Are we getting the TV show voice actors?

I am so happy to see Cersei, Tyrion and Margery in the supposed leaked photos, but something that has been bothering me is whether we'll get the HBO voice actors for the show. I know the game is tied in with the show and really hope they do. It'll feel unnatural with anyone else.

Comments

• Tyrion is NOT Tyrion without his handsome voice. It just belongs to him.

• If we've got their likeness, I don't see any reason for the actors to not lend their voices. (Unless budget/time constraints is a problem, but I doubt it.)

• edited November 2014

Based on the leaked pics

Telltale has either got the original cast to come back and voice their characters or they have found some incredible voice actors that can sound like the orignal cast lol

• I cannot imagine TTG putting lead characters in the game and then not to cast original actors for voiceovers. I mean if they wouldnt be able to pay them off or just get to them, it would be very easy just to avoid seeing them in the game. Avoid the embarassment of Tyrion having different voice.

So for me Tyrion pic = Tyrion voice. Otherwise it's a major fail on TTG side.

Cheers.

• budget might be it...but hoping for the actors and actresses to fill in their voices. Will make the game more insightful and involving.

Rob_K posted: »

If we've got their likeness, I don't see any reason for the actors to not lend their voices. (Unless budget/time constraints is a problem, but I doubt it.)

• Yep. I mentioned time restraints, however, in case the actors themselves were too busy.

But I honestly don't think we have anything to worry about. I'd be 'very' surprised if we don't have the proper voice actors. One thing, however, I'm not sure whether people should expect the characters from the show to play a big part. Really, depends on multiple things, but the main I'm thinking this is because the game's going to be considered canon to the tv show I believe. So, there's a lot more freedom if those characters don't feature heavily in my view.

kido95 posted: »

budget might be it...but hoping for the actors and actresses to fill in their voices. Will make the game more insightful and involving.

• I doubt the Show characters will have big parts because they're already in the show. I can see Peter Dinklage reprising his role of Tyrion because he's already voice-acted in Destiny, plus the actors likely all gave permission for their likenesses to be used.

• I guess they will have their individual VAs, but they just play very minor roles. Kind of like Michael Madsen was cut short after only 2 Episodes.

Of course the game is canon, so they can't kill off any major characters. But rather let them appear only for very short time periods.

• I agree. And anyway just one small moment with characters like Cersei or Tyrion can have a suprisingly big influence to our story. Just has to be made so that it doesn't change their story and that really shouldn't be hard to accomplish.

Rob_K posted: »

Yep. I mentioned time restraints, however, in case the actors themselves were too busy. But I honestly don't think we have anything to wo

• Agreed.

I agree. And anyway just one small moment with characters like Cersei or Tyrion can have a suprisingly big influence to our story. Just has to be made so that it doesn't change their story and that really shouldn't be hard to accomplish.

• Since TTG has deep cooperation with HBO I would be sad if that wasn't the case.

• That'd be sweet, considering Telltale is working with HBO on it.

• I think Telltale has to tread very lightly. Considering pretty much all the budget for Destiny was just to make sure that Peter Dinklage would play a role in it.

In all seriousness, I think they will make brief appearances in the first two episodes or something like that. And considering that Telltale is working with HBO on it...I'd say the chances of that happening are quite high. We don't a have a reason to think otherwise,yet.

• Hopefully. But I'm thinking it would cost Telltale quite a bit of money to get them, considering that the actors get paid pretty well for being in the TV series.

• Telltale has an agreement with HBO so... Why not?

• They might just have us in scenes where we see a scene from the show. So they just reuse the voices maybe. I dont know

• ArthurVArthurV Telltale Alumni

Yes.

• It was Cerseis voice in the trailer, correct?

• Yes.

Davisx3m posted: »

It was Cerseis voice in the trailer, correct?

• Heck yeah. And her voice is oh so awesome. :D

Davisx3m posted: »

It was Cerseis voice in the trailer, correct?

• They did that in Back to the Future and it didn't go off too bad.

I cannot imagine TTG putting lead characters in the game and then not to cast original actors for voiceovers. I mean if they wouldnt be able

• That sounds out of Telltale's budget. But it would be totally weird not having the actors voice their characters who have the same likeness to them.

• If the trailer was any indication then the TV actors will play some role in the game. I wouldn't expect them to have a huge role in the game due to budget constraints, but it seems pretty clear the TV actors will have some presence.

• edited November 2014

I'm sure that HBO is behind the budget for the actors from the TV show. So maybe the TV actors would have a major impact on the story......hopefully

• edited November 2014

Dunno how big their roles will be, but yes they are utilizing the same actors from the show.

• If you read the official FAQ page on the Games of Thrones game page they confirmed an average of 2 hours plus all actors made the decision to reprise their roles to be in the game

Sign in to comment in this discussion.