What Monkey Island games do you already own?

Now that Telltale is releasing more Monkey Island goodness, I feel like replaying the old ones, so I dug them all out from my collection here.

Here they are (I forgot to include the strategy guides and the Sega CD version) -

mistuff.jpg

So which ones do you guys have? I suspect a lot here have all of them :D

Comments

• edited June 2009
    I think you win.

I have the boxed release of EMI, and the CMI version that came with Monkey Island Madness. I also have Secret on a "classic games" disc that came with PC Gamer some ten years ago.
  • edited June 2009
    Only one copy of The DIG? Come on!
  • edited June 2009
    taumel wrote: »
    Only one copy of The DIG? Come on!
    The budget version isn't visible in the picture :cool:
  • edited June 2009
    I have all four games in their original boxes (SMI and MI2 on 3.5"-disks and CMI and EMI on CDs), as well as the "white label" box with both SMI and MI2 on one CD. Also, I have EMI for PS2, though I have only played the PC version.
  • edited June 2009
    Aw, man, I'd pay a fortune for your Collector's Edtion. :D
    By the way, I own all of the games, 2 copies of MI2.
  • edited June 2009
    You should rather want the FM Towns version of MI2 in that picture, that one is crazy expensive :eek:
    I almost regret buying it, I could use some extra cash these days.
  • edited June 2009
    Armakuni wrote: »
    The budget version isn't visible in the picture :cool:

Higher Justice as it isn't a budget game.
  • edited June 2009
    Higher Justice? Is this some reference I should be getting? I don't get it :eek:
  • edited June 2009
    You wanna know how many adventure games I own that aren't made by telltale? Two! And they're "Freddi Fish" 4 and 5. :(
  • edited June 2009
    taumel wrote: »
    Higher Justice as it isn't a budget game.
    Since I have no idea what that sentence means, and it was in reply to the part about the Dig budget version... here's a picture of it -

DSCI0218.jpg
  • edited June 2009
    Hey i just wanted to state that it's somehow alright as The DIG is no budget game at all, it deserves more as it's simply the adventure game for me even before MI1, Broken Sword1, LOOM, DOTT, Full Throttle, Portal, ...
  • edited June 2009
    Oh I see. Yes, it's a very good game indeed. Extremely good, in fact.

Here are a few more shots -

Monkey Island 4 box close up, showing the 'golden' signatures on there (was some limited edition thing way back when) -

DSCI0212.jpg

Better look at the very rare FM Towns version of MI2 -

DSCI0214.jpg
  • edited June 2009
    Amazing collection!!!I have MI1 and 2 with both foppy and CD version and the 3 and 4 in CD!!!!But nice picture!!
  • edited June 2009
    i have all of them.

i just want to also say that THE DIG is absolutely one of the best adventures ever.
  • edited June 2009
    Yep, if i ever would have the chance working on a sequel to The DIG or something similar, this is something i would quit my job and relocate for. This game has again and again been part of my life and led to so many experiences made with different kind of people. *sigh* in a positive way ;O)
  • edited June 2009
    Have all Monkey Island games and the rest of the Lucas adventure collection
  • edited June 2009
    Armakuni dude !!! What the ?!?! And I thought I had a big collection of good old adventures ... I have all the Monkey Island games and A LOT of Lucas Arts games but not as much ...
  • edited June 2009
    Hey, cool... someone added a poll to this thread... should've done so myself, but forgot all about that option.

Here's a little look inside the manual of the manual for the FM Towns version of Monkey Island 2 -

DSCI0217.jpg
  • edited June 2009
    All four, though I had to buy the "Monkey Island Madness" pack to get MI1 and MI2. Two copies of MI3 plus I've bought at least 5 copies of it for nieces, godkids, etc. One copy of MI4 in the gold-signature box, and I still have the magnet mural that came with it on my fridge.
  • edited June 2009
    Alright, not exactly related, but since I've posted all my other pictures in this thread... I found this old junk when looking for the MI games, took pictures of this as well.

First off, two little toys that don't even look like Manny :D
    They're these... these little figures where when you push a button at the bottom there, they collapse... and stand back up when you let go of the button. No idea what toys like that are called.

1-1.jpg

And here we have... a Lucasarts yo-yo :D

2-1.jpg

And a soundtrack CD -

3-1.jpg
  • edited June 2009
    Very nice collection Armakuni!
  • edited June 2009
    Alright, last pictures I took... some more Lucasarts oddities -

6.jpg

7.jpg
  • edited June 2009
    I forgot to mention.. I have the Amiga versions of the two first games as well (and some other LA titles)... never sold those when I sold my Amiga (still regret doing that!) years ago.
  • edited June 2009
    Aw, man, I'd pay a fortune for your Collector's Edtion. :D
    By the way, I own all of the games, 2 copies of MI2.

Dont shoot me guys, im in need of cash :S

I'm willing to sell my Collectors Edition
  • edited June 2009
    wow x2 makes me angry i had that flood.. i still have a few things but wow...

that CE id buy if i knew what made it complete vs what you had
    the mckracken stuff is awesome.. im soo still looking for those noseglasses .. NUDGE NUDGE.. you know who im talking to.. yeaaaaaaaa you..
    lol
  • edited June 2009
    Man I didn't know loom was liked that much
  • edited June 2009
    I downloaded all the earlier versions, but since I felt that this project was a sincere one and more like long-time fans creating something non-mainstream, definetly for making money but also for just pure love of the genre, I pre-ordered.

Also, there's no way I'll replay MI1 now, when a remake is out on the horizon. I'll most likely smoke a lot of weed right before I play the remake so I forget stuff and just get lost within this wonderful world.
  • edited June 2009
    Shiversul wrote: »
    Dont shoot me guys, im in need of cash :S

I'm willing to sell my Collectors Edition

You'll regret it. :) Why not asking your parents or so?
  • edited June 2009
    Probably the best place to ask this,
    but is there any place where I can buy the original two games besides eBay? In the box and stuff? I'd take Shiversul's offer but, I actually own the last two games, so sorry buddy... There's definately someone out there who wants all the games :).
  • edited June 2009
    :eek: That's an impressive collection!
    I got into gaming too late to have been able to buy MI 1 and 2 firsthand (I would've been 2 and 4 at the time, respectively, anyway). I got MI 4 for my birthday 7 years ago, and I recently bought MI 3. Now I'm looking to buy MI 1 and 2 too. Which leads me to my question: which version of the games are on the "White Label" edition of MI 1 and 2?
    Because I like my MI 1 with stump joke :p
  • edited June 2009
    1,2 and 4

i owned 3 once, but lend it to a "friend" and never got it back...
  • edited July 2009
    All of them... or almost
    I bought 1 and 2 on Amiga, but haven't the disks anymore
    I still got the box, the Dial-a-Pirate, and the manuals
    I have the 3 and 4 on PC
    And just preordered the Telltale one... and wait fot the reedition of Monkey1 (the best one I find). I hope both will be in french too.
  • edited July 2009
    Hi,

Just wondering with the Monkey Island Madness pack do you get 1 disc with all on it or do you get a disc/discs for each game, also does anyone know if it is possible to run these versions of SOMI and MI2:LR on windows without ScummVM?

Also did they ever release COMI or EFMI with just 1 disc to install the game or was it always 2 discs?
  • edited July 2009
    I was introduced to Monkey Island a good decade or so after the fact. I got SoMI off of a PC Gamer disc that my older brother borrowed from one of his friends, at which point I became hooked and nearly pissed myself when I found out that there were sequels. I could only find MI2 on ebay, and the one I actually managed to get (fourth graders don't have lots of money, you know) was the Kixx XL version from the UK. I got CMI and EMI in jewel cases (no boxes) from Amazon.

@Armakuni:
    I can NOT believe you have the FM-Towns version of Loom. Just looking at the box is making me green with envy.

Also, anime Zak McKracken is f-ing win. It'd be hilarious if they had done the same thing for Indy.
  • edited July 2009
    MI1 (VGA) German
    MI1 (VGA) English
    MI2 (VGA) German
    MI2 (VGA) English
    CMI (German)
    EMI (German)
  • edited July 2009
    I have the white label MI 1&2 big box (first game I ever bought)
    LucasArts Classics: The Curse of Monkey Island big box
    Escape from Monkey Island big box
    Classic Adventures big box
    LucasArts Archives vol. 3 big box

And those are just the ones with Monkey Island ;) I own every LucasArts adventure game. Some I own more than one copy of.

And Armakuni... what is the difference between your Grim Fandangos? You have 3 copies of the game but I wouldn't have thought there was many re-releases for that game o.O
  • edited July 2009
    Just COMI and EFMI in the purple classic dvd boxes but i have played the first 2 over and over again elsewhere i did have a copy of the ps2 version of EFMI but i wanted it for pc to fit in with my other adventure games (All broken swords lol).
  • edited July 2009
    I'm looking to collect the White Label boxes, so far only got Full Throttle and Sam & Max Hit The Road, Monkey Island 1&2 always goes for a high price. Also own Curse of Monkey Island Big Box original. I used to have the Monkey Island Bounty pack but being a kid at the time I threw all the box and stuff out and only kept Monkey Island 1&2 Discs and Curse of Monkey Island, I later gave Curse to a friend for Xmas as he never finished Curse because his brother lost it.
  • edited July 2009
    Ash735 wrote: »
    I'm looking to collect the White Label boxes, so far only got Full Throttle and Sam & Max Hit The Road, Monkey Island 1&2 always goes for a high price. Also own Curse of Monkey Island Big Box original. I used to have the Monkey Island Bounty pack but being a kid at the time I threw all the box and stuff out and only kept Monkey Island 1&2 Discs and Curse of Monkey Island, I later gave Curse to a friend for Xmas as he never finished Curse because his brother lost it.

Does the bounty back come with DVD size cases for all the games or is it just 1 disc? and do you know if they can run on a vista computer without ScummVM?
  • edited July 2009
    I have Day of the Tentacle and Curse of Monkey Island. Have Sam & Max Episodes from Telltale Games too.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.