Well done Telltale!! Superb work

So I just played through the first episode of TFTB and it was great
at first I was sceptical because I only know Telltale for their serious games (TWAU and TWD) but damm this episode was entertaining
Finally 2hrs too!! Great characters (Love Rhys and Fiona) funny story etc.
Already hyped for Episode 2!

Comments

• edited November 2014

I was just going to post a thread the same so ill just put my thoughts here instead if thats good with you :)

Ive never player borderlands so I was a bit sceptical, but as a fan of TTG I knew what they could do (there reputation sold me this game) so went ahead and purchased it..

The story was explained from the word go, so I was into the story from the off, I wasn't alienated which I was thankfull for, after that it was just FUN FUN FUN..

It's not the TWD, its not gripping in anyway, the story is VERY light, but I mean that in the best possible way, I felt exhausted after playing TWD S1 (any ep) but TFTB is more ...... relaxing it's like putting your feet up with your favourite comedy/action/drama.. I felt refeshed after playing it,.

None of the jokes or funny bits felt forced (somthing many games seem to find impossible to pull off for some reason) it flowed beautifully, there never felt "patches" of humour, it was just laced with it from start to finish...

I really liked the play on time, somthing im not a fan of for the most part, as most games just carnt pull it off but TTG did a fantastic job..

The cast are brilliant, bearing in mind this is not a character development type of story/game like the Twd, but we get enough of the characters to get the story over, and the humour that comes up on this journey is fantastic....

Im sold for the series, this looks like its going to fun!

• This game had me smirking and laughing the whole way. I'm a fan of the Borderlands universe and I thought Telltale did an impressive job with this game, perhaps even better than 2 if only because they told good jokes that had nothing to do with pop-culture references which Gearbox seems to always do and it just dates the game. Each character seemed likable (even the evil ones), the graphics fit the Telltale and Borderlands formula, and the soundtrack was damn good. My only gripes were some glitches and bugs that plagued my first play-through, but other than that I can't wait for the rest of this series.

• with the funny moments in the game it had a solid intesting story, really liked the whole nakyama's jack clone ai thing in your head. cant wait for the next episode

• Yea I had a few glitches too.. maimly the first few sec of cutscenes stoping and repeating.. XB1 btw

DoubleJump posted: »

This game had me smirking and laughing the whole way. I'm a fan of the Borderlands universe and I thought Telltale did an impressive job wit

• Right. I think it was much longer than previous games. Music was just great. Mr Emerson-Johnson one more time seems to be a real great composer. About jokes... I felt like we are back in old Telltale games like Tales of Monkey Island or Sam and Max. I was just laughing and laughing all the way through. I love this kind of story, you know... narrative. So much happened already and there are still four episodes... now I'm buying and playing original Borderlands probably.

• It was great, but I'm rather torn.

On the one hand, praise should be given for an excellent product, but on the other hand, I don't want them to become too proud. If they were too proud, they'd be comfortable. If they were comfortable, they might be more easygoing. If they were more easygoing, the product might be less polished and of a lesser quality. I think creators of anything should always be at least a little nervous. If you're worrying what people will think, you'll work harder to refine your game and look for flaws. They didn't seem to worry too much about TWD S2, and we all know how that turned out.

• I totally agree! I loved TWD and TWAU, but TFTB was so much action, fun and just pure awesomeness that I now can't wait for the next episode to come up! I hope it will continue to be as awesome as the first episode has been.

• Well, I wasn't skeptical, because I know TellTale for their hilarious games, (Sam and Max, Wallace and Gromit, That bad-ass Homestar Runner video game they made back in 08.)

• edited November 2014

Weren't you the same guy who went around the forums in the past saying that Telltale shouldn't make this game?

• "because I only know Telltale for their serious games (TWAU and TWD)"

They're just as good at being funny. My all-time favourite Telltale series Sam & Max is a comedy. So in a sense, this was them more returning back to their roots of doing lighthearted comedy.

• He had a change of heart.

Alt text

Weren't you the same guy who went around the forums in the past saying that Telltale shouldn't make this game?

• I just got finished playing the first episode and it was a lot of fun. I laughed a lot and there was a plenty of action. I wasnt sure how they could adapt a game that was mostly a first person shooter but they did a fine job.

• I also enjoyed the music. Only problem I had was that it could be a bit too loud. I couldnt hear the dialogue sometimes. That was all. Otherwise, great.

GF1115 posted: »

Right. I think it was much longer than previous games. Music was just great. Mr Emerson-Johnson one more time seems to be a real great compo

• I definitely had more fun playing this than TWD.

Yumiko posted: »

I totally agree! I loved TWD and TWAU, but TFTB was so much action, fun and just pure awesomeness that I now can't wait for the next episode to come up! I hope it will continue to be as awesome as the first episode has been.

• I agree, I thought Tellate might be going a little too far out of their comfort zone, as they seem to like dark and serious themes as indicated in Walking Dead and Wolf Among Us, but as far as I'm concerned, they've hit a home run with this first episode. Kudos to you guys Telltale, and I hope to see more of the loader bot, he was amazing.

• Loader bot killed me when he touched done and goes, 'Hi." Lol.

I agree, I thought Tellate might be going a little too far out of their comfort zone, as they seem to like dark and serious themes as indica

• I love how you commented on every thread saying they shouldn't make this game...

Let this be a lesson to you.

• Um, Sam and Max and Monkey Island are their comfort zones.

I agree, I thought Tellate might be going a little too far out of their comfort zone, as they seem to like dark and serious themes as indica

• Alt text

dojo32161 posted: »

He had a change of heart.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.