Wii - my only concern.

My only concern is that this is being developed as a wii game, I'm not a fan on Ninty's machine, and didn't play Strongbad on it, but I imagaine that Strongbad worked because of it's simple textures and small locations.
I'm not convinced that these restrictions will work for MI, I would feel much better if it was for Xbox or PS3.

Comments

• edited June 2009
    leChuckie wrote: »
    My only concern is that this is being developed as a wii game, I'm not a fan on Ninty's machine, and didn't play Strongbad on it, but I imagaine that Strongbad worked because of it's simple textures and small locations.
    I'm not convinced that these restrictions will work for MI, I would feel much better if it was for Xbox or PS3.

Well as for Wallace and Grommit and others the rendering engine can scale down, I have not played Sam and Max for the Wii but I assume it works out well, after all none of those games are really that demanding and dont really need the hd for running only for storing data (which the wii is fine).
    The same argument could be applied reverse, why the XBOX while the average PC hardware nowadays is more powerful, thats the beauty of 3d engines they can scale up and down :-)

I assume that an xbox version might be in the works since Telltale seems to have opted for the same control scheme as in Wallace and Grommit which is very gamepad centric.
  • edited June 2009
    Yeah, but WiiWare games have a 40MB limit. So each episode can only be 40 MB. I know Sam and Max Season One, each episode was around 75 MB.

(Sam and Max the whole first season was later released on a single Wii disc, so that wasn't forced to have the WiiWare limit).
  • edited June 2009
    Yeah, but WiiWare games have a 40MB limit. So each episode can only be 40 MB. I know Sam and Max Season One, each episode was around 75 MB.

(Sam and Max the whole first season was later released on a single Wii disc, so that wasn't forced to have the WiiWare limit).

That's horrible. 40MB is absolutely nothing. What an unacceptable limitation to put Monkey Island under.
  • edited June 2009
    On the other hand, those of use who have a Wii and don't have a credit card or money in their PayPal accounts are very grateful to be able to play it on the day of its release.
  • edited June 2009
    That's 40 MB, compressed for the download, or so I believe. So when installed the game can be bigger than 40MB.

Also, with the new SD card option for Wiiware games, I'd expect the filesize limit to be increased soon.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.