Suddenly... Spanish???

Episode 5 during the scene where Bigby meets the Crooked man in the foundry after defeating Bloody Mary, the choices suddenly switch to spanish.... My Spanish is rusty/non-existant, so the choices pretty much mean nothing to me, and I don't want to have to have to do the entire scene over again. I don't get it, spanish isn't even an option... in the settings. I know I'm not the first or only person with this issue on Xbox 360.

*re-posting this from general support to 360 support

Comments

• Hey, this happened to me too! Then in the next scene with the Crooked Man's "trial" everything went back to English. Did you ever find a resolution or reason for this? Or just a bug?

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff

I apologize for the inconvenience. We are currently looking into the cause of this issue. As for now, please try resetting your console, and rewinding one or two scenes in Episode 5, and the language should switch back to English.

• I had the same issue. And now while the choices are back to English, the descriptions (Snow will remember this) are in German. Wtf?

Unfortunately we are still looking into the root cause of this issue, and the workaround is to rewind to the point before you began experiencing the issue, and then replay from there. Please also try resetting your console before attempting to rewind.

jdubbs871 posted: »

I had the same issue. And now while the choices are back to English, the descriptions (Snow will remember this) are in German. Wtf?

• Yes. It is still happening. Xbox 360 digital copy. Why not patch this? Spanish is not even an option in the settings. Loved the game. I mean the style and everything. and bugs happen.
    But when a game breaking bug is not fixed.. it makes me wonder about whether they care about their post buying customers. Makes me think that they could care less cause they already have my money. oh wait. That is exactly what is going on. You wouldnt inform me of the bug, and tell me you had no plans to fix it, then try to sell me the game.
    Err. I just hate it that a technical bug that could have been patched ages ago has, is, and will continue to ruin players experience to such a wonderful game.
    Shame on tell-tale. Not the creative minds or the hard working programmers, but shame on corporate tell-tale that's undermining all their hard work and comprising the names integrity.

• It just happens to me now so it still hasn't been fixed.

Can you please clarify if you are at the Crooked Man scene in Episode 5 when the language changes for you? Also if you rewind and replay through that scene, does the language switch back to English after those few lines play in another language?

Zero439 posted: »

It just happens to me now so it still hasn't been fixed.

• During the Crooked man Scene after you fight Bloody Mary, sometimes the Choices change to Spanish but exiting and replaying fixes it. But after he asks "What are you doing this for" the text "The crooked man will remember that" changes to German and nothing fixes it.

Can you please clarify if you are at the Crooked Man scene in Episode 5 when the language changes for you? Also if you rewind and replay through that scene, does the language switch back to English after those few lines play in another language?

Thank you for providing the extra information. I will make sure to pass it along to the team!

• Just happened to me, episode 5 about to battle Crane and bam! Spanish! Can't understand what decision options are available and as it happens at such an integral part of the game. It really ruins the experience. Pretty shit.

My sincere apologies, can you please clarify if every dialogue after that point is in Spanish, or if it changes back to English after that scene? Also, have you tried rewinding to the previous chapter/checkpoint in the game, and see if the language then shows correctly in English?

• edited April 2015

Same exact thing happened to me. Your workaround fixed the speech options but then the notifications changed to German. I love the game but this was disappointing.

My sincere apologies, can you please clarify if every dialogue after that point is in Spanish, or if it changes back to English after that s

• Also having spanish choices, just downloaded game on xbox live this week, With season pass. Awesome games by the way.

• It is May 2015 and I JUST purchased the season pass YESTERDAY. There is absolutely NO REASON this problem hasn't been fixed yet. I love TTG products, but this is just problematic enough to possibly put a stop to me spending any more of my money on TTG. As a disabled consumer, I don't have a lot to look forward to, so when something like this happens, and I see that the consumer has been getting the run around for this long without a fix, it doesn't please me, to say the least. Wtf Telltale games? How can you make this right? (And for the record yes, this problem is identical to the others.)

Unfortunately at this time we have not announced plans to update the game at this time. Please note that you should be able to rewind to the last chapter/checkpoint, replay through that part of the episode, and the text/subtitles should switch back to English after those few Spanish lines.

It is May 2015 and I JUST purchased the season pass YESTERDAY. There is absolutely NO REASON this problem hasn't been fixed yet. I love TTG

This discussion has been closed.