The Coal Boy

edited December 2014 in Game Of Thrones

I have a feeling that the coal boy might be working for Varys, Since we all know Varys usually uses poor people as spy's and such. Also he said something about that 'their are people willing to help her.'
Varys has been know to help women (ie, Sansa,Shae the prostitute that worked for little finger)
So we might be seeing more of the TV cast in the Game in later episodes.
If Varys shows up then most likely Little finger might as well.
What do you guys think??

Comments

• Varys is the most likely choice.

It's also possible he really is what he says he is and the people of Kings Landing are THAT stupid to miss all the ubiquitous commoners around them.

• First of all its *Shae and *Littlefinger :P

And I didn't think about this, buts it likely. I hope they do something different with the coal boy, something more interesting.

• From the first moment i saw him he had the look of one of Varys people from the show. No doubts.

• I pegged him as "one of the Spider's little birds" from moment one.

• edited December 2014

Presumably whoever it is will want information on Margaery in return, bearing in mind what happens in the first half of season 4 Littlefinger is smart enough to know the Tyrells (Olenna specifically) wouldnt dare mention his involvement in the purple wedding, but i think hed still be paranoid enough to want ears in the Tyrell camp. He seems more likely than Varys to me, although he couldnt really show up in the game

• Yeah, I was suspicious of the coal boy and Margaery's other handmaiden the whole episode. It turns out Mira had known the other handmaiden for several years, so I was probably wrong on that one. Oops.

As for the coal boy, I wouldn't be surprised if he's one of Varys, Littlefinger or even Cersei's spies.

• I highly doubt a spy of Cersei would offer her help. For all of Cersei's conniving and paranoia, she doesn't strike me as the type to make a sting operation to go "A-ha! I knew this random handmaiden was untrustworthy! Now die!"

As for Littlefinger... I fail to see how she would draw his interest. "Random minor noble house from the North" doesn't exactly scream "Only Cat" advancement to me.

PicasHowl posted: »

Yeah, I was suspicious of the coal boy and Margaery's other handmaiden the whole episode. It turns out Mira had known the other handmaiden f

• And what reason does Varys have to be involved with Mira? Now we don't know Varys's true intentions (though they're likely Essos-centric), so in the grand scheme of things she isn't much use to him either.

If both of Margaery's handmaidens are loyal, which they appear to be, it's possible Cersei would try and get info on Marg in more indirect ways.

Orrr he could just be a simple coal boy, boring as it is.

Kimarous posted: »

I highly doubt a spy of Cersei would offer her help. For all of Cersei's conniving and paranoia, she doesn't strike me as the type to make a

• I have yet to watch Game of Thrones TV series so for me this "coal boy" didn't say really anything other than it was some peasant kid who worked in messy job.

• Littlefinger is not in Red Keep during the game

• I hope we see Varys show up. He is my 3rd favorite character from the show.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.