(Spoilers) Why are Rhys and Fiona's version of the events different?

In Rhys, he "blows mind" of the bad guy with the Vault Key. Then he grabs the case, they struggle, and the vault key drops and breaks.

However, in Fiona's version, they use some EPM, where Rhys drops the Vault Key while he is examining it. And the version of events are different, like there is no struggle and Vaughn opens up the money case.

Why is there such a huge discrepancy here? Does anyone know an answer?

Comments

• because one or both of them are lying and from what i have heard telltale kinda wants us to decide for ourselves which one actually happened but idk

• No, but in this case, they should have the same events, no?

Jewfreeus posted: »

because one or both of them are lying and from what i have heard telltale kinda wants us to decide for ourselves which one actually happened but idk

• that is the thing we don't know and most likely won't ever know unless another character comes in at the end of episode 5 and reveals what really happened

bigbaadwolf posted: »

No, but in this case, they should have the same events, no?

• What Jewfreeus said. Both characters are unreliable narrators and also, I also think they are both trying to ridicules one another. Like when Fiona tell her version of the deal, she told that Rhys was begging August to accept the deal. If Rhys interrupted the story there, I think he would have told a different story.

• We have two protagonists who both view themselves as the main character. About the only time we can trust that they are being truthful is if the other vouches for them. For instance, I chose to have Fiona say that the next thing they tried to do in the caravan was kill Rhys. The bandit accused her of embellishing again, and then Rhys verified that that version of the story was accurate.

It is also really fun because it keeps you guessing on how much of what you're seeing is real.

• There are as many stories explaining an event as there are people to tell it.

• So, that's what the whole game is gonna be like? Hearing two sides to the same story? That's gonna be hell of a lot confusing! Not sure how I feel about this.

Mikejames posted: »

There are as many stories explaining an event as there are people to tell it.

• Don't know if the entire season will be told through flashbacks, but I think it's been an entertaining way of introducing the characters so far.

Enough consistency to let the audience know the core of what happened, and enough personalized embellishment from both leads to make for some good transitional humor.

bigbaadwolf posted: »

So, that's what the whole game is gonna be like? Hearing two sides to the same story? That's gonna be hell of a lot confusing! Not sure how I feel about this.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.