Incredibly Low Metascore?

I just checked and it is 74 marked on metacritic and pretty much in the average spot. I honestly thought the story was outstanding and yeah graphics were unsteady but i never thought it would be THIS low. What do you guys think? This seems a bit unfair...

Comments

• http://unitedfederationofcharles.blogspot.com/2014/12/game-of-thrones-episode-1-iron-from-ice.html

I gave it an 8.5, which is surprisingly low for Telltale.

I love the game but it's something for the hardcore fan of the franchise alone, which is a mistake, IMHO.

• Song of Ice and Fire isn't particularly suitable for people who just want to be dropped right into the action without knowing any of the back story. Someone starting with Book 3 or Season 3 would likely be hopelessly confused.

I prefer it that way. Frankly, just about the only way to get around it would have been to make a historical story rather than one taking place during the events of the books and show.

I was kinda hoping to see a story that takes place during Robert's Rebellion, personally, but I guess leaving out all of the big name cast members might have ostracized the non-hardcore people even more.

http://unitedfederationofcharles.blogspot.com/2014/12/game-of-thrones-episode-1-iron-from-ice.html I gave it an 8.5, which is surprisingl

• Yes, 8.5 is incredibly low. I bet you beat your child senseless when he/she brings you A- from school.

• It's unfortunate really. Mostly those two 5/10s bringing the score down. Anyway, apart from the controls being a bit sluggish and the mouse cursor problem again when it comes to finding it too late during dialog, I'm quite happy with the game so far and it does definitely feel as though choices matter more than in past games. Of course, not in the 'altering the broad story arc' sense, but it feels like there are more callbacks to previous choices/dialog in the episode and the next episode preview looks like it changes based on what you've done. So, I'm happy.

• To do this game really they'd probably have to do like five or six "Seasons" like the show but they apparently wanted to drop us right into the action.

It's kind of a pity, really as I'd have liked to have seen the Foresters during happy times.

MrMiyagi posted: »

Song of Ice and Fire isn't particularly suitable for people who just want to be dropped right into the action without knowing any of the bac

• Eh, I usually give Telltale 9 or 10 scores.

It's better than the majority of stuff out there but they made a lot of mistakes here.

They just better be glad they still can shock me! ;-)

Unknnnnn posted: »

Yes, 8.5 is incredibly low. I bet you beat your child senseless when he/she brings you A- from school.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.