Rhys is one of the worst protagonists I've ever played.

This is just an opinion I know a lot of people are getting behind him. Hell I was behind him he had all the tools to be a great character with Troy Baker voicing him and Telltale writing him. That was until the introduction. I just think he lacks control and his choice diversity is more limited than Bigby or Lee. I'm not disrespecting your opinion just stating my own. He gets pushed around a lot, an overall wimp. Character wise I don't see any development. I can't relate to him. A nerdy snob good guy been there done that. He reminds me of Jason Brody but much better writing. I don't hate him as a character completely but he's a joke of a protagonist. I'd rather have him as a supporting character I got the Napoleon Dynamite Cliche from him.

Comments

• Listen, you already stated this before and we don't care.

• I completely disagree, I found his character to be extremely funny most of the time, and I feel like throughout the season we'll see him grow from the wimpy weak janitor, to a strong leader of Hyperion, maybe even THE leader of Hyperion.

• He gets pushed around a lot, an overall wimp.

Call me crazy, but that is exactly why I like him. Considering not so long ago we played as Bigby, I see Rhys as a nice change. I say be patient, I'm pretty sure Rhys will do some crazy stuff pretty soon:).

• K.

Clemenem posted: »

Then don't comment.

• K.

You also don't need to make thread if you stated the exact same thing on a different one.

Then don't comment.

• K.

You also don't need to make thread if you stated the exact same thing on a different one.

Then don't comment.

• K.

You also don't need to make thread if you stated the exact same thing on a different one YOU made.

Then don't comment.

• Then don't comment.

Listen, you already stated this before and we don't care.

• K.

You also don't need to make thread if you stated the exact same thing on a different one YOU made.

This glitch sucks, forgive these multiple replies in your feed.

Then don't comment.

• The fact that he is a "wimp" is what made him different to me. Lee, Bigby, Clem...they all can do their "badass" things and people rely a lot on them. Rhys isn´t that "badass", it makes him kinda refreshing in my opinion.

• He's an underdog; I like him BECAUSE he's a wimp, and it makes his few triumphant moments that much more exciting.

• Dude the fact he is a wimp is what makes him such a great character.

• An antihero is a leading character in a story who, unlike a traditional hero, acts in an unheroic manner and lacks conventional heroic qualities such as idealism, courage and morality.

That's Rhys :D

• A wimp, did you miss the part where he killed over a dozen men using a robot?

• I just love how so many people complain about CJ (GTA) being a whiny bitch while they praise Rhys like a warrior its bull shit.

TinyCarlos posted: »

Dude the fact he is a wimp is what makes him such a great character.

• What in the hell does CJ have to do with this or who brought him up? So random and irrelevant, try again.

I just love how so many people complain about CJ (GTA) being a whiny bitch while they praise Rhys like a warrior its bull shit.

• I'm just pointing out the hypocrisy of the gaming community.

thatguy97 posted: »

What in the hell does CJ have to do with this or who brought him up? So random and irrelevant, try again.

• edited November 2014

Or you're just making something out of nothing.

We like Rhys and you are comparing him to someone not even in the same genre.

I'm just pointing out the hypocrisy of the gaming community.

• Yeah. It's really funny seeing him try to play cool.

He gets pushed around a lot, an overall wimp. Call me crazy, but that is exactly why I like him. Considering not so long ago we play

• edited November 2014

Whoa, take a look at this thread. Did anyone deny the fact that Rhys is in fact kind of a wimp? I'm pretty sure they didn't, they certainly didn't claim he is a warrior. And I'm pretty sure the gaming community didn't brand CJ as a whiner,either. As far as I know, he is the most loved protagonist in the GTA franchise.

I'm just pointing out the hypocrisy of the gaming community.

• edited November 2014

Oh, absolutely!

Vaughn:"Alright, man. Let's get that Hyperion face on."

Yeah. It's really funny seeing him try to play cool.

• Well, most loved besides Johnny Klebitz and Trevor.

Whoa, take a look at this thread. Did anyone deny the fact that Rhys is in fact kind of a wimp? I'm pretty sure they didn't, they certainly

• You should check out the GTA Forums sometime. I know some Telltale Fans have said CJ is a whiny bitch if these same people disliked CJ for that but praise Rhys they just branded themselves hypocrites.

Whoa, take a look at this thread. Did anyone deny the fact that Rhys is in fact kind of a wimp? I'm pretty sure they didn't, they certainly

• "I will name my first born, Loader Bot."

The funny thing he was dead serious.

Oh, absolutely! Vaughn:"Alright, man. Let's get that Hyperion face on."

• The problem is that you're taking the game seriously. The game is a comedy. Good writing, bad writing, serious protagonist or not serious; it doesn't matter.

• I like him his infiltration plan was hilarious and he had great jokes.

• You're just mad because you didn't get your mind blown by him.

• I enjoyed how Rhys offset the usual heroic traits; can't say I've played a crooked (cyborg) businessman in a game before.

And it's a nice dynamic to have a lead that has to rely more on tech and creative planning to get through a conflict, as opposed to brute strength.

• edited November 2014

I disagree, his character gives opportunities for the MOST development and redemption. If he was automatically perfect in episode 1-that would be a problem. Obviously he has flaws, but that's based on living in a completely different environment then Fiona and Sasha. In fact, I like Fiona less based on the fact that she probably wont see as much character development as Rhys; unlike him,she wont have to change in order to survive in her environment. I also believe TTG wouldn't give us a static character, being the amazing story tellers they are. I respect your views, but maybe stay open? After all, were only on episode 1, and there's plenty of opportunities for Rhys to step up, grow into his own, and maybe throw in a laugh or two along the way.

• Rhys is one of the worst protagonist I've ever played

*Best

• No he wasn't, he even said "probably not".

"I will name my first born, Loader Bot." The funny thing he was dead serious.

• I was referring to the tone of his voice when he said it.

thatguy97 posted: »

No he wasn't, he even said "probably not".

• so just because he isn't kicking doors down like clem and bigby he automatically is the worst?

k

• Alt text

In my factual opinion he is one of the best protagonists I've ever played as. Definitely my favorite TTG protagonist.

• edited November 2014

You're right Rhys is a wimpy jerk .......... and i love him because of that lol

I hate it when games present people with a weak or vulnerable character but then they transform them into a super bad-ass the moment the action starts

This is why I was not a fan of the new tomb raider reboot because it set Laura up as this vulnerable character who doesn't like killing but then turns her into a mass murder the moment they give her a weapon

Im glad telltale made Rhys a wimp in the action scenes because it perfectly fits his character and its really funny when he try's to be a bad ass lol

• edited November 2014

He's not your typical hero , you don't need to be a hero in order to be a good protagonist, TT is trying different things and that's good,

• edited November 2014

I love how you can totally play him as a smug sarcastic ahole lol.

ps3gamer095 posted: »

He's not your typical hero , you don't need to be a hero in order to be a good protagonist, TT is trying different things and that's good,

• You are entitled to your opinion, though I have to disagree. I think Rhys is one of the best characters that Telltale have created.

• That's cute, because he's one of the best protagonists I've ever played

• Let's be honest it was only a matter of time before someone started bitching about something. Or trolling. Sooner or later you're gonna hear the same old

Sign in to comment in this discussion.