Tales from the Borderlands - Episode 1: Zer0 Sum available now

puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni

Alt text

The Tales from the Borderlands season premiere, Zer0 Sum, has been unleashed upon the world! Look for it on PC worldwide via Steam and the Telltale Games online store (Mac coming later this week!), PS4 and PS3 in North America (SCEA), and on Xbox One and Xbox 360 worldwide. The episode will be available on PS4 and PS3 in European (SCEE) territories next week on Wednesday, December 3. The series will also be coming to compatible iOS devices and to Android-based devices before the end of 2014. Stay tuned to Facebook, Twitter, and the Telltale Games blog for the latest details on release dates!

Want to know more about what's in store for Rhys and Fiona in this first episode of the season? Check out the launch trailer below!

Still on the fence? Here's what some folks in the press had to say about Episode 1: Zer0 Sum...

• GameSpot - 9/10 - "an adrenaline-fueled circus of frantic smooth-talk and constant motion that is definitively Borderlands from top to bottom"

• Destructoid - 9/10 - "Telltale really knocked it out of the park with this one. Tales from the Borderlands: Zer0 Sum is excellent"

• Entertainment Weekly - "another excellent and surprising entry in Telltale's brand of storytelling... Whether in the decision-making, the twists on expected narrative conventions, or just in how well the game captures both Gearbox and Telltale at their best, 'Zer0 Sum' is a tremendous start."

• GamesBeat - 96/100 - "Tales from the Borderlands' first episode is a fantastic introduction to what is sure to be an amazing franchise... If you are a fan of Borderlands, you will love it. If you are a fan of Telltale Games' previous franchises, you will love it. If you have a pulse and aren't easily offended, you will love it."

• IGN - "You don't need to be a hardcore Borderlands fan to love Tales From the Borderlands... Telltale has created a fantastic opening to a story rife with humor, interesting characters, powerful decisions, and effective mysteries. In the span of Episode 1: Zer0 Sum's two and a half hours, Rhys and Fiona became some of the best lead characters Telltale has ever created, and I’m entirely on board for their journey."

• Polygon - "Telltale has a confident take on the source material that leads to one of its best episodes yet... It's an enjoyable, violent and well-crafted introduction to the series. Episode 2 can't come soon enough."

• Badass Digest - "It's a Coenesque romp of crime, incompetence and catastrophe that drags its characters through a variety of environments and past a host of colourful characters... 'Zer0 Sum' is a refreshing return to comedy from the studio, and it paves an exciting path ahead for future episodes"

• Kotaku - "I was grinning pretty much the entire time... trust me, you'll laugh"

Comments

• Any word on when the episode is coming out for mac?

• I bought this game 24/11 and still can't play it because I F***ing have a mac when will you release the mac version -_- I have the walking dead season 1 and 2 the wolf among us and I pre-ordered this game but this is the last game I will pre-order from the telltale games btw I was thinking to pre-order game of thrones game but I won't ....

• Telltale has no control over their release dates, it's not their fault that the Mac version is taking so long to release.

TheYKGames posted: »

I bought this game 24/11 and still can't play it because I F***ing have a mac when will you release the mac version -_- I have the walking d

• They have complete control over when they say a game they are developing and publishing will be released.

They not only announced the date, they offered it for sale on Steam on that date. They then added a note after the fact saying essentially 'Oops! the Mac version isn't ready... follow us on Twitter for live updates'

1. They COULD have done that, say, the day before it was promised for sale.
    2. And they could have actually posted some updates on Twitter as they promised. Which they haven't.
    3. And they could have avoided then saying 'by the end of the week!' since that's come and gone.

It's not the end of the world and I won't stop playing their games because of this. But I'll be real wary next time and they wouldn't have lost so much trust if they'd just followed through on #2 ... which they still haven't.

Bigby-Wolf posted: »

Telltale has no control over their release dates, it's not their fault that the Mac version is taking so long to release.

• I agree, I think they should update us more on what's going on. Otherwise, people might get a little antsy and it's not good service to ignore their customers queries. But I don't blame it not being released on them, as that's a whole other story. They should definitely respond to us more though.

rocketr3d posted: »

They have complete control over when they say a game they are developing and publishing will be released. They not only announced the dat

This discussion has been closed.