Hype...?

hi everyone i'm back but there's probably no one that remembers me

Anyway, I'm just not really feeling the hype for this game. Don't get me wrong, I 'm excited and I'm sure it'll be great but excited is as far as it goes; it's not like i'm dying to play the game or anything.

Does anyone else feel this way? It feels to me like I know it will be good but I'm not anxious waiting for the game, whereas with The Walking Dead I was literally counting the days until Season 2 came out.

Comments

• If anything, that's a good thing.

Getting really hyped for something typically results in not having an amazing fantastic experience. Playing something you're only a little interested in and then being blown away is the best way to play games.

• Hmm, I suppose you're right. Hopefully the game is good enough to do just that.

Trentest0 posted: »

If anything, that's a good thing. Getting really hyped for something typically results in not having an amazing fantastic experience. Playing something you're only a little interested in and then being blown away is the best way to play games.

• Well, if you've never played the Borderlands games before, I can totally understand why you don't feel very hyped. I remember when The Wolf Among/The Walking Dead first came out, I had no interest because these were both franchises that I knew nothing about. I just so happened to check them out anyway and I'm really glad I did because I loved them both!

On the other hand, I've played Borderlands 2 and The Pre Sequel, so this is a universe that I already love and understand. So I'm really hyped!

• People that are fans of Borderland games may be on the fence for this one, because it's not a FPS shoot and loot. We know that Telltale can write a good story, but some here may not be a fan of the Borderlands series since Telltale and Gearbox make two different types of games. Until it comes out and the word spread on how good it is, it will be flying under the radar. Plus their is a lot of AAA games coming out around now.

• Thanks for sharing your opinion I guess...

TWD S3 isn't coming for a while, there's no news on TWAU...I'm hyped for this..

• The hype for this game is shrinking now with a lot of awesome news about Game of Thrones. I will play Tales from the Borderlands, but the hype isnt as strong as before. They should have released the game last tuesday (18th november).

• Hey Martin, yeah I remember you. How ya doing?

Anyway, I understand what you mean. I'm sorta the same way myself. (Though I must admit, I do have a little bit of hype, but, not overly so.)
    As Trentest0 said, its best to be blown away by a game. I was like that with TWAU. At first, I thought "Meh, this isn't that good" But I stuck with it and now its one of my favourite Telltale games. :)

• edited November 2014

Not me....I'm fucking stoked!

Alt text

• I'm so Gunther right now.

Not me....I'm fucking stoked!

• The first trailer of Tales from the Borderlands got way more views than the first trailer for The Wolf Among Us trailer did

The first wolf among us teaser got 100,516 views in month of October 2013 and second trailer took a several months to get to 398,179 views

the First trailer for tales from the borderlands got 326,010 views in a couple of days lol

based on the evidence tales has more hype than wolf among us and less than walking dead

• edited November 2014

At first, I was very leery about what Telltale was going to do with the series. Especially when it concerns something from the FPS 'shoot 'n loot' genre.

However, when the screenshots and the actual gameplay trailer came along, I was persuaded that this is going to be an awesome game! I'm interested to see how Borderlands will play out as a story-driven game anyway.

• Honestly, I'm still pissed that there are people out there who already got to play half an hour of it,
    and we never even got a video of one of those playthroughs.
    As someone who lives halfway round the globe from any of those conventions,
    it's really hard not to feel treated as a lesser being.

Anyway, as soon as they put it on the telltale store, I'm there,
    but until then I'll bitch and complain. :P
    Mostly in the privacy of my own home, though.

• guys

I was so wrong.

• Believe me, so was I. I only just started to get hyped when I saw the trailer. But after playing it? My god. The hype is through the roof now!

guys I was so wrong.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.