Symbiote Studios MI Statue

Looks like their creepy letter worked!!!

The people who made the awesome (and expensive) Sam and Max statue are apparently working with LucasArts to make one of Guybrush battling LeChuck. It looks like it's based on the Special Edition artwork, which is kind of bad news for Guybrush's hair, but LeChuck looks awesome and menacing. Ghost Pirate LeChuck remains my favorite version, and they did a good job with it.
Blog entry

img_1096-247x300.jpg

Full-size image

Comments

• edited June 2009
    Holy monkey bladders, I better start saving up my pieces of eight.
  • edited June 2009
    Damn, thats gonna be yet another expensive shipping charge :)
  • edited June 2009
    omg... but why not avail on their site.. why force us to use another.. im lost...
  • edited June 2009
    Urgh. Ugly hair.
  • edited June 2009
    Aw, I couldn't afford the Sam & Max one, no matter how much I wanted it. Doubt I could afford this one either. UK-US exchange rates are crud for us Brits at the moment.
  • edited June 2009
    Have the Sam 'n' max, and ofcourse I gonna order this one to, even when the shipping cost more than the statue
  • edited June 2009
    LeChuck has been my idol ever since playing Monkey Island. I would love to see this piece when it is painted.
  • edited June 2009
    S@bre wrote: »
    Aw, I couldn't afford the Sam & Max one, no matter how much I wanted it. Doubt I could afford this one either. UK-US exchange rates are crud for us Brits at the moment.

Exchange rates have improved a bit recently...
  • edited June 2009
    I really really hope a ToMI statue will be on the way too. I'd probably be more likely to buy it than even the SoMI:SE one.
  • edited June 2009
    I would have seriously thought about this if it wasn't for the goofy hair.
  • edited June 2009
    How much is it?
  • edited June 2009
    The S&M one is listed at $75.00 I do not think thats too bad of a price at all.

But I once spent $300 on a Millennium Falcon Model
  • edited June 2009
    $75.00 is pretty expensive but someone says the shipping costs more than the actual statue!?
  • edited June 2009
    Every time I take the wife and kids out to eat its about $50

$75.00 is not bad at all if you get to keep something forever... I have no clue why shipping could possibly cost more than around $20... But who knows maybe they cushion it with plutonium
  • edited June 2009
    If it's cushioned with plutonium, then I'll be able to resell it for a profit.

The plutonium, that is.
  • edited June 2009
    OH NOES ITS A TERRORIST!!!

Kidding
  • edited June 2009
    Goofy haircut or not (and it is pretty damn goofy), I MUST HAVE IT.
  • edited June 2009
    ...... yeah I must say LeChuck is legitimately awesome... I would like to see the thing painted.
  • edited June 2009
    I really love it , I tried sculpting once , it's a hard medium . Atleast I couldn't up and make something like that , not until I actually felt inspired about....something and knew how it felt .
  • edited June 2009
    Nice!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.