About to buy, clear this up for me.

I was at first planning on getting it for 360 because I didnt realize it was coming out for next gen consoles.

Now, I noticed that for some reason its not coming out for 360 until a week later? Why is that by the way? Thats kinda unusual.

I am about to buy this right now on Xbox One and I noticed the file size is like 2.5gb which is....HUGE compared to an episode of the Walking Dead or The wolf. Is this because its the next gen version? Or is it really long and even the last gen versions will have similar length? I am REALLY hoping thats not just because graphics or something.....cause if this is like any other Telltalle game episode then that makes it seem like this one is gonna have some serious substance to it.

Assuming its gonna be about the same size regardless....id get it right now.

Comments

• Not sure if this is accurate but looking at the PS3 website it claims its 800mb. Yet the Xbox One version is 2.5gb?

Anyone know what the differences are for? When I played the Xbox One Walking Dead games just recently they looked better than they did on 360 but not even CLOSE to being enough to where it would be 3-4 times as large of a file. It would be shocked if that little of visual difference accounted for that much space.

Is there some large difference between next gen and last gen versions?

• 1.8GB downloaded for me on the PC. Consoles should be around the same, or lower.

Increase file size is due to increased length of the episode I suppose. Roughly 50% longer than the average TWD S2 or TWAU episode.

X1 and PS4 should be the same, but since the X1 has lower specs, it may be that they are running lower resolution or texture models or something. I don't know.

• Wow haha that kinda makes me wonder even more now. So PC is 1.8GB?

PS3 892MB
    PC 1.8Gb
    Xone 2.5gb
    PS4 2.5gb

What in the world is accounting for so much more space on the next gen consoles?

• I'm just guessing, but I think it's maybe because of differing audio compression schemes (since Telltale games have lots and lots of recorded dialogue, audio compression can make a huge difference). Maybe the next-gen console versions have lossless or just better audio quality. Just a wild guess, though.

PHub07 posted: »

Wow haha that kinda makes me wonder even more now. So PC is 1.8GB? PS3 892MB PC 1.8Gb Xone 2.5gb PS4 2.5gb What in the world is accounting for so much more space on the next gen consoles?

• THat could be it. The sound quality sounds REALLY good to me for some reason. It also looks really really good....even better than the Walking Dead does on the One.

I really hope they are all gonna be like this....Im blown away at how long its taken me just to complete the first two sections of this. Telltalle is the only company I will straight up just buy all theri stuff. If they made a spongebob game id get it even then....

OMA posted: »

I'm just guessing, but I think it's maybe because of differing audio compression schemes (since Telltale games have lots and lots of recorde

Sign in to comment in this discussion.