The "praise about ToMI" thread

This thread is for those of you who, like me, don't care about all the dumb complaints and are just too ecstatic about the re-emergence of one of the best adventure game series ever! Sing your praises, because...

WE'RE GETTING A NEW MONKEY ISLAND!

After reading all the complaints about controls, I have always been a fan of the point and click system of the first 3 MI games, but I have to say that after playing all the games through many times, I'm more of a fan of the story and characters, and I can look the other way as long as the controls are usable. I thoroughly enjoyed both MI4 and Grim Fandango, and it only took a couple minutes to get used to the controls. If I have to get used to new controls in ToMI, I'll do so, just to delve back into the world of the Tri-Island Area :)

Thank you so much, Telltale, for bringing back one of my most fond and nostalgic adventure series ever, a series I thought had been buried in LucasArts' basement.

PS I hope you guys retain the original theme song, even if its a remix. Monkey Island isn't Monkey Island without the theme! And, please, MAKE MORE THAN ONE SEASON!

PPS Now that you have Monkey Island under license, try to get your hands on Grim Fandango :D

Comments

• edited June 2009
    Hear hear!

I am so excited about the new Monkey Island; shame people are so cynical.
  • edited June 2009
    I was very pleased with the gameplay footage. But I'm really dying to hear the new music
  • edited June 2009
    I already posted a similar thread entitled the Unconditional Support Thread.
  • edited June 2009
    So complaining before playing is bad, but praising before playing is good :D

Anyway, I'm just kidding around... can't wait to see this game.
  • edited June 2009
    Armakuni wrote: »
    So complaining before playing is bad, but praising before playing is good :D

Anyway, I'm just kidding around... can't wait to see this game.

Nah, its all good, but I am amazed at how many people are already making complaints when the announcement is what, 1 day old? LOL.

I just found out about the game a couple hours ago, and my heart is still racing.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.