So the moral of the story is....

don't judge the game before it comes out because telltale won't disappoint

this game was hated by nearly every forum user i spoke to when it was announced and as the months went on it got some support but still the majority thought it was stupid and look at it now everyone is going on about how great it is and tbh it is better than a couple of twd episodes (in harms way, amid the ruins, around every corner imo) and if twd fans don't like that well....

Alt text

and yes i know how the telltale hate cycle goes but i feel this one was the worst and most hated

Comments

• Umm... sure? Iunno, I just got on the forums from the Gearbox Forums just a day or two ago.

I don't know about the forums in general, but I love the idea of a Telltale Borderlands game as I loved the lore of the games, but it felt wish-y wash-y and sometimes it's not even cannon with itself with all it's plot holes. I thought if people stepped back from the shooting, and in this case focused on the mythos explained from both a connected corporate man, and baddass con-artist of a woman and the choices you help them make, then it would solidify what we knew and know about the universe.

Sounds really nerdy, but really what I mean is: "STORY IS INTERESTING BUT LOOT AND SHOOT GET IN WAY THIS NICE CHANGE OF PACE"

• Bruh, literally the same thing happened with TWD and TWAU, It's an endless cycle that will never end. ;___;

• It was the same with The Wolf Among Us, according to BlinSniper, people would accuse it of delaying The Walking Dead Season 2 (I really hate it when people say Telltale, or any company, should only make one specific kind of game) or that it just wouldn't be interesting.

Look where we are now. It'll be the same with every future title, it's a vicious cycle.

• if you were here in december last year or basically if you were here throughout the whole of this year you would know what i am talking about pretty much nearly everyone was against the idea of this game but while some grew to like it the majority still were against it until it came out and yea it is interesting

Umm... sure? Iunno, I just got on the forums from the Gearbox Forums just a day or two ago. I don't know about the forums in general, but

• yea i know but i feel it was a lot worse with this one

Green613 posted: »

Bruh, literally the same thing happened with TWD and TWAU, It's an endless cycle that will never end. ;___;

• edited November 2014

It's not as bad compared to that one time where someone actually petitioned for Telltlae to not make the Walking Dead game

• I always knew Tales was going to be good, but I didnt think it was going to be THIS good

• Man, I wish that guy was still around, the very first thread created and it was basically hate mail.

J-Master posted: »

It's not as bad compared to that one time where someone actually petitioned for Telltlae to not make the Walking Dead game

• i wasn't around for that but i have seen it i don't know how anyone would take it seriously

J-Master posted: »

• edited November 2014

Moral of the story is for people to realize Telltale is not just a Walking Dead company and that they aren't wasting their time with these other games, which are equally amazing if not better.

• Well, I'll admit the errors of my way. I actually thought Borderlands would be a meh game and that GoT would be even worse. Luckily, at least the former of my early opinions was completely incorrect. Hopefully the latter will be wrong as well :D

• edited November 2014

Before:

Alt text

After:

Alt text

The majority in a nutshell.

• i didn't have doubts about it or hate it. I just thought i'd try this game

Sign in to comment in this discussion.