Who else LOVED the humor in the trailer ?

I laughed throughout the entire thing, I was impressed, the humor from what we have seen so far is spot on if you ask me . I loved it . I even laughed the second , third time I watched it. It is spot on for the franchise. To be quite honest Sam and Max I had to force the humor out, I'm being honest here. This trailer legitly made me laugh.

Comments

• edited June 2009
    The facial animation on Guybrush asking "What was THAT?!?" is brilliant!
    Makes me laugh hard
  • edited June 2009
    I loved the nose-punch. Just perfect timing.
  • edited June 2009
    Me too ! I think they really got this game down right . So many small things in the trailer add up to something soooo right . The punch timing is perfect, but the face after and gesture got me too . Good stuff. I love you telltale games !
  • edited June 2009
    I love it when Guybrush says "Boo-Yah!":D
  • edited June 2009
    Not to post whore my own thread, but the subject does interest me, i posted it after all. I laughed at that part too. The voice, the timing ,the atmosphere its contained in is so superb .
  • edited June 2009
    I wasn't really amused by anything there, but none of Telltale's trailers have ever done much for me, so I'm not too worried by it.
  • edited June 2009
    I liked the punch in the face, reminded me of MI 2 when Guybrush and Elaine were kinda jerks (which just suited them so well). After MI 2 everyone seemed to get more and more goofy.
  • edited June 2009
    LuigiHann wrote: »
    I wasn't really amused by anything there, but none of Telltale's trailers have ever done much for me, so I'm not too worried by it.

Seriously? I was pissing myself laughing at the Sam and Max 203 trailer... it was such a great parody of the horror genre :)
  • edited June 2009
    the punch for me
  • edited June 2009
    The Voodoo hand slap did make me cackle; Guybrush's face directly after it was comical.
  • edited June 2009
    I absolutely love the trailer. Guybrush's expression after he insults the Voodoo Lady was priceless.

The later Sam and Max games got really good with the humor, but when Telltale did SBCG4AP and W&G.. there was only so much places they could go with the humor because those IPs already had a set in stone tone of humor. Monkey Island's humor was always the best, and I'm talking about all four games. I have really high hopes.

I don't want to jump the gun, but I really hope this sells well and Telltale makes more Monkey Island episodes after this.
  • edited June 2009
    LuigiHann wrote: »
    I wasn't really amused by anything there

this. the nose punch came close though.
  • edited June 2009
    Loved it. The best part was the final line by Guybrush. So good I sig'd it!
  • edited June 2009
    Trust me , they got this . I can tell, its all the smart detials, the intellectual properites they are shining . Watching the game play footage (leaked ) secret footage was amazing too. I cant wait to play MI-5. Much love TellTale games.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.