Present Looks

We all must've noticed Rhys and Fiona's updated looks in the present day part of the games. They seem older and nicer but the biggest thing I've noticed is Rhys's eye. In the past it is blue but in the present it is orange/brown.

Anybody have idea's for this change. I'm going to guess it's either upgraded or Jack caused it.

Comments

• I'm guessing that after Sasha used the EMP and/or Rhys used the Hyperion ID card that seems to be corrupted, he probably had a new arm and ECHO eye sometime in the future. Towards the end of Episode 1, you can see Rhys' tech start to malfunction.

• I really suspect he becomes the CEO of Hyperion in the later episodes like Ep.4. He looks a lot more...Slick...

I'm guessing that after Sasha used the EMP and/or Rhys used the Hyperion ID card that seems to be corrupted, he probably had a new arm and ECHO eye sometime in the future. Towards the end of Episode 1, you can see Rhys' tech start to malfunction.

• CEO seems like a bit of a large jump, but maybe he somehow strikes it rich with something related to the Vault Key - even if he doesn't get to cash it in. That's my guess for now.

I really suspect he becomes the CEO of Hyperion in the later episodes like Ep.4. He looks a lot more...Slick...

• I pretty sure finding a vault gets you automatic promotions in Borderlands.

CEO seems like a bit of a large jump, but maybe he somehow strikes it rich with something related to the Vault Key - even if he doesn't get to cash it in. That's my guess for now.

• My guess is that we'll catch up to the present in Episode 5.

• I did notice that. I wonder how much time has past between Episode 1 and the "present" scenes. Both Fiona and Rhys look pretty badass in those scenes, too. Who's the mask guy, too Anyway, I think we might catch up to the present at the end of Episode 4 and then continue it in Episode 5...

• edited November 2014

I think Fiona's wearing the costume you can look at in the Caravan.

• I think the scene where Rhys is getting dragged must be in the final Episode.
    Because there are no other flashbacks than their past.

• In my playthrough, nobody used the EMP on Rhys. I made Fiona hesitate when given the option to put it on the briefcase.

I'm guessing that after Sasha used the EMP and/or Rhys used the Hyperion ID card that seems to be corrupted, he probably had a new arm and ECHO eye sometime in the future. Towards the end of Episode 1, you can see Rhys' tech start to malfunction.

• Well enough time has passed for the guy on the billboard to be a skeleton and the town to be in ruins.

I did notice that. I wonder how much time has past between Episode 1 and the "present" scenes. Both Fiona and Rhys look pretty badass in tho

• Ah nice catch! I didn't notice that.

Well enough time has passed for the guy on the billboard to be a skeleton and the town to be in ruins.

• That's the first thing I noticed, it seems completely forgotten other than that one guy who kidnaps them.

Ah nice catch! I didn't notice that.

• I remember seeing the hanging skeleton and I remember seeing the hanging psycho. I just hadn't put two and two together until now.

That's the first thing I noticed, it seems completely forgotten other than that one guy who kidnaps them.

• I'm watching LP's on it now just to see if I can spot anything else.

It's easier looking for small details when you aren't playing. :P

I remember seeing the hanging skeleton and I remember seeing the hanging psycho. I just hadn't put two and two together until now.

• I watched a let's play too. I've only managed to watch it once though and the only thing I caught was the bottle of Banang in the bar :P

I'm watching LP's on it now just to see if I can spot anything else. It's easier looking for small details when you aren't playing. :P

• I also like watching other people's decisions and see how they corresponded to mine.

I watched a let's play too. I've only managed to watch it once though and the only thing I caught was the bottle of Banang in the bar :P

• Yeah that's why I watch them too, and with the choices in this game, I'd say there are some drastically different outcomes so I'd like to go back and watch them.

I also like watching other people's decisions and see how they corresponded to mine.

• It could be some Atlas tech since they are in that place with the prototypes at the end.

• An Atlas ECHO eye?

I doubt Rhys would exchange his echo eye right there and I don't think Rhys would turn over to Atlas.

It could be some Atlas tech since they are in that place with the prototypes at the end.

• I don't know anything about Borderlands and I doubt they would do it right then also but they could bring it with them unless Atlas does not make that sort of thing.

An Atlas ECHO eye? I doubt Rhys would exchange his echo eye right there and I don't think Rhys would turn over to Atlas.

• My first little question was a little doubt.

I don't know much about Borderlands but i'm almost sure that Atlas is gone by now.

I don't know anything about Borderlands and I doubt they would do it right then also but they could bring it with them unless Atlas does not make that sort of thing.

• Cool. when they were talking about the stuff they found they did say it was old.

My first little question was a little doubt. I don't know much about Borderlands but i'm almost sure that Atlas is gone by now.

• Yeah. there are references throughout that Atlas is gone.

Either the Bandits or Fiona and Sasha say that Atlas hurt Pandora but not as much as Hyperion did and that Bandits control an old Atlas facility and that all the tech is old.

Cool. when they were talking about the stuff they found they did say it was old.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.