Release date is confirmed for December 2! Mod edit: Not Official Source

bigbaadwolfbigbaadwolf Banned
edited November 2014 in Game Of Thrones

According to Steam's Upcoming Releases chronological order, Game of Thrones EP1 is due out on December 2!

EDIT: You can see Steam's upcoming release order here chronologically. It's obvious GoT is due out on the 2nd, barring any last minute hiccups (unlikely since the premier would be ready for a while before release). http://store.steampowered.com/search/?filter=comingsoon&os=win

Comments

• Yeah I read it too yesturday.Tales from the borderlands on steam was set for 25 november 2014. I hope these are the release dates. :)

• I never believe release dates unless I hear it directly from the developers or publisher.

• Where do you guys see this? All I see is December 2014.

• edited November 2014

They deleted the exact date both for Game of thrones and tales from the borderlands. Now it only shows the month but the first few hours they put the games on steam it wrote these dates - 25 november borderlands and 2 december GoT. Both dates are on tuesday so I think this is legit, why would steam put them then?

tauer posted: »

Where do you guys see this? All I see is December 2014.

• edited November 2014

Likely they changed it because the release date is not set in stone yet.

Might still make it for those dates, but I wouldn't get my hopes up. Usually Telltale announces the release date almost a week before, but we haven't heard anything about Borderlands yet. I doubt they'll announce a 25th release date on the 24th. Hope I'm wrong though.

FetchWalker posted: »

They deleted the exact date both for Game of thrones and tales from the borderlands. Now it only shows the month but the first few hours the

• I heard that TWD S2 got its release date the day before it came out.

Likely they changed it because the release date is not set in stone yet. Might still make it for those dates, but I wouldn't get my hopes

• I still think that Tales from the Borderlands will release 25th of november and Game of Thrones on 2nd december. Atleast I hope so. ^^

• Actually, we know the world premiere of Tales is on Monday (some kind of live stream or something I don't know). Look on the Blog for more info.

I'm fairly sure they won't wait another week after that to release the full game. It sounded to me like this live play will be one day before the release.

Likely they changed it because the release date is not set in stone yet. Might still make it for those dates, but I wouldn't get my hopes

• Not confirmed. They probably tentatively have it set for Dec. 2, but there could be delays (ie, console certification). You never know with Telltale until they officially say something.

• As much as I would like that, I'd rather wait to hear it from Telltale's blog or Twitter first..

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

Until it gets officially confirmed by Telltale it's not an official release date, sometimes Steam will have a placeholder date which could change but as Christmas is coming up i don't think it will be any later than December 16th due to the 23rd being a bit too close to Christmas day.

That's just my guess as i don't work for Telltale and as they normally release on a Tuesday it could be Dec 2nd 9th or 16th.

• Just curious, how is this not official? http://store.steampowered.com/search/?filter=comingsoon&os=win

If they weren't certain or wanted a "surprise" release, they would have set a much later tentative date.

I don't know, the way I see it, 2nd of December is the official date they are going with, barring some last minute hiccups. Given that this is the first episode, they more than most likely have it ready right now and it would have been certified for consoles as well. Just my opinion.

OzzyUK posted: »

Until it gets officially confirmed by Telltale it's not an official release date, sometimes Steam will have a placeholder date which could c

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

Because Telltale themselves didn't publish it, once they announce it on their twitter, facebook and blog it then becomes official.

The December date does seem likely but until it gets confirmed it is only speculation and unforseen delays can sometimes happen.

bigbaadwolf posted: »

Just curious, how is this not official? http://store.steampowered.com/search/?filter=comingsoon&os=win If they weren't certain or wan

Sign in to comment in this discussion.