Game Informer gave Zer0 Sum a 6.5

Comments

• edited November 2014

meh there is always the one reviewer who shits on a game so far he seems to be the only one

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/tales-from-the-borderlands-episode-one---zer0-sum

• While I did like the episode a lot after reading his review I can see where he's coming from and all of his points seem valid enough, you know everyone just has different opinions and if he doesn't like it that's fine, his review seems genuinely honest to me and in the end I think that's what matters, he didn't seem overtly negative he just really disliked Rhys and Vaughn.

• edited November 2014

Disagree,but whatever

• That better be out of 5.

• "I'm still not convinced Tales From The Borderlands won't end up being another middling excursion alongside Telltale's forgettable Jurassic Park and Back To The Future series."

Lost all creditably by calling BTTF and JP forgettable. Those games were very good and without them TWD probably wouldn't have been the same.

• that same reviewer hated the game before it released he's also not the one who usually reviews telltales games

• Yeah I'm not sure why Kimberly didn't review it :P

zeke10 posted: »

that same reviewer hated the game before it released he's also not the one who usually reviews telltales games

• Perhaps he's the guy who reviews Borderlands games?

Yeah I'm not sure why Kimberly didn't review it :P

• If this is worth a 6.5 in his book then getting even an 8 out of him must be impossible.

• The guy seems like he was depressed when he wrote that review.

• Meh, just another critic with his own biased opinion. I don't tend to go by what critics say. I'm my own critic.

• Meh. I expected that a few critics would be all like "dis not Borderlands, where all de shooty pew pew?!"

I think it's actually refreshing to see a a different side of Borderlands universe. It's always been a cool universe to me, but the games are generally thin when it comes to real story. So, it's cool to see what the writers did with it.

• Nothing to get too worked up over, this reviewer probably didn't get his cockles warmed up enough.

• Alt text

Meh, just another critic with his own biased opinion. I don't tend to go by what critics say. I'm my own critic.

• He was probably too busy scratching his balls really hard ;)

Nothing to get too worked up over, this reviewer probably didn't get his cockles warmed up enough.

• edited November 2014

Alt text

He was probably too busy scratching his balls really hard

• edited November 2014

Not a bad review, finding a character like Rhys or Vaughn boring or uninteresting and finding the first half forgettable is extremely subjective, he did at least find the episode to get better as it went along though, so maybe this series will grow on him if Telltale continue taking their time with the story, I do find it annoying though that he somewhat compares Zer0 Sum to the first episode of the Walking Dead, which is very unfair to both franchises, as Tales of Borderlands isn't going for that style or tone, maybe GameInformer should get someone who's either more familiar with Telltale's earlier works like Monkey Island or Sam and Max other than TWD to review Telltale's games, the Walking Dead comparisons kind of need to stop for this series.

• Alt text

I decide if I like it only after I have seen or played it.

• edited November 2014

That'll be gamer informer. A company ran buy retailer gamespot who can't get the game into their store, thus less money in their pockets.

• Borderlands 2 is one of the best stories I've played in a video game. It's nice to have a game highlight what a wonderful world it is.

• so because it's out of telltale it must be a 10/10? you guys never fail to amaze me.

• [removed]

Ellias posted: »

so because it's out of telltale it must be a 10/10? you guys never fail to amaze me.

• edited November 2014

Maybe because the score is kinda low.

so because it's out of telltale it must be a 10/10? you guys never fail to amaze me.

• Actually, I think it deserves a 10 out of 10 because it's the best Telltale game after the original Walking Dead.

• How do you get that zero emoticon option? XD

• [removed]

• By saying that you'll tell him if you find the thing that he's looking for.

How do you get that zero emoticon option? XD

• edited November 2014

Of course not. I've never said the score is low it's actually a pretty decent score I'm just pointing out that the guy seemed negative towards the idea of Telltale doing a Borderlands game and Telltale in general. He isn't even the same person who reviews Telltale's games.

• These are the types of critics I despise. They're simply biased and don't review it for it's own merits. They've become a rather recurring thing in the past year.

• lol.

Actually, I think it deserves a 10 out of 10 because it's the best Telltale game after the original Walking Dead.

• I object. It's better than the walking dead in my opinion.

Actually, I think it deserves a 10 out of 10 because it's the best Telltale game after the original Walking Dead.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.