Next Time on Tales from the Borderlands

I wanted to make this thread to see if anyone found anything interesting on the Next Time segment. It went by pretty fast compared to the other games and I didn't catch most of it, so if anyone has pictures they want to share, here's the place.

Comments

• I found the music for it to be pretty interestingly awesome :P

• Haha, I just took some pictures. Like... 10 minutes ago. What a coincidence. :D Let me just upload them.

• edited November 2014

For a split second there was a "contracts" list and the last not "terminated" name on it is Fiona. So somebody's after her. Well, that's not really news

• XD

Nice job Pipas!

Pipas posted: »

Haha, I just took some pictures. Like... 10 minutes ago. What a coincidence. Let me just upload them.

• I saw Jimbo Hodunk riding Tector.

• If you get a picture we could figure out who the others were and possibly find out if it's a returning character hunting them down.

darlingno posted: »

For a split second there was a "contracts" list and the last not "terminated" name on it is Fiona. So somebody's after her. Well, that's not really news

• Possibly August's friends are hunting Fiona and Sasha down.

I saw Jimbo Hodunk riding Tector.

• August punches Vaughn outside the Purple Skag.

• This guy has white hair it looks like and I have not seen a suit like that and what the hell is that cat thing

Alt text

• That's creepy...

This guy has white hair it looks like and I have not seen a suit like that and what the hell is that cat thing

• Why would Vaughn go there?

ninoobz posted: »

August punches Vaughn outside the Purple Skag.

• edited November 2014

Some kind of ship?

Alt text

Hodunks

Alt text

Little robot

Alt text

Helios shooting at Rhys while Jack is enjoying himself

Alt text

Alt text

Athena's shield (Athena confirmed?)

Alt text

August hits Vaughn

Alt text

Fiona draws her gun

Alt text

Fiona on a hit list

Alt text

Alt text

August

Alt text

Sasha in a storm

Alt text

Springs! And looks like Sasha is pissed at her

Alt text

No idea

Alt text

This doesn't look good for Rhys

Alt text

The Vault?

Alt text

• It's a (robotic, in this case?) Maneki-neko! It's supposed to be lucky :D

This guy has white hair it looks like and I have not seen a suit like that and what the hell is that cat thing

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator
    edited November 2014

That Beth Rosen person on that list, she looks like that woman on the episode 3 screen.

Alt text

Alt text

(On closer examination, the eyepatch would be on the wrong eye so that possibility is out, however I notice in the "contracts" screenshot that there are bugs and books on a shelf, it looks like it'll be a civilized killer).

Some kind of ship? Hodunks Little robot Helios shooting at Rhys while Jack is enjoying himself Athena's shie

• Damn, beat me to it XD

those glowing eyes though...

ninoobz posted: »

It's a (robotic, in this case?) Maneki-neko! It's supposed to be lucky

• Some kind of ship?

Looks Hyperion

Hodunks

Working for August maybe?

Little robot

On the Hyperion ship maybe?

Helios shooting at Rhys while Jack is enjoying himself

Shooting what? Missles...Loaderbots?

Athena's shield (Athena confirmed?)

Most likely.

August hits Vaughn

Why is Vaughn at the bar?

Fiona draws her gun

I won't be able to shoot it. :P

Fiona on a hit list

Do we know any hitmen or mercs?

August

Wounded hand too.

Sasha in a storm

No prediction here.

Springs! And looks like Sasha is pissed at her

Wonder what Springs did...

No idea

That thing is still creepy.

This doesn't look good for Rhys

It doesn't but we know Rhys lives.

The Vault?

No...Looks more like a mining operation.

Some kind of ship? Hodunks Little robot Helios shooting at Rhys while Jack is enjoying himself Athena's shie

• Shooting what? Missles...Loaderbots?

Yeah, missiless are more likely. Loader Bots usually don't explode when they land. Usually... :P

Alt text

Wounded hand too.

Yeah, and that's from playthrough when Fiona doesn't shoot at him. I guess Telltale didn't want to do 2 different previews. :P

Some kind of ship? Looks Hyperion Hodunks Working for August maybe? Little robot On the Hyperion ship ma

• Yeah, missiless are more likely. Loader Bots usually don't explode when they land. Usually... :P

Well you didn't show that picture. XD

Yeah, and that's from playthrough when Fiona doesn't shoot at him. I guess Telltale didn't want to do 2 different previews. :P

Yeah...

Shooting what? Missles...Loaderbots? Yeah, missiless are more likely. Loader Bots usually don't explode when they land. Usually... :

• This doesn't look good for Rhys

Looks like Vasquez made him dig his own grave..or something.

Some kind of ship? Looks Hyperion Hodunks Working for August maybe? Little robot On the Hyperion ship ma

• "Now, what was that you said last time we talked? 'Scratch your own nuts'? I believe I got a good grip right about now."

I see it as he coming out of a temple or building covered in sand and Vasquez is right there when he comes out. "Thanks Rhys for doing the hard work...Now assistant vice janitor, hand over the prize."

• I see it as he coming out of a temple or building covered in sand and Vasquez is right there when he comes out.

"Thanks Rhys for doing the hard work...Now assistant vice janitor, hand over the prize."

BlueShadiw posted: »

This doesn't look good for Rhys Looks like Vasquez made him dig his own grave..or something.

• edited November 2014

"Now, what was that you said last time we talked? 'Scratch your own nuts'? I believe I got a good grip right about now."

I hung up but after he says that I could see Fiona or someone hitting him allowing Rhys to tackle him.

@BlueShadiw

I see it as he coming out of a temple or building covered in sand and Vasquez is right there when he comes out. "Thanks Rhys for doing the hard work...Now assistant vice janitor, hand over the prize."

• Quick skirmish between Rhys and Vasquez

Rhys grabs the gun

"Rule Number 1, Vasquez. Humility." Shoots Vasquez in the dick

Man, Telltale has an obsession with dick shots :P

"Now, what was that you said last time we talked? 'Scratch your own nuts'? I believe I got a good grip right about now." I hung up but after he says that I could see Fiona or someone hitting him allowing Rhys to tackle him. @BlueShadiw

• Then he'll make rule number 3 about a number 2 and shit on Assquez face.

Quick skirmish between Rhys and Vasquez Rhys grabs the gun "Rule Number 1, Vasquez. Humility." Shoots Vasquez in the dick Man, Telltale has an obsession with dick shots :P

• and shit on Assquez face.

Alt text

papai46 posted: »

Then he'll make rule number 3 about a number 2 and shit on Assquez face.

• The Ship looks like a constructor bot, kinda.

• My best guess is August will be hunting down Sasha and Fiona while trying to learn more about the Gortys Project.

• Eh, I wouldn't rule the possibility out completely. It's just too much of a coincidence that she looks so similar and also has a blind eye. Maybe she was supposed to have right blind eye but they later changed it and forgot about her picture being in the preview?

dojo32161 posted: »

That Beth Rosen person on that list, she looks like that woman on the episode 3 screen. (On closer examination, the eyepatch woul

• I saw Janey Springs being pushed by Sasha.

• Yep.

Alt text

MarijaaNo7 posted: »

I saw Janey Springs being pushed by Sasha.

• Vasquez' description would include male genitals.

This doesn't look good for Rhys Looks like Vasquez made him dig his own grave..or something.

• Why not piss on it, after all he seems to be obsessed with that.

papai46 posted: »

Then he'll make rule number 3 about a number 2 and shit on Assquez face.

• I think that hole is the one that that guy who got shot in the throat in the beginning dug up. Not sure though, could just be being re-used for the preview.

• I made the "Next time on..." to a gif and slowed it down a bit. Sorry about the quality, but the original gif was just too big. Not that this one isn't, but the previous one was twice as big. :D

Alt text

• Interesting that Handsome Jack's A.I. thing appears before that symbol on Athena's shield goes up.

• Yeah, I think he's not supposed to be there, because he disappears instantly. And since he was in the previous scene, I think they just forgot to take him out of that scene. :D

dojo32161 posted: »

Interesting that Handsome Jack's A.I. thing appears before that symbol on Athena's shield goes up.

• With Athena's shield... the logo on it is the greek letter for "Omega".

Some things about this:

1) Omega Squad was one of the elite bands of female assassins trained and deployed by the Crimson Lance (Atlas Corporation's private military, now defunct like the corporation itself). Athena was part of this squad, and now she isn't.

2) Jack's appearance near the shield would indicate it's somewhat involved in the gang's hunt for Atlas tech.

I'm gambling that the shield is either another version of the Aspis, or it's actually Athena's shield, which would explain Janey's appearance. It must have something to do with the Vault's location.

• Well, he is standing in a different position, but you might be right.

Yeah, I think he's not supposed to be there, because he disappears instantly. And since he was in the previous scene, I think they just forgot to take him out of that scene.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.