Just when I think I'm out, they PULL ME BACK IN!

I love Telltale games. They're fun and clever and really are my kind of interactive narrative thing. But after The Wolf Among Us, I swore I was done with playing them episode by episode. "No no!" Said I. "The wait between episodes is horrible! It's not right at all! From now I'll sit quietly until a season is finished and then play it all over a week or two!"

For a number of their releases, this is quite easy. Walking Dead season 2 sits unplayed but complete on my steam account, ready for whenever I feel like it. Tales from Borderlands looks cool but I've never played a Borderlands game so it's not a high priority.

But Game of Thrones? Game of Thrones??!!! That amazing fantasy series that hasn't a new novel in years and likely won't for a few more? Oh Telltale, I think you've broken me. I don't want to wait 2 to 5 months between episodes again but I...I...I think Telltale has me in their grip again sob

As soon as episode 1 shows up I know I'll buy it and play it ASAP and I know it'll happen all over again. Oh sure, it'll be fun to discuss the current episode and speculate and what not. But the waiting, OH THE WAITING! How it will hurt to go through that once more...

Comments

• Well...If you compared the time George takes to write the books and Telltale making the episodes. Telltale's release would seem like a blink of an eye. :)

• Well, to pass the time, you could play some of the older TTGs. Back To The Future and Jurassic Park both offer hours of gameplay. And all their episodes are out, so you can enjoy yourself in that.

• Adding to what you said, I would also recommend the three seasons of Sam & Max for the OP and anyone who hasn't played them. It's actually quite the experience if you were first familiar with Telltale's newest projects(The Walking Dead and The Wolf Among Us) like me.

Well, to pass the time, you could play some of the older TTGs. Back To The Future and Jurassic Park both offer hours of gameplay. And all their episodes are out, so you can enjoy yourself in that.

• True, if they wait so much for the books, they can surely wait a couple of months for each episode

Well...If you compared the time George takes to write the books and Telltale making the episodes. Telltale's release would seem like a blink of an eye.

• Do I need to have played the original Lucasarts Sam and Max games in order to understand the Telltale versions? Or are they a totally separate thing?

Adding to what you said, I would also recommend the three seasons of Sam & Max for the OP and anyone who hasn't played them. It's actual

• I didn't have any problems understanding the Telltale version without playing the first games. Granted, there were some easter eggs and references throughout the game which I didn't get or understand at first, but everything was good after I did some research.

Rest assured, your experience shouldn't be affected because you didn't play the first games.

Do I need to have played the original Lucasarts Sam and Max games in order to understand the Telltale versions? Or are they a totally separate thing?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.