Do we actually know who the 5 protagonists are?

I know 13 characters (10 men and 3 women I think, for some reason) have been revealed, but do we know who the 5 we actually play as are?

I'd assume Mira will be as well as that son who no longer has a claim because angsty bastard stories are a cornerstone of the genre, but not sure who else.

Comments

• No, we have no idea, I'd assume some of the people we saw from their backside are who we are playing as. Like that servant who was walking to House Forrester, that girl who walked into the room with the iron throne, and that guy who's riding on horseback to that town.

I hope we play as both of the twins, they seem interesting.

• edited November 2014

4 of them are assumed to be:

• Asher Forrester, who will be in Essos. Essos is mentioned to be in the story and he is the only known Forrester there.

• Mira Forrester, who will serve as our POV at King's Landing. She was seen walking into the Red Keep to talk with Cersei, plus she's a handmaiden to Margaery meaning there's a link there.

• Ethan Forrester, who might be the 'stay-at-home' Ironrath POV character. If Gregor and Rodrik are killed/captured Ethan would become lord of Ironrath.

• Gared Tuttle, who is Gregor Forrester's squire. We might not act as Gregor but we can witness his actions from Gared's POV. Gared is also seen in quite a few screenshots.

The last one is the only one we can't really make a guess on yet, though I'd say either Lady Forrester, Talia Forrester (to even out the genders of the POV characters a bit) or Malcolm Branfield (so we have another member of the House who isn't actually a Forrester).

I think the POV characters might get deuteragonists too, sort of like sidekick NPCs who can be used as leverage by enemies or who help influence your decisions. Ethan would get Talia, his twin sister, Mira would get Margaery and Gared would get Gregor and possibly Rodrik.

• edited November 2014

Twins is kind of an overdone trope I think in games about extended families. Hope they don't focus too much on their relationship as twins and more as individual characters.

I guess having different episodes focus on them could work in that respect though :)

dojo32161 posted: »

No, we have no idea, I'd assume some of the people we saw from their backside are who we are playing as. Like that servant who was walking t

• I guess I haven't seen many games with extended families, or movies for that matter.

Flog61 posted: »

Twins is kind of an overdone trope I think in games about extended families. Hope they don't focus too much on their relationship as twins a

• I think its all but confirmed we play as

Mira - To see kings landing

Asher- To see essos

Gared- Simply because hes been featured so much

I'd guess at ethan and Brandon for the last to given the bios, the others seem like good characters but established people.

Overall however most resemble a member of the starks in some way

• We don't know yet, but I suppose it will be:

• Asher Forrester: the exiled son claiming back what is 'his' by right if his father and older brother die (IF). BTW he isn't a bastard.

• Mira Forrester: the handmaiden in King's Landing

• Ethan Forrester: just cause he isn't important enough to make hard decisions :P (though that actually should have technically been the same with Clementine, but whatever)

• Gared Tuttle: pretty sure he will be a PC because he has been featured so much and has an interesting position (squire of the Lord)

• Malcolm Branfield would be my best guess. Or another woman, so it is equal again

• edited November 2014

Eh, I treat 'exiled male comes back and may overthrow throne' as essentially the same arc as 'bastard male comes back and may overthrow throne'. It's basically about disowning a male child and then having them return. Tropey, boring, yawn.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/BastardBastard

Most of the tropes can be applied to exiled people. Just bastards are in that nobody-but-somebody position from birth, whereas exiled male children are in that nobody-but-somebody position after birth.

We don't know yet, but I suppose it will be: * Asher Forrester: the exiled son claiming back what is 'his' by right if his father and o

• Who is Brandon?

I think its all but confirmed we play as Mira - To see kings landing Asher- To see essos Gared- Simply because hes been featured so

• Alt text

Eh, I treat 'exiled male comes back and may overthrow throne' as essentially the same arc as 'bastard male comes back and may overthrow thro

• It'd be pretty awesome if we got to choose 5 out of the 13 characters we've been shown; there'd be so much replay-ability.

• Would be cool, but ain't gonna happen.

It'd be pretty awesome if we got to choose 5 out of the 13 characters we've been shown; there'd be so much replay-ability.

• I wonder if the trailer today will reveal our 5 PC's or not. I hope not cause it would be an awesome surprise. :D

It'd be pretty awesome if we got to choose 5 out of the 13 characters we've been shown; there'd be so much replay-ability.

• Ned Stark ;)

I know it wont happen but one can only hope!

• Effective response; my viewpoint has been utterly overhauled.

• But dear ol' Dead Ned was naive and obsolete. :P

On a serious note, his established characterization means he can't be a PC.

NukemDukem posted: »

Ned Stark I know it wont happen but one can only hope!

• Asher and Mira are practically confirmed imo. He is our eyes and ears in Essos and she is our eyes and ears in Kings Landing.

• edited December 2014

After the trailer I'd add Gared and Ethan there. Well Gared especially.

Edit: Well now it's confirmed that protagonists in first episode will be Mira, Ethan and Gared

Asher and Mira are practically confirmed imo. He is our eyes and ears in Essos and she is our eyes and ears in Kings Landing.

• Oh I meant malcolm I just remembered the last name for whatever reason. After an episode ill know them better

WalkerHH93 posted: »

Who is Brandon?

• Tropey, boring, yawn.

Why is every male character boring to you? We know nothing about any of them..... These things are often overdone because they work

Overdone dosnt automatically mean its bad ..... I dont know why thats become a thing

Eh, I treat 'exiled male comes back and may overthrow throne' as essentially the same arc as 'bastard male comes back and may overthrow thro

• Who're you calling naive and obsolete?

But dear ol' Dead Ned was naive and obsolete. :P On a serious note, his established characterization means he can't be a PC.

• Like DeadNedStark asked, where did you hear that?

After the trailer I'd add Gared and Ethan there. Well Gared especially. Edit: Well now it's confirmed that protagonists in first episode will be Mira, Ethan and Gared

• Where was it confirmed?

After the trailer I'd add Gared and Ethan there. Well Gared especially. Edit: Well now it's confirmed that protagonists in first episode will be Mira, Ethan and Gared

• It was in the review that was pulled back.

Where was it confirmed?

• Judging by the figures in the main menu of the game, I'd add the uncle too. (Malcolm Branfield)

Sign in to comment in this discussion.