What's with all the complaining?

Comments

• edited June 2009
    What's the point in giving the game a try first, when you already know what the controls are like? Won't they be very similar to those in W&G?

And how do you know the people who dislike the controls is such a small minority? There's no real way to find out for sure. You can't find out by looking at sales, because a lot of people that dislike the controls will buy the games anyway, just because they love Monkey Island.

Besides, as I already said, it's to be expected. This is a much bigger issue than mediocre audio quality. If you don't expect bitterness when changing a beloved series like this, you can't have spent too much time on various gaming related forums.
  • edited June 2009
    Armakuni wrote: »
    If you don't expect bitterness when changing a beloved series like this, you can't have spent too much time on various gaming related forums.

hahahaha.
  • edited June 2009
    If you don't expect bitterness when FILL IN THE BLANKS like this, you can't have spent too much time on various FILL IN THE BLANKS related forums.

I think that is a more general rule.
  • Ry GuyRy Guy Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2009
    If we could and had the art resources, i would have loved to have made the game in 2d! Lots of drawing, but it would have been great. As per design decisions, everyone is entitled to their opinions. I could never really envision a realistic guybrush, i see the stills and upclose shots of him and am kind of off put by that. Not a fan of realism and that uncanny valley aspect. Me personally, i like caricatures and stylization, so there's a lot of that in the game. Regardless, its a real fun project and should be a great game! I should know, i'm a doctor!
  • edited June 2009
    What's the point in giving the game a try first, when you already know what the controls are like? Won't they be very similar to those in W&G?

Hey can you keep your complaints about the controls in the other thread.. This is my happy place where I can enjoy the moment of a new Monkey Island being made :p
  • edited June 2009
    So in other words... you're complaining about me complaining about people complaining about complainers :eek::p
  • edited June 2009
    As long as you understand that sentence.... Sure!
  • edited June 2009
    On the subject of 3D...any true MI fan would know that The Secret of Monkey Island is a full three-dimensional game. As per the included documentation.

Oh, wait, you meant 3D graphics? Well let's see, we've got width, height, and depth. Yup! You notice how Guybrush gets smaller as he walks into the distance? That's the third dimension.

Really, I understand the desire for it to "feel" like the old games did...but does 3D graphics really destroy the game for so many people? Honestly? I just don't understand this...
  • edited June 2009
    You're pretty much changing what people mean by '3D' in that post.

But yeah, graphics don't mean that much to me, I'm sure it can still be awesome in 3D (I do prefer 2D graphics, but that doesn't stop me from playing a game just because the graphics aren't as 'pretty' as I would like :p).
  • edited June 2009
    I just want to say one thing: I had the Telltale alert, read the subject, and had my credit card ready at hand.
    All the games I've seen so far (all the Sam & Max series and the Strong Bad one) are awesome. So I trust that Telltale will keep it up and exceed the expectations even with this ones.
    Well done Telltale!!!!
  • edited June 2009
    Oh, wait, you meant 3D graphics? Well let's see, we've got width, height, and depth. Yup! You notice how Guybrush gets smaller as he walks into the distance? That's the third dimension.

Really, I understand the desire for it to "feel" like the old games did...but does 3D graphics really destroy the game for so many people? Honestly? I just don't understand this...

I got used to 3D adventures, so it's fine to me, although I always prefer 2D.
    But telling that giving the illusion of a third dimension by scaling a 2D sprite is 3D seems just provocative to me. You know it isn't true. That's a 2D game. Period.
  • edited June 2009
    You know it isn't true. That's a 2D game. Period.

That may be correct. but until today there havn't been many 3D adventures then. Most of them are in 3D but you still cannot move the camera freely.

The only ones that come to my mind spontaneously are: Penumbra and Myst 4 and 5.
  • edited June 2009
    First tome postin'; longtime fan...
    All you complainers (and rude HATERS i particular), allow me offer you some food for thought...
    I'm going to assume you were kids when you played the first MI, and that you have a very strong attachment to the series. Its understandable, and if thats the case, I have news for you... this new series will not compare favourably. Because nothing could ever replace you childhood memories... and you know what?.... Telltale aren't making this game as a special gift for you and you alone, they are making it for the new generation! Thats why lucas are remaking the original game, they hope to create a new fanbase. You have to look forward, move with the times. I played CMI before either MI1 or MI2, and i thought it was better in every single way. Take THAT, purists! Stop living in the past, get married or find a job or something. The old games are there, nobody is taking them away! Leave the professionals do their job, and be thankfull for what you get, cause it may be more than you deserve.
  • edited June 2009
    Romanito wrote: »
    First tome postin'; longtime fan...
    All you complainers (and rude HATERS i particular), allow me offer you some food for thought...
    I'm going to assume you were kids when you played the first MI, and that you have a very strong attachment to the series. Its understandable, and if thats the case, I have news for you... this new series will not compare favourably. Because nothing could ever replace you childhood memories... and you know what?.... Telltale aren't making this game as a special gift for you and you alone, they are making it for the new generation! Thats why lucas are remaking the original game, they hope to create a new fanbase. You have to look forward, move with the times. I played CMI before either MI1 or MI2, and i thought it was better in every single way. Take THAT, purists! Stop living in the past, get married or find a job or something. The old games are there, nobody is taking them away! Leave the professionals do their job, and be thankfull for what you get, cause it may be more than you deserve.

You said it all. :)
    I love all the Monkey Island games (1 and 2 because when I played there they were top-notch games with witty houmour, 3 because it made me think of how a MI cartoon should be, 4 because of the "time" puzzle in the lagoon:P).
    I remember the same kind of disappointment when MI3 came out, and when MI4 came out as well. Probably less than now because when MI3 was out there weren't so many internet users so all the feedback was form my friends.
  • edited June 2009
    Romanito wrote: »
    I'm going to assume you were kids when you played the first MI, and that you have a very strong attachment to the series. Its understandable, and if thats the case, I have news for you... this new series will not compare favourably.
    Obviously. I don't think many people expect the new games to better than the old ones :eek:
    Because nothing could ever replace you childhood memories... and you know what?.... Telltale aren't making this game as a special gift for you and you alone, they are making it for the new generation!
    A big part of the new generation are spoiled, little brats :D That's the problem with gaming these days, the way they need to have such wide appeal and be dumbed down so much. I'm not saying anything about Telltale games here, I think those are great. I'm just saying, in general.
    It's hard to find a new mainstream game requiring as much thought as they used to. Games tend to focus on instant gratification these days.
    I played CMI before either MI1 or MI2, and i thought it was better in every single way. Take THAT, purists!
    That's subjective. If your point is that the only reason people prefer the older games is they played those first, when they were young... I think you're mistaken. It might be like that for some people, but I doubt this makes up the majority.
    MI3 is a good game, though.
    Stop living in the past, get married or find a job or something.
    :rolleyes: If you're complaining about complainers being rude, it might be a good idea not to be rude yourself.
    and be thankfull for what you get, cause it may be more than you deserve.
    :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Anyway, I do appreciate Telltale making more Monkey Island games.
    I'm sure they'll be very good and I do agree the complaining is going overboard.
  • edited June 2009
    That's subjective. If your point is that the only reason people prefer the older games is they played those first, when they were young... I think you're mistaken. It might be like that for some people, but I doubt this makes up the majority.
    MI3 is a good game, though.

I honestly think the series evolved and got better with time. EMI had some great writing; and i'll admit it went nuts by the end, but it went nuts in such a spectacular fashion, I couldn't help but enjoy myself. :D

Of course we all have our own views, thats how its supposed to be. I hope some 10 year old plays Tales and becomes a fan with the same intensity as I did when I first played CMI. I'm 20, i think ill live no matter what the new MI turns out to be (and i think its going to be good). Its the mentality of some people, much older than me, who seem to live for these games, that annoys me. I guess I have a problem with extreme fandom :o
  • edited June 2009
    I understand what you're saying, and I have no doubt these new games will be good.
    However, I have to disagree the series got better over time... unless you're talking about Monkey Island 2 :D
    My only complaint is the controls, but I've posted enough about that in another thread.
  • edited June 2009
    I understand what you're saying, and I have no doubt these new games will be good.
    However, I have to disagree the series got better over time... unless you're talking about Monkey Island 2 :D

Hahahahha, now we are going around in circles!
  • edited June 2009
    The problem is people should not blindly support TTG just because they are releasing a MI game.

We have valid concerns and should be able to state them. When we do, others jump down our throats and say we are anti TTG. If we were anti-TTG we would not be here.

The main problem is TTG quality has seemed to slide with W&G and we don't want to see that happen with MI.

First quality issue is obviously the controls. The new system does not do a good job of easily controlling the character from a single type of control, be it mouse, joystick or gamepad.

Second quality issue is the amount of bugs in W&G. They are so obvious even on basic game play that TTG knew they were there and just put out the game to meet a deadline.

Am I happy about seeing a new MI game. Of Course. But I fear it may be rushed out the door with poorly working controls and full of bugs just like W&G.

S&M had minor bugs that you had to look for. But all in all, it was a highly polished game from the start. W&G has great gameplay and I found both episodes enjoyable. But it is no where near a highly finished product. If TTG keeps rushing their releases to meet deadlines, things are going to go downhill fast. TTG is not big on releasing patches, because it does not fit in their schedule.

So in closing, I will probably end up buying MI. I need to play a demo first. Hopefully it will be released before the release date.

I am hoping for the best, but I am fearing the worst.
  • edited June 2009
    Derrick wrote: »
    The problem is people should not blindly support TTG just because they are releasing a MI game.

I'm not blindly supporting TTG due to MI. I'm blindly supporting them due to the two Sam and Max seasons and the two W&G games this far. They'll have to seriously disappoint me before I even consider not to support them blindly any more ;)
  • edited June 2009
    I totally agree with this. Every other post I've seen after this announcement has been something like, "Is Ron Gilbert involved??" He doesn't do Monkey Island anymore, deal.

If you ask me, the first SOMI felt more like Tim Schafer, and the third game didn't involve Ron at all... So I have no idea why people are upset that he's not more involved.

Ron seems to have played up the fact that it was "his" game, but it was a collaboration, like all LucasArt's games. He's also helped permeate this stupid myth that there actually IS a "secret" of Monkey Island and that he had a sequel "planned" to MI2. It's all obviously nonsense, and some people have taken it all a bit TOO seriously.

Whatever TTG gives me in terms of MI, I will absolutely love and enjoy.
  • edited June 2009
    some people just take monkey island less seriously than others do. i think that seriousness is a good thing. i consider myself as big a fan as there ever could be, and that's why i voice concerns where i feel it's going on the wrong track.

as far as ron gilbert, that's not nonsense. the first 2 have a perfectly laid out story that is very clearly designed. and then 3 and 4 sort of go off the rails. people don't like their favorite stories cluttered up with non-canonical stuff. it's like if a Star Wars movie came out and George Lucas had nothing to do with the plot, and then it changed the point. i love all the Monkey Island games, but the first two are undeniable and I've never really considered the other two to be truly official, though still not illegitimate. the desire for a Ron Gilbert official monkey island to return is a legitimate one. don't castigate people for merely being bigger fans than you.
  • edited June 2009
    RockNRoll wrote: »
    the first two are undeniable and I've never really considered the other two to be truly official, though still not illegitimate.

Amen, brother. Amen.
  • edited June 2009
    was shocked more than anything when I heard that there was not only going to be a series.. but also a remake of the 1st one. I was beginning to lose hope that there would be another monkey island... was eagarly awaiting lucasarts to make another one for so long... makes me so happy that telltale got the license to make a series...it's like a dream come true.
  • edited June 2009
    If we're all still dreaming, I hope no one wakes me up. The fact that we only have to wait a month to play the game just makes the news all that sweeter
  • edited June 2009
    I don't understand all the complaining either. Telltale is nice enough to provide us forums that are read by the devs - if you have a suggestion, state it nicely, move on - they're listening.

Going on for 50 pages and 20 threads about some aspect of the game you don't like isn't going to do anything but make you sound like a donkey, and it's certainly not going to get your point across more. It's obvious that Telltale cares about the user experience - trust them to make the best decision. At the end of the day, if you really can't deal with an aspect of the game, then don't buy it.
  • edited June 2009
    Telltale is awesome and have yet to disappoint me. With each game series they just keep getting better. The only serious nitpick I have with their games is the compression on speech, but it's not enough of a problem for me to not still enjoy their games immensely. Even if the speech compression issue persists with Monkey Island, which I will not be surprised if it did, I have nothing but huge support all the way for them. Guybrush Threepwood's new adventure is in very capable hands, and I can't wait to see what unfolds.
  • edited June 2009
    I don't think that complaining is such a bad thing. It keeps the designers in check; could you imagine a gaming industry without any fan feedback? Game developers would run amock! :-) Seriously though, I complain because I love.

HOWEVER, at some point I grew up and realized that game designers are people too, and there's got to be a tipping point where they've read enough thoughtless fanboy complaints they finally just go "why do I bother". They didn't *have* to create a new Monkey Island game; there are other directions they could go. Don't underestimate the value of encouraging comments -- yet as an MI fan, you still need to provide feedback about the direction the game is giong in.

The solution is to accompany complaints with constructive suggestions, and liberal amounts of grattitude and praise. Of course some people just want to hate, which is why devs need to have a pretty thick skin.
  • edited June 2009
    Complaining is good...but I don't see the point in complaining until you've actually given what you're complaining about a chance. So nobody should be complaining until they've actually played the demo.

Another thing not many seem to realize is that this new Monkey Island isn't JUST for the classic fanbase of the series. They've got to try to reel newer gamers in as well. How else will adventures become huge again? Yes, Monkey Island is something special to older fans, but without a big change in style for CMI a lot of people would have never even known about Monkey Island in the first place. A lot of people here haven't even played the first two games but love Monkey Island because of CMI and (dare I say it) EMI. The old games will always be there so I don't mind a little bit of change to get some new fans as well. And all the while keeping the essence of Monkey Island very much intact.
  • edited June 2009
    Complaining is good...but I don't see the point in complaining until you've actually given what you're complaining about a chance. So nobody should be complaining until they've actually played the demo.

Another thing not many seem to realize is that this new Monkey Island isn't JUST for the classic fanbase of the series. They've got to try to reel newer gamers in as well. How else will adventures become huge again? Yes, Monkey Island is something special to older fans, but without a big change in style for CMI a lot of people would have never even known about Monkey Island in the first place. A lot of people here haven't even played the first two games but love Monkey Island because of CMI and (dare I say it) EMI. The old games will always be there so I don't mind a little bit of change to get some new fans as well. And all the while keeping the essence of Monkey Island very much intact.

I disagree with one thing; I think it's okay to make comments and observations about screenshots that are released during development, because it's often not too late to change something that's going off-track. After the game is released though, it's too late!

If devs aren't looking for ideas and constructive critticism, they'll just ignore those emails anyway. So no harm in voicing opinions based on screenshots and "in-development" videos -- as long as, like I say, they are accompanied by some positive feedback as well (i.e. not just 'pre-hating').
  • edited June 2009
    I got used to 3D adventures, so it's fine to me, although I always prefer 2D.
    But telling that giving the illusion of a third dimension by scaling a 2D sprite is 3D seems just provocative to me. You know it isn't true. That's a 2D game. Period.

There's this amazing invention that I've just come up with. I call it, SARCASM. :p

However, per the documentation, The Secret of Monkey Island is a full three-dimensional game.

Edit: Excerpted from The Secret Of Monkey Island CD Cover:

"Eye-gouging 3-D graphics in 256-color VGA. Proportionally scaled animated characters and cinematic pans and camera angles."
  • edited June 2009
    I guess it depends on what you define as complaining. I think "constructive criticism" is better, because it implies "Hey, there are some issues with what I see, here's my suggestion, do with it as you will" as opposed to complaining, which to me implies more "This sucks, you should do it this way, and I'm going to keep moaning about it for 30 threads and threatening not to buy any TTG games again," which is childish.
  • edited June 2009
    I think it's a shame because I'm frankly elated by how this is turning out.

I think the reason behind most complaints (not constructive criticism) is rather obvious though; it's not the Monkey Island that someone else wanted, and everyone wants their ideal. For some people, the MI to turn into a series might be the more Tim Schafer-ish Secret of Monkey Island, or the later Curse of Monkey Island.

Everyone is going to have their own ideal, should it be a visually better Escape from Monkey Island? Should it be 2D and like CMI, sort of a CMI 2? Should it go from the Secret of Monkey Island and be set just afte that game and before the second? What should the feel of the game be like, which should it be based upon?

The end result is that it's a very MI 2-ish Monkey Island but done in a slightly more cartoonish style, using that as the basis for the Tales. Now that's my ideal, but I'm empathic to those who want a different Monkey Island because, and let's be honest, there's a great amount of disparity between the games.

SoMI: The first Monkey Island, featuring a naive kid and a very innocent style of humour, which gives it a distinctly Schafer feel (as another pointed out).

LR: The second Monkey Island, sporting a visual design and building on the original, but featuring a different, and more dry and sometimes even intellectual sense of humour. Also portraying a much more competent Guybrush.

CMI: A visit to SoMI, but with a completely different (90's cartoon) style, but still trying to shoot for that Schafer-like feel. This would be the dream sequel for people whose favourite game was SoMI up until the release of CMI, at least if they liked the art style.

EMI: A 3D take on the art style of CMI, but with a more original approach and a more dry approach to the humour (though not quite so much as MI 2). There was a huge mish-mash of elements in this game, and it sort of forgot it was a piratey game in the process, but good nonetheless.

Each one of these games seems surprisingly different from the next, and Telltale had to pick one or two as their inspiration, as a point to build from. Every person out there is going to be routing for their favourite approach, and it's not surprising if they're disappointed by the choice.

It's the right choice for me, but for everyone? No. And I do empathise, but I hope they'll be able to enjoy TMI nonetheless.
  • edited June 2009
    Megaboz wrote: »
    I guess it depends on what you define as complaining. I think "constructive criticism" is better, because it implies "Hey, there are some issues with what I see, here's my suggestion, do with it as you will" as opposed to complaining, which to me implies more "This sucks, you should do it this way, and I'm going to keep moaning about it for 30 threads and threatening not to buy any TTG games again," which is childish.

Yes, "constructive criticism" is what I'm talking about. So much better than just plain criticism, which often comes accross as hating (and often *is* nothing more than hating).

But one thing I dislike even more than haters, are people who are constantly trying to stop people from criticizing at all! They act as though everything's rosey and that only good things should ever be said in the forums. I know people like this in real-life, and they are not the type of people you want as your drinking buddies. :) These people like to police the forums, and accuse everybody of hating. It's quite annoying.
  • edited June 2009
    I'm extremely happy! Am looking forward to absolutely everything! Nothing can rob me of this moment!
  • edited June 2009
    Well I'm not trying to stop people criticizing i've criticized telltale games myself, for example the difficulty level of the firs three episodes of Sam & max.. But I did atleast wait til those games were released.
  • edited June 2009
    My one complaint? I'll be on vacation, far away from my computer on July 7th. And I pre-ordered.
  • edited June 2009
    Hero1 wrote: »
    Well I'm not trying to stop people criticizing i've criticized telltale games myself, for example the difficulty level of the firs three episodes of Sam & max.. But I did atleast wait til those games were released.

Yeah but like I said, I don't see a problem with constructive criticism on previews and early pictures of unreleased games. It's completely valid and in some cases necessary. We're talking about two seperate things here; a)constructive criticism on a yet-to-be released game, and b)Complaining about a game that is already released, when it's too late to do anything about it anyway. The latter seems almost worse if you think about it.

I don't see how this (a) hurts anybody. For some people it dulls their enthusiasm to hear negative buzz. Sorry to say, but that's just weak. As for the developers, if they don't want to hear constructive criticism then they will just ignore it anyway. Unless someone's just flat-out hating, I don't see the point of stiffling anyone who has something to say, especially if it's with good intentions.
  • edited June 2009
    Even though I've complained quite a bit (legitimate complaints, if you ask me... not whining etc), I'm obviously very excited about this series.
    Here is a blog entry I wrote for another forum I'm a member on... as you can see, even though I have my gripes with both the LE remake and the Telltale series, I remain quite positive overall -
    Monkey Island madness!!
    So it finally happened... we finally get more Monkey Island games!

I thought it was a joke when I first heard it, seems so incredible to finally have this series back... I'd given up on it years ago, especially after the terrible Escape from Monkey Island.
    I've been playing the Monkey Island games since the first game was just released, it was actually the first game I bought for my Amiga 500... so as you can imagine, I'm very excited about this news!

In case anyone doesn't know yet, we will have two seperate Monkey Island games... well, one game and one series of episodes by Telltale.
    However, the one not made by Telltale (actually made by Lucasarts themselves!) isn't really a brand new game... it's a remake of the first one.
    I'm very happy to say this will be available on PC as a digital download - I suspected it would only be available on the 360.

It looks like an interesting remake... however, it's not without its problems.
    First off - I hate the character redesign, especially in the closeups and on the 'cover art' picture... Guybrush looks like a @&;#!! idiot :eek:

guybrushlookingbad.jpg

It seems they want to continue the cartoony style introduced by Curse of Monkey Island... but something must have gone horribly wrong!
    I was never a big fan of that cartoony character look in the first place, I always preferred the style in first two Monkey Island games... but I grew to accept it eventually.
    Not sure I'll be able to do so with this new look!

Here you can see a closeup in the original compared with what it looks like in the remake -

504x_Guybrush_and_Elaine_Never_pay__20-Fireworks-_classsic.JPG 504x_Guybrush_and_Elaine_Fireworks_SE.JPG

However, the remake has an interesting feature... from within the game, in real-time, you can change from the new look to 'classic look'.. which is what the original looks like.
    That way, you can play it with original graphics and still get the new voice acting.

Anyway, even though it's not perfect, it's really kickass that Lucasarts is finally doing something with its old IPs again, hopefully this will lead to even better things in the future.

Now, over to the Telltale series of Monkey Island games... Tales of Monkey Island.
    The first one will be released on July 7th, and I can't wait :D

Obviously, they will be 3D games... like every other Telltale game so far. I can't say I'm disappointed by this, as I would never expect a new 2D Monkey Island game.
    I do like 2D quite a bit better, but Telltale is very good at designing interesting areas and so I trust they will make it look nice.
    Besides, graphics aren't *that* important.

I like the character design much better in the Telltale MI - Guybrush looks a lot better.
    They still retain that cartoony look, but I think it's the best looking Guybrush since LeChuck's Revenge. In fact, he reminds me of a mixture of what Guybrush looks like in that game and how he looks in the more cartoony ones.

talesofmiguybrushandela.jpg

He will be voiced by the same voice actor that has done the voices in every Monkey Island games that had speech - Dominic Armato.
    I can't say I ever liked the way he does Guybrush as it never sounded anything like what I'd been hearing in my head when playing the older and unvoiced games in the series... but he's not bad.

Telltale has also revealed that they will let you combine inventory items in this game to allow for more complex puzzles - something every Telltale game up to now has lacked.
    I'm really hoping they will make these games harder than their previous games as they were all much too easy.

One concern I have is that they didn't get Earl Bohen (I think he's retired from acting) to do the voice of LeChuck... he was so good at that role! The new guy sounds a bit... off. But I'm sure I'll get used to that, it's not a biggie.

My major gripe with their series is they chose to have direct control, instead of point & click.
    They claim it's to allow more creative camera angles and movement, and that this could not be accomplished by using point & click.
    I don't buy that for one moment - I'm certain it would be possible to have the game be fully mouse driven (at least as an option).
    It would obviously be *harder* to implement well, direct control is the easiest choice by far.
    But I, and lots of other adventure gamers, find it's much more convenient and relaxing to play adventure games using the mouse exclusively.
    And besides, due to a condition I have, I can't use my keyboard for gaming for any extended period of time (same goes for gamepads)... so for me, this is terrible news.
    I'll get around it by using this old joystick I have laying around, but it's a hassle.

Finally, about the 3D graphics they're using - they do look pretty nice, the engine they use for games has evolved a great deal since their first game, Bone.
    It's still nowhere near the quality of many mainstream shooters etc, but for a game of this type, where they have a much smaller budget.. it looks more than acceptable.
    Part of me wishes they would still use 2D backgrounds, but I realize this is unrealistic and so I was not in any way let down by the choice to go with 3D.

Here is an example of why I love 2D so much... they still look much better than what 3D can produce -

Curse of Monkey Island (1997) -
    cmi.jpg

Tales of Monkey Island (2009) -
    tales.jpg

So as you can see... 3D still has a way to go.
    3D does have advantages, though... I'm not denying that. First of all, it's cheaper.
    Second - it obviously allows for moving cameras, dynamically changing angles, etc... which can add a lot to the experience.

Anyway, this will have to be enough for my first blog entry, so to sum it up - even though I have a few issues with both the new Monkey Island games... this is KICKASS! :D
  • edited June 2009
    Yeah but like I said, I don't see a problem with constructive criticism on previews and early pictures of unreleased games. It's completely valid and in some cases necessary. We're talking about two seperate things here; a)constructive criticism on a yet-to-be released game, and b)Complaining about a game that is already released, when it's too late to do anything about it anyway. The latter seems almost worse if you think about it.

I don't see how this (a) hurts anybody. For some people it dulls their enthusiasm to hear negative buzz. Sorry to say, but that's just weak. As for the developers, if they don't want to hear constructive criticism then they will just ignore it anyway. Unless someone's just flat-out hating, I don't see the point of stiffling anyone who has something to say, especially if it's with good intentions.

I don't see anybody stiffling anything. I was just posing the question why when a series was resurrected after 9 years from a company that had shown no interest in its own classics for many years was this forum full of people complaining about everything. There is a lot to be grateful for. Also I'm not sure if your aware how telltale's series works.. They have almost finished episode 1 now, they are working on episode 2 and they probably have episode 3 in development. So whatever changes you think they will make they won't be making right away and you probably wouldn't see them til episode 4 or so.[This is based on previous TTG series, but someone from the company could prob tell you more definitively]
Sign in to comment in this discussion.