How big is Ironrath?

I can't get over this--how big is Ironrath actually? Judging from all of the photos/videos we've seen of it, it looks incredibly small, which is why I was wondering if that's just where the family and their direct servants reside, or is it that small of a house? I wouldn't think it'd be that small of an area, even though I know it's minor compared to the Starks, or even the Glovers. I mean, they wouldn't have had much to provide to Robb Stark during TWOTFK if that was everything, would they...?

I guess what I'm asking is if that miniature palace we've seen from all of the teasers TT has given us is all of Ironrath.

Comments

• edited November 2014

lt probably is. They're just bannerman, and all of the people that live there are the Forresters and probably some peasants.

• It's small because there lives probably just the Forresters and the small amount of servants they have. I'm not expert with northern clans but I think that the men that marched to war with Gregor and Rodrik Forrester are mostly just peasants that live in their lands. And yes the amount of men they give to Robbs army is probably very small. I'd see them more as a part of Glovers army (which ofc is a part of Robbs army).

• Yep, since they're bannermen to House Glover, they are also part of their army, and only indirectly of the Starks.

It's small because there lives probably just the Forresters and the small amount of servants they have. I'm not expert with northern clans b

• Small in size, big in spirit. :)

I can't wait to see how Ironrath is and how the Forresters are.

• These last days sure are painful....

Ironrath is one of the most interesting places to see since it has not been in the show.

Small in size, big in spirit. I can't wait to see how Ironrath is and how the Forresters are.

• edited December 2014

Hey buddy, just to provide some context into House Forrester; you probably guessed but they supply lumber/wood to most of the North, so you've got a lot of lumberjacks and woodsmen living there. Now they're a small house and very minor. At the start of the War of the Five Kings, Robb had 18,000 soldiers from across the North. It's safe to assume Ironrath has a keep, several small houses, a smithy and a lumber mill or logging camp as well as a small militia ground. Meaning it's a minor settlement. Lord Gregor and his eldest son Rodrik likely took a small force with them, I'd put the size of the houses personal army at around 150-300 soldiers but no more, baring in mind the majority of these have gone off to war and a lot of them will have died. Now, they've come from family's, now this isn't just applying to Ironrath but also the small villages/camps around it I think you're looking at a population of about 500 for their lands in general.

As for Ironrath, they'll have servants who'll number at least ten, a household guard, which can be anywhere from twenty-five to fifty men, a few workers and that's about it- so they and their family's will all live in or around Ironrath.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.