Twitch Stream/Early Spoiler Discussion: Stream concluded! Keep early spoilers here until the release

Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
edited November 2014 in Tales from the Borderlands

Alt text

Hey guys! As Telltale announced on their blog/Twitter, they are going to have a streaming event for "ZER0 Sum" the first episode of Tales from the Borderlands, on Twitch. Since they will (presumably) be showing the whole episode before it premieres for download, we would like to ask that you all keep story spoiler discussion in this thread only.

The stream premieres later tonight on Twitch, but I wanted to make this thread now so that we can also have other discussion about the stream beyond story spoilers!

When the time comes, the stream will be found on Nerdist's Twitch channel.

Comments

• And so it begins! I wonder who will be the first to play this game? If it's a Telltale staff member, I hope they show some Easter eggs (if you ever played a Borderlands game they love them some Easter eggs) just to make it worth watching compared to just playing it yourself.

• Why would you like to spoil the whole episode before playing?

• edited November 2014

HUGE SPOILERS!!!!!!!

On a gaming site there is a rumor that one of the main playable characters will die in the first episode!!! This will be one interesting episode!

• edited November 2014

It's most likely false, Telltale wouldn't allow such a leak to be released into the public, let alone make one of their main protagonists die in the first episode :P

HUGE SPOILERS!!!!!!! On a gaming site there is a rumor that one of the main playable characters will die in the first episode!!! This will be one interesting episode!

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator
    edited November 2014

Some people are unsure if they'd like this game or not, so this would be an opportunity for them to see if they'd like it or not. Especially people questioning whether or not Borderlands, an FPS, can become a good Point & Click adventure game.

Davisx3m posted: »

Why would you like to spoil the whole episode before playing?

• Are they showing the WHOLE episode?

• Yes. I think.

zeke10 posted: »

Are they showing the WHOLE episode?

• Cool i guess they will release it tommorow than

Yes. I think.

• Telltale wouldn't allow such a leak to be released into the public

Let's not forget the numerous leaks during TWDG S2, particularly the Amid The Ruins choices. That said, I doubt Telltale would kill off a playable character in the first episode.

Green613 posted: »

It's most likely false, Telltale wouldn't allow such a leak to be released into the public, let alone make one of their main protagonists die in the first episode :P

• Pandora is a horrible place. My vote everyone dies including Brick's third dog.

JakeSt123 posted: »

Telltale wouldn't allow such a leak to be released into the public Let's not forget the numerous leaks during TWDG S2, particularly

• Embargo on that game is Tuesday Nov 25th 3am EDT/8am GMT.

Cool i guess they will release it tommorow than

• So, Release then!

Awesome!

Embargo on that game is Tuesday Nov 25th 3am EDT/8am GMT.

• edited November 2014

Would have like put the schedule for other countries? Like this:

• Brazil (Brasilia Hour) / Agentina: 12:00 AM
    • Peru (Lima): 9:00 PM
    • United Kingdom / Portugal (Lisbon): 2:00 AM
    • Spain (Madrid) / Germany (Belin): 3:00 AM
    • Russia (Moscow): 5:00 AM
    • Australia: 12:30 PM
    • Japan: 11:00 AM
  • MarkDarinMarkDarin Former Telltale Staff

Hey guys, I'm here at the Alamo Drafthoue theater ready to show this game off for the first time tonight! There will be around 200 people here tonight playing along screaming out their choices! It's going to be an insane madhouse of awesomeness! Wish me luck!

• I don't get it, do we even know when this game is being released yet? I could understand streaming it after the release, but watching it being played before playing it yourself seems sort of detriment to the experience of a story driven game...

• I wish I could be there </3

MarkDarin posted: »

Hey guys, I'm here at the Alamo Drafthoue theater ready to show this game off for the first time tonight! There will be around 200 people h

• Sounds like a great time! Hope you have fun!

MarkDarin posted: »

Hey guys, I'm here at the Alamo Drafthoue theater ready to show this game off for the first time tonight! There will be around 200 people h

• Release dates were confirmed shortly ago. I'll agree it's a bit weird to hold off this long on release info, but it isn't shocking to me as they are already streaming the game soon anyways.

I don't get it, do we even know when this game is being released yet? I could understand streaming it after the release, but watching it being played before playing it yourself seems sort of detriment to the experience of a story driven game...

• I don't get it, do we even know when this game is being released yet? I could understand streaming it after the release, but watching it being played before playing it yourself seems sort of detriment to the experience of a story driven game...

• anyone see it and care to spoil me?

• They haven't even attempted to play the damn episode yet.

anyone see it and care to spoil me?

• i thought it was at 8

They haven't even attempted to play the damn episode yet.

• edited November 2014

The most memorable thing that has occurred so far is the magnificent quote, 'Assquez.'

Also, Vaughn is freaking hilarious.

• A little late, but that intro sequence was all kinds of amazing.

• I've had to deal with commandant Steele enough times today, so her figurine was funny as hell.

• Everyone who doubted this series....

Telltale has grabbed you by the shirt, and bitch-slapped you. This was better than Walking Dead and Wolf Among Us combined.

• That was a fantastic episode!

• Ah, that was great! Fantastic writing and I loved the humor too. Also, it was about two hours long, I timed it. :)

• It did, Randy Pitchford from Gearbox was doing some announcement/speech thing first, then they did some magic tricks with the audience (for some reason?) away from the stream camera, and finally they showed some people who cosplayed as various Borderlands characters.

All of which took around 30 minutes before they finally played the game.

i thought it was at 8

• Watched the entire thing, I didn't think Telltale would pull it off, but they did. They did and I'm happy, so happy. The references and humor were spot-on too. This, this is indeed an absolute must for Borderlands fans.

• I think it was closer to 2:15 than it was to 2:00, even.

Bigby-Wolf posted: »

Ah, that was great! Fantastic writing and I loved the humor too. Also, it was about two hours long, I timed it.

• Yeah, me too. I started a little late timing (I forgot :P), and I got 1:58 so it's more than that.

I think it was closer to 2:15 than it was to 2:00, even.

• Besides, those bits with Shade actually frightened me! Who knew Telltale had experience with horror? XD

• Congratulations Telltail! That was fantastic and streaming the first episode, really a stroke of genius. After playing TPS the familiar sights and sounds of Pandora were a most welcome thing. Loved it. Really looking forward to getting into this game. It was nice to see that the episode did not rely on just getting out of the way of things (kinda grew to hate that in TWD season 2) and the characters around the main toons all felt pitched just right.

Whoo you right now!

• I went into this with ridiculously high expectations and you guys still managed to blow me away... The writing, humour, pacing - everything - was phenomenal!

Can't wait to get my hands on the game (I'm determined my Rhys won't be as much of a dick as the stream one was).

This will be my first Telltale game that I'll be playing 'live', so I look forward to chatting/speculating with you all!

• I knew the first one was coming (and yet still jumped), but the second one destroyed me - well played, TT!

Besides, those bits with Shade actually frightened me! Who knew Telltale had experience with horror? XD

• How is tector alive i killed him

• Telltale somehow manged to make shade into a creepy character

Alt text

In borderlands 2 i saw him more as an over the top cartoon character but in this game he scaring me and creeping me out lol

• I honestly feel bad for the poor guy

TommyW posted: »

Telltale somehow manged to make shade into a creepy character In borderlands 2 i saw him more as an over the top cartoon character but in this game he scaring me and creeping me out lol

Sign in to comment in this discussion.