Funniest joke/scene in the MI series *spoilers*

Comments

• edited June 2009
    1. Swish-swish.
    2. Hooooooooock!
    3. Chwwwwwwwwwwww!
    4. Ptooie!
  • edited June 2009
    My favourite line was "Polly wants a cracker". This was especially funny in the german version: "Polly will nen keks". I'm still laughing today when pronouncing this sentence.

"CRACK" :D
  • edited June 2009
    Rulzern wrote: »

The bone dance. (MI2)

This one literally made me fall out of my chair way back then... Took me completely by surprise!

Also, getting Stan to "leave" his coffin shop in MI2 :D
  • edited June 2009
    Murray: "...and the forces of darkness will applaud me as I STRIDE through the gates of hell carrying your head on a pike!"

Guybrush: "Stride?"

Murray: "Alright then, ROLL! ROLL through the gates of hell..."
  • edited June 2009
    Guybrush: "What are doing up there?"

Murray: "I am standing as a testament..."

Guybrush: "Standing?"

Murray: "Alright, hanging as testament..."

Guybrush: " And how did you get all the way up there?"

Murray: "By mere force of will!"

Guybrush: Huh huh
  • edited June 2009
    when they changed the scumm bar to the lua bar was lol. and the insult arm wrestling.
  • edited June 2009
    Guybrush: "I wonder if Murray knows that they have his arm on display here ?"

OR

Guybrush(throwing his voice at Mr. Fossey):"Uhh, testing, one, two ,thee"

Mr. Fossey:"Uhoh, I'm hearing the voices Again."

OR

Guybrush(throwing his voice at LeChimp):" Look at me, the crew, We're all... Monkeys"

Mr. Fossey:"You mean, like in the Darwinnian sense, sir ?"

Guybrush(throwing his voice at LeChimp, annoyed):" No, I mean in the quite litteral sense."
  • edited June 2009
    Honestly it's between "Skuuuullll Isalnd....duck" and in MI2 the Easy version you have to ask wally if he has any "bright ideas" how to escape and put out the candle on the machine...and later wally comments, "I told him I needed to go to the bathroom." There are just too many to choose from though...it's all greatness.
  • edited June 2009
    My favourite line was "Polly wants a cracker". This was especially funny in the german version: "Polly will nen keks". I'm still laughing today when pronouncing this sentence.

"CRACK" :D
    [url=http://www.nichtlustig.de/toondb/020302.html
    ]020302.jpg[/url]

np: Deadbeat - A Joyful Noise (Part II) (Something Borrowed, Something Blue)
  • edited June 2009
    "Goodbye cruel adventure game..!"
  • edited June 2009
    Guybrush: (throwing his voice to Manny) (Spanish accent)Waiter. There's a metatarsul in my soup.

This one had me rolling. And they say there's no dark humor in CMI.
  • edited June 2009
    "Snugglecakes" Van Helgen: "Haggis! Lend a hand!"
    Haggis: "I'm barely holdin' on meself, mates!" (is revealed to be holding down his kilt during a ferocious storm) "By God, this wind! She's the devil's own!"
  • edited June 2009
    The voodoo doll in Monkey 2 :) Its so cool. And the "If this is 5 what is this" puzzle. The wanted poster, the ending. Its hard to go 5 min without at least having a big smile in Monkey 2. But I guess thats just how all Monkey games are unless you are stuck.

I really should begin going through them all again, especially now that I can play them on ScummVM on my Wii :)

Btw:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GG7WYCt4SRo&feature=related
  • edited June 2009
    Secret: The instant replay and the BLIMP CAM had me laughing til the end credits.

Curse: Papapishu.

Escape: "It's a rather unspectacular duck..."

I dunno about my favorite in Revenge, I'll have to think about it.
  • edited June 2009
    whoa look at the size of her...ponytail.

Lol like that when Guybrush looks at the Elaine waitress at Planet Threepwood
  • edited June 2009
    Oh yea. Walking offscreen in one of the Scenes in EMI:

*click off screen*

I could go over there... but I reaally dont want too... yeaaa.

:)
  • edited June 2009
    In Revenge when you are in Elaine's room and Guybrush says "You know, I've heard some people talking about Marley's bust..." when you look at the stone bust.
    That one had me in stitches.

Edit:
    For those who may not have seen it
    mi2bust.jpg
  • edited June 2009
    That whole scene with Guybrush trying to seduce Elaine while wearing a pink dress is pretty hillarious.
  • edited June 2009
    MADRE DE DIOS !
    ES EL POLLO DIABLO !!

Prabably not my favourite, but i just love this line:D
  • edited June 2009
    serweet wrote: »
    In Revenge when you are in Elaine's room and Guybrush says "You know, I've heard some people talking about Marley's bust..." when you look at the stone bust.
    That one had me in stitches.

Edit:
    For those who may not have seen it
    mi2bust.jpg

I prefer the chest in the other corner. "It's impolite to stare at a woman's chest!"

A short list of my favourite Monkey Island gags that haven't been mentioned:
    - Repeatedly trying to 'pick up' Kate Capsize
    - "I think we're having a real moment here" before the ship's mast snaps in half.
    - "Okay dog, you're coming with me"
    - Jojo The Monkey-Wrench
    - "What kind of weird duck are you?"
    - Combining all the Prosthetics together and creating a monster. "It's.... alliiiive!"
    - "I will hide your keys beneath your upholstered furniture! And never more will you be able to find socks that match!"
    - MurrayBall
    - "I choose the banjo!"
  • edited June 2009
    Speaking of Kate Capsize... You can come across the glass bottomed boat in CoMI during Insult Swordfighting. I always sink it ^^
  • edited June 2009
    "I Choose the Banjo"

"I Accept!"

"You Do?"
  • edited June 2009
    I've been replaying CMI for the first time in a long time again (I never finished it before), and I had never seen the final smuggler scene before. I must say that is one of the funniest, most brilliant scenes I've seen in a Monkey Island game ever. The lighting in the smuggler's cave after the lights went out, provided by lightning flashes, was very cool, serious, and atmospheric.

And the ending where he throws that elevator guy off of the cliff as revenge was HILARIOUS. And people say Guybrush stopped being a jerk after MI2. Not so at all. :D
  • edited June 2009
    I am a big fan of the references to other adventure games, from the Lucas Arts game references to the deaths from MI1.

Someone mentioned the men of low moral fiber, and having to get to the end of the conversation tree to finally get the item. This taught me the same thing... but Herman Toothrot in MI2, taught me that sometimes, while it may take forever to get to the end of... there really isn't anything important there. "If a tree falls in the woods and no one's around to hear it, what color is it?"
  • edited June 2009
    Guybrush: You say you're nasty pirates...
    Guybrush: ...scheming, thieving, bad bushwhackers?
    Guybrush: From what I've seen I tell you...
    Guybrush: ...you're not pirates! You're just slackers!

A pirate I was mean't to be...
  • edited June 2009
    I am a big fan of the references to other adventure games, from the Lucas Arts game references to the deaths from MI1.

Someone mentioned the men of low moral fiber, and having to get to the end of the conversation tree to finally get the item. This taught me the same thing... but Herman Toothrot in MI2, taught me that sometimes, while it may take forever to get to the end of... there really isn't anything important there. "If a tree falls in the woods and no one's around to hear it, what color is it?"

Not important!? ...well, if you didn't go to the end of it, you would never know that it's ALL colors! Would you now?
    =)
  • edited June 2009
    How appropriate, you fight like a cow

I LOVE insult swordfighting
  • edited June 2009
    Guybrush: What a minute, you name is I.Cheese.

Ignatious Cheese: Aye...

Guybrush: Cheese...

Ignatious Cheese: Aye.
  • edited June 2009
    I'd say either
    Edward Van Helgen: "What! You shot my banjo!"
    Guybrush:"You can't be sure of that. That shot may have come from the grassy knoll."

or

Murray: "I'm a powerful demonic force! I'm the harbinger of your doom! And the forces of darkness will applaud me as I STRIDE through the gates of hell carrying your head on a pike!"
    Guybrush: "Stride?"
    Guybrush: "Alright then, roll! ROLL through the gates of hell. Must you take the fun out of everything?"

EDIT:
    just thought of another..

Guybrush: "How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"
    Carpenter: "A woodchuck would chuck no amount of wood since a woodchuck can’t chuck wood."
    Guybrush: "But if a woodchuck could chuck and would chuck some amount of wood, what amount of wood would a woodchuck chuck?"
    Carpenter: "Even if a woodchuck could chuck wood and even if a woodchuck would chuck wood, should a woodchuck chuck wood?"
    Guybrush: "A woodchuck should chuck wood if a woodchuck could chuck wood, as long as a woodchuck would chuck wood."
    Carpenter: "Oh shut up"
  • edited June 2009
    My big all time favorite scene of fun: the spitting contest (MI2).
  • edited June 2009
    when Pegnose Pete slips...
  • edited June 2009
    "Hey! What have you done to my arm?"
    "I pasted it!"
    "You are a sad, strange man..."
  • edited June 2009
    Voodoo Lady in SoMI

"I see the guilt of stealing my chicken grows. You may have it."
    "Why don't you want it? Is it jinxed with some mystical voodoo curse?"
    "No. The pulley squeeks."
  • edited June 2009
    Captain Kate shouting out the advertisement for 'Three hour tours'.
  • edited June 2009
    RobD wrote: »
    "Hey! What have you done to my arm?"
    "I pasted it!"
    "You are a sad, strange man..."
    When does he say this?
  • edited June 2009
    When you add glue to his arm to get Morts lamp. In the Goodsoup crypt.
  • edited June 2009
    In LeChuck's fortress
    Guybrush: "How's it hanging?"
    Or
    Guybrush: "Wally. I love you man."

Or in CMI
    Guybrush: "If you've been locked in that coffin, how were you able to have business cards made?"
    Stan: "Now's not the time to worry about the technicalities, son"
  • edited June 2009
    Sugar boots
  • edited June 2009
    MI: That whole circus scene..The two brothers, Guybrush's short career in the circus and the little pot he had for his protection.

MI2: Guybrush stuffing a live dog down his pants.

MI3: Every scene Murray was in. That guy was a nut. Guybrush singing the "hits" to impress the Barber-Shop Pirates.
  • edited June 2009
    live dog AND live monkey
Sign in to comment in this discussion.