Telltale store pre-orders?

edited November 2014 in Game Of Thrones

Will there be Game of Thrones pre-orders on Telltale store or is it going to be like it was with the Tales from the Borderlands?

I certainly hope that this time it's not going to be as awful as it was with TftB, which is still 10% cheaper on Steam than it is on Telltale store. It almost feels like that Telltale doesn't want you to order the game directly from them without the middleman. Hopefully this time there will be equal treatment of all customers.

Comments

• I bought TftB after the fact and that was the first TellTale game I have ever done that with since my first, TOMI. I have always pre-ordered. Does this mean GOT will not have this option? The one reason I don't buy the games on Steam is I like to keep all my TellTale titles in one place.

• edited November 2014

It will will probably be handled the same way as Tales from the Borderlands: You can buy it on release day in in the Telltale store.

• Is there any particular reason they are doing this now when all other past games have had a preorder option....at least all of the ones I have bought?

Abel posted: »

It will will probably be handled the same way as Tales from the Borderlands: You can buy it on release day in in the Telltale store.

• I just hope that the servers will not crash on the 2nd and that it will still be possible to order the game here...

• edited November 2014

Indeed that is the case. I've been pre-ordering games from Telltale store since Tales of Monkey Island and about year ago I pre-ordered both The Wolf Among Us and The Walking Dead Season 2 from Telltale store. Back then we got the same pre-order price as the Steam customers. But this time it seems that we're out of luck and I certainly would like to know why Telltale store customers don't get the opportunity to pre-order.

Dameon2k posted: »

Is there any particular reason they are doing this now when all other past games have had a preorder option....at least all of the ones I have bought?

• Can any of the Mods give us a heads up or find out by a TellTale Staff member why this is the case? I've always bought my games here because I want the money to go directly to TellTale....

Indeed that is the case. I've been pre-ordering games from Telltale store since Tales of Monkey Island and about year ago I pre-ordered both

• We know as much as you do, and would be lucky to get a comment from Telltale staff as they are very busy with the two game launches. I at least assume they are already aware of the confusion internally.

My guess is that, after the Collector's DVDs for Walking Dead and Wolf Among Us lacked behind the scenes features that were initially proposed as a possibility, they chose not to offer pre-orders for the current two series as they didn't know for sure if they would have the time to offer any bonus incentives.

Dameon2k posted: »

Can any of the Mods give us a heads up or find out by a TellTale Staff member why this is the case? I've always bought my games here because I want the money to go directly to TellTale....

• It seems odd that I can pre-order this through Steam yet I can't through the telltale store.

• So, no pre-orders and 10% discount for us then. However there seems to be "coming soon" -text, which at least seems to indicate that, at some point in the future, it will possible to buy the game from Telltale store. However it doesn't say that it will be available today (there's release date only for Steam version on Telltale's store page).

• edited December 2014

Actually I take this complaint back. The game was actually cheaper on TTG's own store than on Steam.

So, no pre-orders and 10% discount for us then. However there seems to be "coming soon" -text, which at least seems to indicate that, at som

• Yeah Kudos for Telltale to make up the difference. So I'm guessing this is how they will work it out now. Probably less of a headache to do it this way then setup all the preorder stuff. These last two games have been so good I can hardly complain. I know nothing of Borderlands and love the Tales game so far. Already a huge GOT fan so it wasn't hard to sell me on that one.

Actually I take this complaint back. The game was actually cheaper on TTG's own store than on Steam.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.