just want to talk about how great season 3 is

hey guys, i just finished sam & max s3 for the first time since its release and...well, i just wanted to talk about how great it is. i figured this is the best and maybe only place on the internet to do that. my friends generally don't have the patience to sit down with adventure games, so i'm stuck with these amazing plot and narrative devices, motifs, scenes, and moods all to myself. i honestly think with its tightly tied-together story and exposition hidden under absurd humor, its super eeriness and tongue firmly in its cheek, it's one of the best storytelling experiences i've ever had of any format. i think i was thrown off a little at the beginning that it was so creepy instead of just "wacky" but that turned out to be one of the main reasons why i love it. all this stuff stuck with me over the past 4+ years and it all held up on go-through #2. i think i would say best adventure game ever, and i was playing them during the "golden age."

Comments

• Welcome to the beauty that is Sam & Max! If Season 3 is your first outing of the series. I highly recommend you play Season 1 and 2 as they are just as brilliant as Season 3. :)

• oh no, didn't want to imply that. i've been playing since hit the road and played the telltale seasons as they came out. just replayed s3 and was really happy with how it held up. on a re-play through, you really get all the foreshadowing they give you on random jokes and the future vision.

Welcome to the beauty that is Sam & Max! If Season 3 is your first outing of the series. I highly recommend you play Season 1 and 2 as they are just as brilliant as Season 3.

• edited November 2014

My bad. What I meant to say was hello long time veteran! Let's cross are fingers one day for a continuation for this wonderful series.

Alt text

oh no, didn't want to imply that. i've been playing since hit the road and played the telltale seasons as they came out. just replayed s3

• Devil's Playhouse really was some of Telltale's finest work. It had a superb blend of story and puzzles that actually contributed to the story instead of acting as an aside for player interaction.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.