I dont understand the ending.

Where are in seven hell all those soldiers come in at near ending? I met them at the gate and only let Ramsay Bolton and another one lord i dont remember name go in. Did they just teleport in? or they go by another way and the guard not even bother to fight and sound the alarm when spotted intruder?

What logic is this?

Comments

• I got really upset that the soldiers was inside, there was no reason they should have been able to get inside when the gate was closed. I only let in Ramsey and the other bastard so it felt really gamebreaking and like it ignored my choices. I understand them being there for the ending to make sense but now when its over I feel like it made the game feel like whatever you do there is nothing for it because the story in the game will just lead you to a story moment that does not fit the flow if it feels like it because you have to have adversarial moments..

• I figured that there was a traitor in our ranks who opened the portcullis.

• i have feeling they were let in by someone on the inside....

• Still seems odd the way they come inside of the throne room, no audible shouts or anything from the outside or anything of the sort. It would make sense for a traitor to be able to open the portcullis, but then all the extra manpower that was put into showing a strong front would be so complacent they did nothing? They way they showed up is the way I am having trouble with, it felt out of order, like a cut scene that was thrown in.

• Eh it was obviously the ending they wanted with ethan dying, I dont mind too much it not like they could really argue aginst them with more manpower

• I guess Ramsay's group was able to force the gate open.

With no opposition.. In our own fortress... And proceed to leave unhindered...

• Me i think.....he's the apprentice of Goku xD.

No, i think too he was a traitor in their walls.

• edited December 2014

It's actually more or less explained in the game. You don't have enough soldiers to man the walls.

Whitehill and Bolton both brought their armies.

They more or less just raised the gates on their own. You didn't have enough men to stop an army, just a scouting party.

And Ramsay brought an army.

• Well the way a portcullis works makes it hard to just force open, thats why they often needed siege equipment (battering rams etc hence noise..) to take one down. And It would be easy for a small group to hold a gate against larger groups.

I just hope that it gets some explanation in episode two how it could come to pass.
    No matter what my opinion on this event the rest of the game is very good and the story is well done and the portrayals are very good, but this part with the soldiers I will always have some trepidation over.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.