Minor Gripes, Nothing More...

edited December 2014 in Game Of Thrones

Completed the episode and loved it. Can't wait for the other episodes now, and I only wish they were just a tad longer, but the pace still felt right.

A few things however that I noticed:

At the start of the game, there's a scene in which the camera pans out to show you the twins. It comes up telling you where you are, and underneath it, it says, "The Red Wedding". However, this is a minor error. The so called 'Red Wedding' didn't get its name until after the fact, after what was done. So, calling it The Red Wedding before the fact made no sense. Yes, nitpicking, still...

Ramsay at the gates is the choice I picked towards the end... However, I noticed that somehow the gates are opened up regardless. I did pick up on that 'nod' from Ramsay to one of his men, but the suggestion or implication that somehow he signaled for the gates to be opened was never investigated. And Ethan looked surprised as well as Duncan, but again, there was no 'reason' behind this. Also after the gates are closed, somehow Ramsay's men managed to get in anyway into the Lord's receiving area, yet again this is left unexplained.

Even with the notion of a 'traitor' in their midst, it still seems odd.

Edit* Ah yes, I almost forget. This isn't a gripe as such, but what the hell was Gared Tuttle doing? He went out riding a horse didn't he... yet next time we see him, he's walking beside it! He's meant to be riding the bloody thing, not taking it out on a walk! That bothered me, and made me consider the character in a negative view...

Comments

• hold up you think 2 hours and 10 minutes is not long enough? jesus expectations are going higher now

my only real gripe is at the end with the gate i said i was gonna talk to ramsay at the gate but no matter what we end up in the hall with the men being let in i am feeling a traitor thing happening (maybe the person who didn't get picked as sentinel?) i'm not too fussed if that is explained later

• Seems you can never make telltale fans happy lol. Next thing you know we will get a 3 hour episode and people would still complain it's not long enough lol.

Jewfreeus posted: »

hold up you think 2 hours and 10 minutes is not long enough? jesus expectations are going higher now my only real gripe is at the end wit

• Well, the horse was tired. You can't ride a horse for days without end.

And I think the thing with the Red Wedding was more a nod to the fans, so they'd know what happened right there (although it was pretty obvious to me as a showwatcher anyway).

btw loved that alternate of 'Rains Of Castamere' playing at that part :)

• Err? Maybe you should re-read what I said, because your overly immature aggression is kinda out of context, save it for the real complainers...

I said the pace felt right, and in no way was I even remotely complaining about the lenght. In fact I had to defend TWD lenght of episodes to a friend of mine who felt they were too short!

Anything with Game of Thrones material, Song of Ice and Fire, I love. It's like the episodes in the show... I wish they were longer, because they cram too much in such a short space of time. Here, it's more "I wish it didn't end" rather than "O it wasn't long enough" so get off ya high horse.

Jewfreeus posted: »

hold up you think 2 hours and 10 minutes is not long enough? jesus expectations are going higher now my only real gripe is at the end wit

Sign in to comment in this discussion.