DRM question

Will TOMI use Securom or anyother form of DRM?

Comments

• edited June 2009
    yes.
  • edited June 2009
    Well, Telltale would use DRM, but not the nasty kind like Securom.
  • edited June 2009
    Indeed.
    dial-a_pirate_spinner.jpg

I hear that if you put it in your cd drive it's almost as bad for it as starforce.
  • edited June 2009
    Aciesethon wrote: »
    Indeed.
    dial-a_pirate_spinner.jpg

I hear that if you put it in your cd drive it's almost as bad for it as starforce.

Ah, back when even the copy protection could be fun.
  • edited June 2009
    Well, Telltale would use DRM, but not the nasty kind like Securom.
    Sorry to burst your bubble, but all of Telltale's games are using SecuROM.

Try right clicking on one of the executables, then click on "Launch analysis"... you'll get an analysis file you'll have to mail to SecuROM's support in case the copy protection won't work on your machine. Of course in the case of Telltale's downloadable games it's SecuROM's online activation instead of disc checks.

(And, of course, only executables using SecuROM show that "Launch analysis" context menu entry.)

np: The Wooden Birds - Sugar (Magnolia)
  • edited June 2009
    Ah, back when even the copy protection could be fun.

Except when Kings Quest started doing it. Then it got extremely boring...
  • edited June 2009
    Sorry to necropost, but I actually asked Telltale a question re: DRM a while back.

Here 'tis.
  • edited June 2009
    Daigowedd wrote: »
    Will TOMI use Securom or anyother form of DRM?

Yes, TellTale uses Securom DVD/CD-ROM copy protection for all of its downloadable games... :rolleyes:

Let me guess, you read on a forum somewhere that Securom is pure evil and it ruins your computer and breaks everything and steals your identity...

*sigh*
  • edited June 2009
    Leak wrote: »
    Sorry to burst your bubble, but all of Telltale's games are using SecuROM.

Try right clicking on one of the executables, then click on "Launch analysis"... you'll get an analysis file you'll have to mail to SecuROM's support in case the copy protection won't work on your machine. Of course in the case of Telltale's downloadable games it's SecuROM's online activation instead of disc checks

The "Launch Analysis" only appears if you've installed the game from DVD.
  • edited June 2009
    Its better than them sending a big biker to beat you up for playing a pirated version... Oh the Irony of anti piracy measures on a pirate game.
  • edited June 2009
    Most implementations of SeucROM are horrible, awful things.

This one however, is relatively benign.
  • edited June 2009
    The "Launch Analysis" only appears if you've installed the game from DVD.
    That can't be, as there are no DVDs of SBCG4AP and W&G at this time, yet the menu option shows up on their executables...

np: Tosca - D-Moll (Session 1) (Dehli9 (Disc 2))
Sign in to comment in this discussion.