Which episode would you recommend?

For a Strong Bad newbie? Start at the start? Or try my luck with a later episode?

I have a code for a free episode and this is the only TT series I haven't played yet.

Comments

• edited June 2009
    Episode 1 is the perfect start. Just go down the line or it won't make much sense.
  • edited June 2009
    Episode 3.
    All you need to know is a few events of 1 and 2 to get it.

If you dont want to know about past episodes to figure out stuff on 1 episode, I reccomend episode 4.
  • edited June 2009
    I'll second the "Baddest of the Bands" recommendation. It's probably the strongest episode that doesn't really rely on the previous episodes, nor too much background knowledge of the H*R world.
  • edited June 2009
    plus, episode 3 is funny as good comedy.
  • edited June 2009
    I haven't played them all yet, but I reccommend that you do not start off with either 4 or 5. I started off with episode 4, and I was okay with it eventually, though I was a bit confused while playing. The characters are, uh... not themselves in that episode, if you know what I mean.
    And episode 5 begins right where episode 4 ends, so you kinda have to play episode 4 to understand what's happening.
    Maybe you want to check out the series first, to get you introduced to the characters.
    www.homestarrunner.com
    Hope that helps. :D
  • edited June 2009
    Cool, thanks guys. "Baddest of the Bands" sounds like a good episode; think I might go with that. I played a demo of the first episode, so I might as well skip that one! :p
  • edited June 2009
    Episode 2: Is the second funniest, has the best story and is the most fun. Get that.
  • edited June 2009
    I'd think you'd like Episode 1. It's very basic puzzles, and not as difficult. Once you start playing, you won't wanna stop. Or Episode 2, that one is pretty good.
  • edited June 2009
    I really adore Episode 4: Dangeresque 3
    But make sure you watch the Dangeresque Episodes of Strong Bad's Email first.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.