How many stars out of 5 would you give episode 1?

2»

Comments

• edited November 2014

5 out of 5.

I thought they hit all the highlights.

Edit: I thought the mouse lagginess was just me being new to these games, but yes it was annoying.

• 4/5

Took a while to get into it, but towards the end I was really enjoying. Not perfect but really good. And the mouse lagginess was pretty annoying couple times :/

• I wish they kept the new dialog options that were in Season 2 and Wolf. Id like the one they used in this more if they had the scrolling like Walking Dead Season 1

4/5 Took a while to get into it, but towards the end I was really enjoying. Not perfect but really good. And the mouse lagginess was pretty annoying couple times

• The story really wasn't that confusing. Unless you have no experience with past Borderlands games, then yeah, it may be a tad bit confusing for some in certain parts.

bigbaadwolf posted: »

3/5. Minus one star for the mouse lagginess. Minus another star for lack of proper keyboard support. Minus another star for a story that tells you two tales and confuses you in the process. Plus one star for the good length of the episode.

• 5 out of 5 - would loot again.

• Well I have no experience with the franchise but I didn't have problems to follow the story. I mean there are of course things that aren't clear to me in the world of this game but that didn't stop me from enjoying the story :D

The story really wasn't that confusing. Unless you have no experience with past Borderlands games, then yeah, it may be a tad bit confusing for some in certain parts.

• Story isn't even confusing...

You could also add those two technical issues into one...

3/5. Minus one star for the mouse lagginess. Minus another star for lack of proper keyboard support. Minus another star for a story that tells you two tales and confuses you in the process. Plus one star for the good length of the episode.

• Of course! Overall, this episode did a good job on being friendly to newcomers like yourself to the franchise. :)

Well I have no experience with the franchise but I didn't have problems to follow the story. I mean there are of course things that aren't clear to me in the world of this game but that didn't stop me from enjoying the story

• bigbaadwolfbigbaadwolf Banned
    edited November 2014

I am a newcomer, yes. Thing is, TWD and TWAU really didn't need you to be familiar with the source material. This is quite clearly not the same case here. Of course, you can still play, but many references, settings, characters and jokes will pass by you, and you won't know the details of a lot of things the game takes for granted that you already know.

The story really wasn't that confusing. Unless you have no experience with past Borderlands games, then yeah, it may be a tad bit confusing for some in certain parts.

• I give it five out of five thumbs up.

Alt text

• 5/5 it was great. i should slap myself cuz when i first heard they were making this game i was like " ahh fuck this just focus on WD and TWAU" and didnt really cared for itor even to buy it, even when the trailer came, but i watch the ep on youtube and i will buy it. it was pretty damn funny, had that awesome last part at the derby or whatever was awesome! i really loved it. ohhh and it was like 2:30 hours TT go back to 2 hours episodes it was just great. VO's or VA's whatever is the term for voice actors is, are great. and i was so entertained i couldnt believe there was FOUR more episodes. hopefully they are just as good

• 5/5

I went in with no expectations because I´ve never played Borderlands and I didn´t bother looking into it. Yet it was still enjoyable from beggining to end.

• 5/5 moustaches.I didnt expect it to be that good.It had humor,adventure,action and awesomeness!

• 5/5 and it actually pays off comedy-wise when you fail some options this time. The "break his heart" option also had me laughing out loud. Good job Telltale, keep it up, you were always great in comedy :D

• 4/5
    Pros:

• Story was perfect. Had me laughing my ass off the whole time.
    • Ending scene was so intense and amazing.
    • Zero.
    • Really long.

Cons:

• Most of the QTEs I completed even though I pressed the wrong button a few times.
    • Some of the dialogue choices don't really matter (although, this could change.)
    • Shade scaring the shit out of me.

Overall I loved it. If not as good as TWAU and TWD then better than them. Good job telltale, please don't make the episode 2 wait as painful as TWD S2 episode 2 wait..

• edited November 2014

5/5 I think this is the greatest game from telltale. I was twd fanboy once.

• 10 out of 10

• 4.5. This game was better then i expected. And I loved the humor in it!

• ATLAS COMEBACK! Really nice and its my first telltale. In that case... 5/5

• edited November 2014

4.5/5: the length was awesome, loved the characters, and it was funny as hell. Have to admit I was a little skeptical when TTG decided to make a game out of Borderlands, but they REALLY won me over with this episode.

• 5/5. The characters are likable (even Vasquez was somewhat likable because of how funny he is), the story was really intriguing and kept me hooked and I love the whole "two sides to every story" thing, and the length was excellent. I don't think it was too long, it was just right imo. I missed the 2 hour episodes from Telltale and hopefully they'll do it with every episode. Plus I love the little things like when you slap Shade's face it says "Shade's face will remember that," and "Telltale Games will remember that" if you skip the credits. And ah, I love Rhys' ECHO-eye; "Cause of death: Stabbing. Last words: "What're you gonna do? Stab me?" Just so much awesomeness. And Loader bot... I died of happiness when my son returned. Loader bot is love. Loader bot is life.

I can basically write a whole essay on my love for this game sooo..... Keep doing what you're doing Telltale. :D

• Seems like they are gonna do something where handsome Jack is in Rhys mind and Rhys has to try to keep Jack from taking over his mind or whatever.

Dyeingbrad posted: »

5, mainly because they mixed Atlas and Handsome Jack at the end. In all honestly it was well written, fun and I died laughing several times.

• 4.5/5

It got of to a tiny bit of a slow start for me. But once it got going, I loved it! I wasn't sure about whether or not Telltale's storytelling would mesh with the Borderlands universe. But I think it works very well. I already can't wait to play the next episode. :)

• A 4.5/5!

Holy moly I honestly did not expect it to be that good! I love everything about it. :) The characters were awesome, there were many hilarious moments that stick true to the Borderlands humor, amazing action sequences, and not to mention it's length was pretty long. I love it!

Oh man I can't wait for what comes next. :)

NOTE: The opening soundtrack is eargasmic....

• Shade is an asshole. >:(

Batteries posted: »

4/5 Pros: * Story was perfect. Had me laughing my ass off the whole time. * Ending scene was so intense and amazing. * Zero. * Real

• OMG! Yes! I love the opening song. :D

A 4.5/5! Holy moly I honestly did not expect it to be that good! I love everything about it. The characters were awesome, there were man

• The Borderlands games have been known to have incredible intro soundtracks. Looks like Telltale has been paying attention. ;)

OMG! Yes! I love the opening song.

• edited November 2014

5/5

This has to be the best season opener for a Telltale game I've played, and since that includes Faith that's saying a lot!

• Sparkling Zer0 smile. 5/5.
    This lived up to what I expect out of Borderlands, that in itself says allot.

• I give it 4.9 of 5 Points/Stars/Thumbs so that telltale games has some insentive to try and do it even better.

Very well done! After a rather disappointing Second Season of the walking dead this caught me by surprise. It's really funny and totally crazy and I love it! Also the length is quite acceptable. Continue the good work!

Boy, I hope Game of Thrones is done as well, as this!

• Then Borderlands 3 takes place where Rhys failed and is Handsome Jack and Atlas and Hyperion had a merger to get rid of all the pesky bandits.

Seems like they are gonna do something where handsome Jack is in Rhys mind and Rhys has to try to keep Jack from taking over his mind or whatever.

• 5/5 The best episode of any series from ttg this year. Absolutely Amazing!

• edited November 2014

I don't agree, I NEVER played a Borderlands game nor have I really delved much into the story of the franchise, and I was able to follow along nicely. Hyperions are known to be assholes to Pandorians, Pandorians are "not nice" and hate Hyperions, Pandora is an awful place full of psychos, Vault Hunters are almost like legendary super thugs that can handle any situation, vault keys open vaults which hold great riches and some cool tech, Handsome Jack was a powerful, ruthless role model leader for Hyperia, but died. There are maybe a few details that I may have appreciated more IF I played the games before, but I'm sold 4.8/5.

I am a newcomer, yes. Thing is, TWD and TWAU really didn't need you to be familiar with the source material. This is quite clearly not the s

• 5/5, fucking brilliant I loved it and holy shit it was long, over 3 hours!

My head started actually hurt for playing so long in a row and that really tells something, telltale ;)

• 4/5 would give it a 5, but I experienced too many bugs and they itched me something fierce.

• 7.8/10 Too much water.

Get the reference? Anyhow I give it 10/10. Best episode I played after TWD Season 1 finale.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.