Missed opportunity (Minor spoilers)

As far as I know if you do appeal to Ramsay with your craftsmanship it still goes the same way no matter what.
They missed an opportunity here. Some players could have had Ethan die by playing it badly. Some could have gotten through it correctly with him alive.

It would have been the first time they could have done something like this since you're playing multiple characters.
BUT NOPE. Telltale is too lazy/too poor/too ambitious to put anything like that in!
I personally would rather Telltale take more time to put more time and work into these if it meant that your choices actually did matter. Especially in a game like this where death can be handed out so swiftly and change your actual story dramatically.

Comments

• edited December 2014

Well, if there was a way for Ethan to live, people would say that was the "right" decision.

However, I would have made it so that either way, a family member would die.

If you play it "right" Ethan dies.

If you'd belligerent, he kills your sister.

It could be the Carly or Doug choice except people would actually choose Doug.

That would be cool, I think.

• I think even that is a cop-out. Because if you can remember no matter who you save, Carly or Doug, it's really just superficial dialogue changes and then they die in episode 3 anyway. Nothing actually changed from that decision.

Well, if there was a way for Ethan to live, people would say that was the "right" decision. However, I would have made it so that either

• I disagree because six extra months or so with Carly is a pretty big change.

I do think it's kind of naff that Telltale has you choose for someone to live only to kill them the next episode.

I hate when they do that.

But I do think the stories should mostly stay the same.

I think even that is a cop-out. Because if you can remember no matter who you save, Carly or Doug, it's really just superficial dialogue changes and then they die in episode 3 anyway. Nothing actually changed from that decision.

• When I think about it like this perhaps I have been a bit too hasty. It is only the first episode, after all. Plenty of time to see the fruition of choices and such.

I just hope that episode one isn't a good representation of the rest of the series.

I agree in some instances it makes little sense what happens. However to be honest Ethan not being angry about him with Talia is just a bit

• I agree in some instances it makes little sense what happens. However to be honest Ethan not being angry about him with Talia is just a bit weird, shes his twin ethan would be pissed off about it. Anyway Ethan is essentially our incentive. Rodrik and Gregor were red herrings. Ethans death sets up the rest of the series. Future choices could matter but in my opinion its six episodes for this reason, this first episode is more just a set up.

I agree choice needs to matter but Ethan alive or dead this early is to big a change, by ep 6 I hope there will be a main character(s) that can be dead or alive

• I think it was likely Ramsay was ordered to kill the Forester Lord, take a hostage, and leave a garrison by Roose. This all seems way too neat and clean for the Ramsay of the show or books.

• Nah, because it isn't about making the 'correct' choice. Ethan living changes the entire story. You choose how your characters react to the story, not how the story itself goes. That's how its always been, and I don't understand why people insist on disappointing themselves by expecting anything else. There's no point in adding an option that weakens the overall story.

• six extra months

3 months and 2 weeks

I disagree because six extra months or so with Carly is a pretty big change. I do think it's kind of naff that Telltale has you choose fo

Sign in to comment in this discussion.