Tales From The Borderlands "Coincidences"

InGen_Nate_KennyInGen_Nate_Kenny Moderator
edited November 2014 in Tales from the Borderlands

This game is full of "coincidences"

Acronym, TFTB rescrambled = BTTF, Back To The Future/

Sasha/Sarah Coincidences

Sasha pinkie promise.

Sarah pinkie promise.

Both begin with SA and have two As and an H. R comes before S SaSha, SaRah.

Both lost their father figures.

Both pinkie swears are optional.

Both occur in Episode 1.

Both occur away from other characters

Other Stuff

Henderson and Luke both floated in the cold emptiness of something.

Vasquez has a god-like beard, Kenny does as well.

Rhys has an eye problem, fake eye. Kenny has an eye problem, eye patch.

Tector and Troy similiarities.

Both begin with T, and have an O and R.

Both are bossed around, both aren't very smart.

Feel free to add more "things"

In my opinion: Alt text

Comments

• Did you take drugs....

:P

• I actually noticed this all.

Did you take drugs.... :P

• ...Conspiracy theorists...

:P

I actually noticed this all.

• Most of this is pointless rhetoric. You sound like you ate a bottle of adderall before you wrote this.

It also kinda sounds like you only made the thread for an excuse to post that gif.

I actually noticed this all.

• I actually noticed someone pointed out about the pinkie swear, so I posted the stuff I thought was eerily similar between Sarah and Sasha, and then it evolved into all this.

Someone posted that gif a while back and it stuck with me.

And, believe it or not, I am not or wasn't drunk, high, or in the Matrix when I posted this.

Piggs posted: »

Most of this is pointless rhetoric. You sound like you ate a bottle of adderall before you wrote this. It also kinda sounds like you only made the thread for an excuse to post that gif.

• edited November 2014

Rhys has a cybernetic hand. Ash from Poker Night at the Inventory has a mechanical hand. Guybrush from Tales of Monkey Island has a hook for a hand.

Ash's original hand became evil after he was possessed by a Candarian demon. Guybrush's original hand became evil after he was infected with the Pox of the Demon Pirate LeChuck. Rhys's hand became glitchy after he was infected with some sort of Handsome Jack AI virus. Handsome Jack is voiced by Dameon Clarke, whose first name kind of sounds like the word "demon."

• Patrick Warburton voices Vasquez and Brock from Poker Night 2. He was in Seinfeld. Newman was in Seinfeld. Newman was in Jurassic Park The Game. He stole Vasquez shaving cream.

thesporkman posted: »

Rhys has a cybernetic hand. Ash from Poker Night at the Inventory has a mechanical hand. Guybrush from Tales of Monkey Island has a hook for

• edited November 2014

In Sam and Max Season 1 Episode 2, Sam uses shaving cream in order to appear rapid. There is also a dog named Sam in Walking Dead Season 2. He is probably not rapid, because Clementine doesn't get rabies. Gromit from Wallace and Gromit is also a dog, as is Einstein from Back to the Future. In Back to the Future, Marty's hand starts to fade when he jeopardizes his future. Rhys, Ash, and Guybrush all have missing hands. Sam and Max own Jesse James's severed hand. The hand comes to life, much like Guybrush and Ash's hands, in Night of the Raving Dead, the episode where Sam and Max become zombies. There are many zombies in Walking Dead. There's a dog named Sam in Walking Dead. The Cheat from Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People is kind of like a dog, maybe, sort of, I guess. Bigby Wolf from Wolf Among Us is a wolf, which is much more like a dog. Dogs like bones. Telltale's first adventure game was Out from Boneville. Its sequel, The Great Cow Race, featured many cows. The same cow model from The Great Cow Race was used as the cow that the Midtown Cowboys are probably hiding in Sam and Max. Telltale finally created a new cow model for the cow in the Saint Johns' Dairy in Walking Dead. That cow was pregnant. Sybil was pregnant in the Sam and Max Season 3 finale. Sybil is married to the giant stone head of Abraham Lincoln. Andrew Lincoln plays Rick on the Walking Dead TV show. Telltale made a Walking Dead game. Buster Blaster from Sam and Max is a stand-up arcade game. Buster Blaster shouts everything he says. The Psychos in Tales from the Borderlands shout everything they say. Shouting kind of sounds like barking. Dogs bark. There are many dogs in Telltale's games. Dogs like bones. A skull is a type of bone. Murray from Tales of Monkey Island is a talking skull. There are skulls in the World of Curiosities in Tales from the Borderlands. Rhys and Vaughn pass a giant skull on their way to Prosperity Junction. There is a giant dragon skull in the vaults below the Red Keep in King's Landing in Game of Thrones. Telltale is making a Game of Thrones game, which may or may not have dragons in it. Dragons are kind of like dinosaurs. There are many dinosaurs in Telltale's Jurassic Park game. Dinosaurs have bones. Dogs like bones...

Okay, I'll stop.

Patrick Warburton voices Vasquez and Brock from Poker Night 2. He was in Seinfeld. Newman was in Seinfeld. Newman was in Jurassic Park The Game. He stole Vasquez shaving cream.

• My god, it all makes sense now! The Telltale continuity is restored!

In Sam and Max Season 1 Episode 2, Sam uses shaving cream in order to appear rapid. There is also a dog named Sam in Walking Dead Season 2.

• From Game of Thrones novel, "The World of Ice and Fire"

"In the forests south of Yeen, there are said to be apes that dwarf the largest giants, so powerful they can slay elephants with a single blow.

Farther south lie the regions known as the Green Hell, where beasts even more fearsome are said to dwell. There, if the tales are to be trusted, are caverns full of pale white vampire bats who can drain the blood from a man in minutes. Tattooed lizards stalk the jungles, running down their prey and ripping them apart with the long curved claws on their powerful hind legs. Snakes fifty feet long slither through the underbrush, and spotted spiders weave their webs amongst the great trees"

Velociraptors confirmed for Game of Thrones.

In Sam and Max Season 1 Episode 2, Sam uses shaving cream in order to appear rapid. There is also a dog named Sam in Walking Dead Season 2.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.