it's mostly about people who want power and rule over the seven kingdoms and all of the things i said before.

Also it's a mix between high and low fantasy.

• Hodor.

ps3gamer095 posted: »

Power, sex, incest, mythological creatures,being different,self-acceptace, hodor, forced marriage, there's a lot of topics in it , so i don'

• I was gonna do a summary but its just so complex, the world and lore takes enough as it is. I might try later though

• An overrated series about 5000+ characters all trying to cheat their way into the big iron throne that somehow appears to give you all the happiness in the world when you sit on it. The idiot woman eventually gets eaten by her dragons and the paraplegic kid wins the game by mindcontrolling said dragons and destroying the big iron throne of supreme happiness.

• Probably the best summary I've read so far.

An overrated series about 5000+ characters all trying to cheat their way into the big iron throne that somehow appears to give you all the h

• haters gonna hate lol

An overrated series about 5000+ characters all trying to cheat their way into the big iron throne that somehow appears to give you all the h

• Funny that a person with the name "Clem_is_awesome" calls anything overrated.

• edited November 2014

• Don't mind him, he's just against Telltale branching out to make different amazing games. What a douchebag

Funny that a person with the name "Clem_is_awesome" calls anything overrated.

• edited December 2014

Firewallcano posted a summary here: http://www.telltalegames.com/community/discussion/86655/game-of-thrones-summary-setting-and-lore

Also Telltale tends to be good at explaining the back story of games very well.

• Bewbbbbbbbbbbbs.

No, but in all seriousness Game of Thrones, AKA GOT, is one of the most complex, interesting, immersive and enjoyable fantasy series in all of time. Seven main houses attempt to take advantage of each other, whether that be through brute force or behind in the scenes with cunning and manipulative schemes. Kings clash, and storms of swords have left the seven kingdoms in mass chaos, with only an evil and cruel king and his twisted family holding it together. Crows feast, and in the East an exiled girl has hatched three dragons. Amidst the chaos, envoys have begun making their way to her to take her side. What they don't realize is when you dance with dragons you run the risk of getting burnt.

All in all, one thing is for sure--when you play the game of thrones, you win or you die. There is no middle ground.

• Thanks.

Firewallcano posted a summary here: http://www.telltalegames.com/community/discussion/86655/game-of-thrones-summary-setting-and-lore Also Telltale tends to be good at explaining the back story of games very well.

• The Game of Thrones is an epic tale taking place in the world of Westeros and Essos respectively. On Westeros several Houses fight for different things, but most prominently the Iron Throne, which grants you power over the Seven Kingdoms. The bigger Houses engage in this fight both politically and through force (armies etc.), while the smaller Houses simply fight to stay alive in a time of turmoil.

In the North a faction known as The Night's Watch are preparing for the inevitable invasion of mysterious beings known as White Walkers, who are a great threat to the rest of the world. It should be said however that many of the Southern Houses believe this to be superstition and are not taking it seriously.

On Essos, an exiled Princess of an extinct House are seeking vengeance and is building an army to conquor the Iron Throne. She learns however that ruling is much harder than she expected and that power can be unwieldy- especially if it comes in the form of dragons.

In Telltale Games' Game of Thrones, you are following House Forrester, which will inevitably be affected by these events in some way.

I hope this helps :)

Sign in to comment in this discussion.