Crashes on startup on EP5

I've played all the way to episode 5 on my ipad mini 2, and now the game crashes on startup every time. If I'm in airplane mode, it crashes right after the title screen. If I'm not in airplane mode, I see the "connecting..." spinner first, and then it crashes.
I've tried closing every other app, I've tried turning the ipad on and off for 3 minutes, and I've tried turning wifi on and off.
The next advice seems to be uninstalling and redownloading the game, but I don't want to lose four acts of progress again. Is there anything else I can try? Or some way to preserve my savegame across the reinstall?

Comments

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff

You can also try re-downloading the individual episode by deleting and re-downloading it from in-app. To do this, tap Settings, then Downloads, then tap the Episode Number you wish to uninstall, and tap OK. Then reinstall the episode, and see if you are then able to successfully play. (Make sure you have closed any applications running in the background.)

• I would love to do that, but I can't get to settings.
    It goes
    headphones -> WB logo > TWAU > "tap the screen to begin" > crash

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff

I apologize for the inconvenience, unfortunately if you are unable to get into the game application after closing all background applications, the only other option would be to delete and re-download the game application. Again, my apologies for any difficulties this may cause you.

Yostage posted: »

I would love to do that, but I can't get to settings. It goes headphones -> WB logo > TWAU > "tap the screen to begin" > crash

This discussion has been closed.