Figured it was a Steam Key...

I've bought all my previous Telltale games on steam, and when I heard that the new Tales from Borderlands was out, I went to pick it up. Only this time, I decided to use greenmangaming since I'd received an email that included a 25% off coupon and figured I'd use it. Why not?

Well, like an idiot, I didn't even bother to read the description, and didn't realize the key was for TTG's own system. Now, I love you guys, but I'd much rather have the game activated on Steam as that's where all of my other games are. Chances are that I'll totally forget about this game by the time I'd want to play it if it doesn't show up in my Steam library on my various computers.

I haven't activated the TTG key yet, and I was curious if there was any way I could get a Steam key instead?

Thanks

Comments

• I'd rather activate on Steam as well.

• I did the same thing OP. Oh well.

Now how does this work? Do I download each episode individually as it becomes available?

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

I can't help directly as i am not a Telltale staff member but i can advise you to contact support support@telltalegames.com to see if they could help or you might have to contact Green Man Gaming for a refund.

• I contacted GMG support before purchasing for the same reason and now I'm going to have to put it off.

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff

I apologize for the inconvenience. Unfortunately we are unable to provide Steam Keys for Purchases made on Green Man Gaming. As stated on Green Man Gaming's website,

"This game is delivered as a Telltale Games redemption code. Customers will require a free Telltale Games account to play."

I recommend contacting Green Man Gaming and see if you are able to receive a refund for the purchase. If you have already redeemed the code, you will be able to download the installer from your My Games page by clicking on your profile avatar on the top right of the webpage, and then click My Games from the drop down menu.

• I purchased mine on Uplay. Are you able to give me a Steam key? I have not redeemed the one Uplay gave me for this site yet.

My apologies, unfortunately we are unable to provide Steam Keys for purchases made on third-party websites.

Greenteam posted: »

I purchased mine on Uplay. Are you able to give me a Steam key? I have not redeemed the one Uplay gave me for this site yet.

• I ran into the same mistake, but when I tried the installers from the website, the installer won't run on my computer for some reason. I tried re-downloading, restarting the computer. It just doesn't work.

I know my steam version of the walking dead (season 1 and 2) both works and run fine. Am I stuck with my money gone now...?

I apologize for the inconvenience. Unfortunately we are unable to provide Steam Keys for Purchases made on Green Man Gaming. As stated on Gr

My apologies, please try disabling any anti-virus or internet firewall programs before downloading the install file, to make sure you do not receive an incomplete or corrupt download file. You can also try running the installer As an Administrator, or in a Compatibility Mode.

Osborn1201 posted: »

I ran into the same mistake, but when I tried the installers from the website, the installer won't run on my computer for some reason. I tri

• Still didn't work. I see the process was attempting to start up in the task manager, but the installer application itself never actually started. No error message or anything, just having the process sitting there on the list. I tried killing it and restart, still nothing.

I also tried to contact GMG to see if they would issue a refund for this issue since the installer just won't start and they refused.

What other options do I have?

My apologies, please try disabling any anti-virus or internet firewall programs before downloading the install file, to make sure you do not

Can you please clarify if you are attempting to run it on the Administrator account on your computer? Also, have you tried deleting the installer from your computer, and re-downloading the installer using a different web browser, to ensure it is not an incomplete download file issue?

Osborn1201 posted: »

Still didn't work. I see the process was attempting to start up in the task manager, but the installer application itself never actually sta

• edited December 2014

yes, I was on the admin account. Deleting the installer and redownloading was also the first thing I have tried. Though, I haven't tried downloading with a different browser. That never occurred to me that it would cause any problem. I can try that later in the afternoon when I got home from work.

edit: just tried downloading again with IE, same thing.

Can you please clarify if you are attempting to run it on the Administrator account on your computer? Also, have you tried deleting the inst

• The specials VIP page on GMG didn't actually link to the store page, it just added it directly to your basket.

I bought and redeemed, even thinking I'd get a steam key for some reason on here for some reason. I had no idea Telltale was pushing their own service. I contacted GMG, but I'm doubtful they'd do anything since I redeemed it already. I did buy on steam afterwards (an action not everyone would agree with,) so trying to save $10 costed me an additional $20.

Whoops~

This discussion has been closed.