Thoughts about the Episode - Mechanical Issues?

First of all, let me just say this episode was goddamn amazing. Quite possibly the best first episode of a Telltale game yet. Holy crap, I'm still freaking out over it.

That being said, basically all of the problems I had with the game so far have been purely mechanical. For example, unlike in Walking Dead and Wolf Among Us, you can no longer use the WASD keys to scroll through dialogue options. Is there...Any reason for this? I'm no programmer, but I don't see any possible advantage to removing something that's purely for convenience. Just curious why it's gone, is all.

I've also noticed that save points are fewer and farther between than in TWD and WOA. I guess I can see why Telltale did that, if they don't want people quitting and re-choosing options. For me, personally, that's part of the charm, seeing what the different options do. I'd personally be in favor of making save points more frequent, but that's just me.

Finally, pausing the game via the space bar causes some minor audio glitches. Namely, character lines getting cut off/repeated slightly if you pause while they're talking. Hopefully this gets fixed in future episodes.

And that's...About it, really. All things considered, I didn't notice any game-breaking bugs or major graphical glitches or anything, so kudos to Telltale for shipping out one of the best Episodes so far. I am totally hyped for the rest of this series.

Comments

• The lack of keyboard input is really surprising. This isn't TellTale's first rodeo, so how could they miss that?

It's made even worse with the horrible mouse cursor. It fades out when you're not on a dialogue option, so I spend the first few seconds of EVERY conversation frantically searching for the cursor. I've missed a few inputs because I just didn't find it in time.

• Yeah, I also had a problem with that.

madSimon posted: »

The lack of keyboard input is really surprising. This isn't TellTale's first rodeo, so how could they miss that? It's made even worse wit

• And I would add the lack of option to adjust the mouse sensitivity.

madSimon posted: »

The lack of keyboard input is really surprising. This isn't TellTale's first rodeo, so how could they miss that? It's made even worse wit

Sign in to comment in this discussion.