Handsome Jack

So let's talk about how this guy's back.

The Hyperion scientist whose ID you steal, Nakayama or something similar, was working on a project to clone Handsome Jack. Once you steal his ID, Rhys now gets to communicate with some AI ghost of Jack.

Do you think this idea of a cloning project will mean we'll see clones of Jack later on? Is the AI replica of Jack intending to resurrect himself somehow?

Comments

• I was pretty shocked to see Jack in our head...Even more to see him form as an hologram in the ending.

• Who knows? But I really hope so. Would make for an interesting series, thats for sure.

• edited November 2014

I hope Jack returns. Rhys did say he wanted to be just like Handsome Jack.

• Ah, Nakayama. What a guy. He's originally from one of Borderlands 2's dlc, Sir Hammerlock's Big Game Hunt. Never played it myself, but I glanced through a playthrough of it. The Vault Hunters stop his cloning plan and then he dies in the greatest boss battle of all time ()! He also shows up in The Pre-Sequel and has a couple of hilarious side missions that involves trying to get Jack to love him.

So needless to say, I found it so hilarious that Rhys seemingly downloaded some sort of Handsome Jack virus when he shoved Nakayama's ID in his head. I doubt we'll be seeing any clones, but I'm so curious to see how this Handsome Jack AI came to be. Did Nakayama make one or did he find one that Jack left behind? Looks like we won't find out till next episode!

• Mr.Naka-whatever side quests in Borderlands TPS are hilarious.
    Another character that I really, really want to see in the game is Timothy aka Jack's double body, also the 5th playable class. For anyone who played BL2, I don't believe the double we kill in Opportunity is Timothy, it look like that we are going to see Athena (?) and Janey in the next episode so I'm hoping that we will see the "double" soon.

• Welcome to the Forums...

Man, I really love saying that!

kimnguyen posted: »

Mr.Naka-whatever side quests in Borderlands TPS are hilarious. Another character that I really, really want to see in the game is Timothy

• I don't think its a ghost or anything, I think its just an AI who has his personality. Who maybe, would want to take over Rhys, or something like that.

• I was curious what they were going to do with Jack since the trailers suggested that we would encounter a recording or something along those lines. It actually makes sense that Nakayama would have programmed some sort of Jack personality program. His clones wouldn't have been much good if they only looked like Jack and were nothing like him in terms of personality.

• I thought it was an excellent way to get Handsome Jack back to the story.

But I am worried about Rhys' sanity, because he has basically uploaded HJ to his mind

• I knew they are onto something ever since I completed The Fall of Nakayama, but never expected "Jack" return as an AI. Good job, Naka-whatever

Sign in to comment in this discussion.