Question about Macbook Pro 13" (early 2013)

Hi all,

Was thinking about buying the GoT game for a friend. She has an early 2013 MBP with the intel HD 4000. Now I know it specifically says in steam that integrated intel is not recommended, but is there any idea yet if the game will play decently? I've read in some previous episodic games they seem to run okay. Or will it entirely refuse to run on the integrated HD4000?

Comments

• edited December 2014

I will run but probably not well. Its a shame that with a $1000+ laptop you even have to ask that. But, with macs you do because they're not built competitively.

• Yeah :-/ it's silly how all the pros don't have an integrated nvidia or ati chip, just the ultra 15" one. I suppose it'd chip another $100 off the appletax profits and maybe a slight hit to battery life (but only if it were accelerating a game anyway which you would kinda expect to eat the battery anyway).

With all the desktops (imacs only) having mobile gfx chips and only 1 of the macbooks having a mobile gfx chip... It's only the $3000 Mac pros that have a proper desktop gfx card anymore if any! Seems like macs are getting worse and worse for gaming performance... Whatcha gonna do?

fatshinobi posted: »

I will run but probably not well. Its a shame that with a $1000+ laptop you even have to ask that. But, with macs you do because they're not built competitively.

• Sooooo.... Just out of curiosity, now that the game has been out on steam for mac, anyone with an integrated intel hd3000 or 4000 macbook actually try out how the game runs?

• It runs fine at 2880x1800 for me, albeit with the occasional frame skipping. Keep in mind I only keep it at that res for my screenshot playthrough, though, so there shouldn't be any worries.

Also, has your friend checked the system report in "About This Mac"? The general info doesn't show it, but models before late 2013 might have a discreet NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M in there. Now, I don't know if it helps all that much, but it can't hurt to check.

Sooooo.... Just out of curiosity, now that the game has been out on steam for mac, anyone with an integrated intel hd3000 or 4000 macbook actually try out how the game runs?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.