Bad continuity issue?

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I noticed something really off in the first episode.

When you jump into Felix's caravan toward the end with Fiona, it appears he slams on the brakes and skids to a stop among the bandits on the track. He turns around and you have a conversation.

Then suddenly he turns around and he's about to run into something.

Did they forget he stopped moving, or am I missing something?

Comments

• JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited November 2014

The vehicle was racing towards them, not them going towards it (which is why his back was turned and he wasn't concentrating on the road).

• No, they're definitely still moving. I replayed that section twice.

And here's a video of it in action:

Jennifer posted: »

The vehicle was racing towards them, not them going towards it (which is why his back was turned and he wasn't concentrating on the road).

• He doesn't slam on the breaks, he just turns the wheel harshly making the van skid to the outside of the track. Avoiding the bandits.

• JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited November 2014

Yeah, after watching that, you're right that they were both in fact going towards each other. But they also never skid to a stop after avoiding the bandits, as their vehicle is still moving after they go past the bandits (although there is one moment in that video where the background appears to stop for a short time, which is probably a glitch rather than a continuity error, since the vehicle itself is still shaking).

madSimon posted: »

No, they're definitely still moving. I replayed that section twice. And here's a video of it in action:

• That's possible, but still really weird. He skids harshly to the outside of the track and keeps his foot on the gas while he's turned around having a conversation?

Revec posted: »

He doesn't slam on the breaks, he just turns the wheel harshly making the van skid to the outside of the track. Avoiding the bandits.

• You can see the background moving still outside the window during the conversation. Cruise control I guess.

That's possible, but still really weird. He skids harshly to the outside of the track and keeps his foot on the gas while he's turned around having a conversation?

• The background actually stops moving at one point, but maybe that's just a bug.

Revec posted: »

You can see the background moving still outside the window during the conversation. Cruise control I guess.

• Just watched the YouTube vid and I think that's just a glitch like you said. Before and after that though, it's constantly moving.

The background actually stops moving at one point, but maybe that's just a bug.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.