Tyrion Seemed Like Fan Service To Me

As the title says, I felt like Tyrion was mainly there for the sake of pleasing the fans. I mean, if you think about it; Tyrion has a great personality and isn't cruel like just about everyone else in this show is. However, I don't think he would simply care that much about someone so insignificant as Mira. Like I don't think he would have bothered going to that court session even if someone had asked him to--and why would Cersei do that? She hates him. Don't get me wrong, I think Tyrion offering Mira a certain "partnership" as he walked her out is there for a reason, but I think it could have been handled in such a different and more effective way.

Also... he mentions having dinner with Sansa. This really bothered me, considering the Red Wedding has literally JUST occurred, and if I remember correctly Sansa wanted nothing to do with any of the Lannisters, Tyrion included during this time period. Didn't she specifically tell him to leave her alone, or am I misremembering? Either way... Thoughts?

Side note: is it just me or are none of the characters phased by the deaths of the family members? If my brother and father just died I would by weeping my eyes out. Am I reading too much into things?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.