Game of Thrones collector edition?

I'm torn between the telltale and the humblebundle store. I would prefer humblebundle, but don't want to miss out on a nice collector's edition, which requires buying the electronic copy in the telltale store (e.g. like walking dead S2). Maybe I missed this information somehow... does anyone know about something like a future collector's edition for game of thrones? A response from a talltale staff member would be highly appreciated, since it would be less assumption-like.

(Quick answer also highly appreciated. Almost can't wait to buy a copy and start playing :-P )

Comments

• Entirely your choice.

But going by recent history, I don't know that the DVD would sway me as it did in the past.

Walking Dead Season 1 didn't have one and the DVDs for Fables and Walking Dead Season 2 are complete jokes for a Telltale "bonus" disc. No commentaries or extra content, so...Unless you have to have a physical DVD with a "digital signature" cover, I'd go with other factors for choosing where to buy.

• It was the signature of Melissa Hutchison that made me get the collectors editionfor Walking Dead S2. Missing something like this for S1, but that is another story. I would love to get the signature of e.g. Peter Dinklage on the game of thrones DVD.

• To each their own.

If it were a real signature, I guess that'd be one thing, but...I'm from an era when Telltale's bonus discs were actually bonus discs with commentaries, bloopers and that sort of thing, so...

If you like the printed signature cover thing, then I'd say you have your answer as to where to buy from.

It was the signature of Melissa Hutchison that made me get the collectors editionfor Walking Dead S2. Missing something like this for S1, but that is another story. I would love to get the signature of e.g. Peter Dinklage on the game of thrones DVD.

• I can't really compare, because walking dead was my first telltale game. But I do understand that you miss the extra extra stuff. Unfortunately I'm not sure if there will be even a signature on the DVD or not for game of thrones - that is what I am trying to find out here from telltale. If it is a simple DVD, I rather go via humble, where at least some of the cash goes to charity.

JJoyce posted: »

To each their own. If it were a real signature, I guess that'd be one thing, but...I'm from an era when Telltale's bonus discs were actua

• I'd really like to know this too. I've always bought all Telltale games in the TT Store (except Puzzle Agent 2, on Steam and L&O and TOTB, which I haven't bought) but I don't know why should I buy Game of Thrones here. If there is no future DVD and not even a Steam key, I would rather buy it directly from Steam or the HB store, at least I would have achievements. It would be very helpful if Telltale can confirm if they're going to release any disc version of this game.

• Could not wait any longer and simply went off buying on Humble Bundle. I figured out now that they not only give you a steam key, but also a key for the Telltale store. So in case there should be ever a collectors edition, I should be on the save side. Therefore I would recommend to buy it there, so you have it in your Steam library and still can jump on the collectors train, if there should be ever one (plus some money goes to charity). Also if you are more patient (contrary to myself) you might even get a discount on Humble. Currently it is regarding price, as good as Steam or Telltale.

Hope that helped you a bit.

nomecopies posted: »

I'd really like to know this too. I've always bought all Telltale games in the TT Store (except Puzzle Agent 2, on Steam and L&O and TOT

• The collector's editions are worthless anyway. Not even a behind-the-scenes video or a few concept art pieces... I mean, gosh, that's really cheap.

• Beside of not knowing, if there will be a GOT collector edition (which this thread is actually about and not if you think it is good or not), we also don't know what possible content would be in it. Maybe there will be stuff you like as well in it? Stay positive... winter hasn't come yet.

JakeSt123 posted: »

The collector's editions are worthless anyway. Not even a behind-the-scenes video or a few concept art pieces... I mean, gosh, that's really cheap.

• That absolutely solve my doubts, I'll go for the Humble Store, but I'll wait until the winter sale is over, I don't wanna buy it and see it on sale just the day after :P

Could not wait any longer and simply went off buying on Humble Bundle. I figured out now that they not only give you a steam key, but also a

Sign in to comment in this discussion.