Some things I found funny in the pilot episode...

First is the beginning when the Rovick guy dies after being smashed by a horse. A youtuber I watch was even laughing because how in the hell can you die by being smashed by a horse. Yes you'll have broken bones, but you'll heal over time.

Second thing I thought was funny is the male characters seem to be the only one's swearing using words like: cunt' fucking, etc. Gared's

Third was when the doctor put maggots in Gared's leg. I was like ''What the fuck. Now he's going to have flies in his leg!''

Fourth is when Mia's friend Sera told her she only wanted the viper (Whatever that is) and a husband so she can become king

Fifth was Ramsey's guard when he looked over at the tree Gared was at. He told Ramesy he didn't see anything. Gared's face was obviously showing so how couldn't he see him lol.

Six thing was when the little boy became bipolar and started to explain to Ethan how he wanted a real sword and take revenge for their father's death. That was an awkward moment for me lol

Seventh was how they choose random people to become king or queen even if they're kids. Ethan obviously wasn't ready and I'm shocked that bastard Ramsey killed him. He got the lethal kill like Faith from The Wolf Among Us.

I know this game isn't supposed to be funny, but these are the things I found funny in episode 1

Comments

1. You found that funny? Also A horse is heavy

2. Men swear, natural. Women in a court environement know there "courtsies" belive me the women swear just a much behind closed doors

3. Maggots are still used today sometimes, they help avoid gangrene etc as they eat dead flesh not living; also its called a Maestor

4. the viper or red viper is Oberyn Martells nickname, Sera seems like a dumbass to be fair

5. Gared was hid, also it was meant to be pitch black, we can seee stuff due to us being in the dark as the player

6. Thats.... not being bipolar thats being 6/7 and angry that your family is dead but not really understanding it

7. Its showing how flawed the world/time period is. But its anything but random Ethan is the oldest son left so hes in charge. Thats how it works Oldest son to youngest then it moves to daughters. Funnily enough Ryon will be in charge now. Though given how very young he is the sentinal/castellen will likely rule in his place

• edited December 2014
    1. A horse weighs around 1000 pound which really is enough to kill you

didn't bother with the rest

• edited December 2014
    1. Horses weigh a hell of alot so I think it could kill you or at the very least do some internal bleeding.

2. Good point I didn't notice that, but your right. Same thing goes in the show most of the time. Probably because like FireWallCano said.

3. I don't know how it works exactly, but I am certain that's how they used to clean wounds back in the day.

4. I don't remember that dialogue, but by the Viper I'm pretty sure she's talking about Oberyn.

5. Another good point. Maybe he thought it was just an animal or something? It was dark after all.

6. I felt similar , but Well he was ticked his brother and father died :P

7. I think by king or queen you meant head of the house. Well in this world only men can be the Lord of the house. Even if they're only a kid and unfortunately for Ethan he was next in line since Rodrick died and Asher is exiled.

• This game in particular wasn't exactly supposed to be funny. Tales of Bordelands are funny. This is a political game. The only thing funny is Tyrion, i am speaking about the show and a game.

So what if he's the only one swearing? I am 18 and i don't swear. In the show many young ladies rarley swear.

Do you know what time this game/show is portrayed in. It is normal to use worms. In the show they used them also.

Fourth is when Mia's friend Sera told her she only wanted the viper (Whatever that is) and a husband so she can become king

This one i won't explain, it is normal not to see him BUT nowing Ramsey ( from the show) he would definitely check that one out so i sort of agree.

Bipolar? He is a kid, Jesus what do you expect to do. To ME it seemed like he was trying to have fun and express some joy, acting like a normal kind in that kind of position an he probably wanted to be a fighter some day so he wanted to show off.

Jofrey was young too and he was declared king, much worse though.

• I really hope you're joking.

• I'm not joking. If I had more knowledge of this game than I'd find nothing funny about it.

• I agree with your points, especially the swearing one. I'm a woman and I don't swear often either. The OP must not understand that up until the last 50-60 years or so it was deemed incredibly crass and inappropriate for women to speak like that in front of people. The expression "curses like a sailor" refers to men sailors specifically. It's not a good thing to be said of a lady. Only recently have women sworn in public. Still, I don't think that most women do. I think that the OP is kind of forgetting the social code of a medieval-based world. Women of the court would NEVER swear in public. They wouldn't do it today either. Could you imagine if Queen Elizabeth or the Duchess of Cambridge or Queen Letizia of Spain swore in public? Femininity, grace, and eloquence are valued virtues among noblewomen, throughout history.

Majda posted: »

This game in particular wasn't exactly supposed to be funny. Tales of Bordelands are funny. This is a political game. The only thing funny

• Most of these things arnt stuff you need to know the series for, in fact very few are. Maybe the viper one is the one thing you couldnt know otherwise

I'm not joking. If I had more knowledge of this game than I'd find nothing funny about it.

• so what you are trying to say is that you need to have knowledge about game of thrones to know that a horse is heavy enough to kill you k whatever

I'm not joking. If I had more knowledge of this game than I'd find nothing funny about it.

• Are we sure Rodrik is dead? I don't think that's 100% guaranteed. Look at the silhouette on the menu for the mystery 5th protagonist/POV character. It looks an awful lot like Rodrik's form. Even if he is dead, it's perfectly believable that a horse could have killed him. They're a lot heavier than you think. I addressed your point about swearing in another post already. Pretty much, it's important to understand that for the vast majority of the history of humanity, different held expectations were held of the sexes. They still are, as much as some people like to pretend that that is not the case. Women were expected to carry themselves with grace and be soft-spoken. Women, especially noblewomen, could not be bawdy or ribald. They would be looked at as common/vulgar if they behaved in such a way. As for the maggots, they are a valid form of medical treatment that's been around for ages. They're even used in Western medicine to this day. They eat only necrotic flesh and leave the healthy, pink flesh alone. They can stave off infection and save a life, especially in a medieval setting where there's no such thing as penicillin. Lastly, Ethan is a lord, not a king. He's the head of his household and yes, he is young, but again, this is a medieval-like setting and their ways aren't necessarily the same as ours. Just keep the time period in mind when playing the game. You can't apply modern standards to ancient times.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.